User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning well yesterday's shopping morphed into something different. The huge Independent store had many bare shelves and they were sold out of the beef roasts I went to pick up. I settled on some split chicken wings to make soya chicken wings and a pork loin roast (hoping we can recreate some form of souvlaki in the air fryer). I exchanged my jacket but it was a different sku and the cashier helped me "save" my points from a past promo by not scanning my card with the return/purchase. I was astounded at the small amount of items in people's carts at the grocery store, I walked about spending a mere $38. I picked up a few items at Giant Tiger but they were also sold out of the sale produce I wanted aside from green peppers so a small spend there as well.
    My strategic shop at SDM paid off, I returned the over priced batteries that I missed SCOOping last week and then picked up milk, vitamins etc. earning 20,000 pts with a $60 spend.
    I was too tired to drop over to Frescho to purchase some "reasonably priced produce" so I came home and browsed Walmart.ca grocery online. I was pleased and surprised that the "fresh" items I wanted, were actually fairly decent prices. I placed an order that I'll pick up later this morning. To my delight, I just rec'd an email with pleasant surprises... frozen spinach subbed for fresh at the same price and brand name orange juice subbed for tropicana. Walmart grocery pick up could be a decent solution for produce until late spring.

Oh if you're a gardener, veggie seeds were on sale at GT 3/$1 Have a great day!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The past couple of days have been really good days.

Monday, I was having a cannot sit still day. So I got up did stuff around the house but also forced myself to sit down and work on policies and procedures for work. I mainly got the little things done, dishwasher emptied, reloaded, hand dishes done, cleaned out the fridge, scrubbed down the fridge.

Tuesday, was better for being able to sit still but still not great so I took out garbage and recycling, scrubbed down the wall behind our garbage can, under the garbage can and the garbage can itself. We always clean the actual bin where the bag goes but I scrubbed down the outside as well.

I had also planned to Costco shop Tuesday, I will admit, I did not want to go but with the snow coming in I knew I needed to just got and get it done. I spent more than I had planned but bought more than I had planned as I am not sure when we will go back.

I got a new Kitchen Mat, they were on sale and a couple of ours are showing there age, this new one is so soft, I love it.

Grabbed a pack of pillows, I have the worst time with pillows, cheap ones, expensive ones does not matter. Somehow in my sleep I mash and mangle and destroy them. The past couple of weeks I have been waking up with neck & shoulder pain, headaches and none of my pillows are working for me. So hoping these help.

For meats, I grabbed a package of Chicken Breast, my original plan was to buy 2 but I grabbed a chicken wings instead. I have seen a lot of posts that Chicken Wings have been hit and miss, only Mom eats them but so much cheaper than anywhere else. I also got a major deal on whole Chickens, the cashier said they WAY over ordered so they had them marked down to $3.99/kg (1.81/lb) and then they were $6 off a package. I got two massive chickens, they are boarding on being a small turkey for $5 & $6. I actually regret not buying more but we already have 2 in the freezer.

I got my Romaine, so far Costco's price is unchanged 6 Romaine Hearts for $5.99.

We had been using the Kirkland Conditioner which I got on sale it is okay but in the winter it just isn't working so I grabbed a Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner combo that was on sale. I also grabbed hand soap, normally I only buy when on sale and that lasts us about a year but I missed it when it was on sale so I went ahead and grabbed the 2-pack, still a great deal and stocked up for a year.

I will still need to shop locally as I did not grab must produce, only grabbed Romaine and Mushrooms as their produce prices are quite high right now. I paid a little more for Mushrooms than I would locally but I am not sure when I will get to shop locally and we put Mushrooms in so many dishes. With the snow coming today if need be we can get through the weekend.

So far not a lot of snow here, I woke up and it had not started snowing, it started around 8 am and right now has stopped. I will not be sad if this storm misses us.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Feb 2nd, 2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Giseledta and harbie like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I never find the produce prices at Costco very good-except for bananas.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For me, it used to be Bananas, Romaine & Portobellos. The Portobellos have now gone up in price, still cheaper then local stores but now considered a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I never find the produce prices at Costco very good-except for bananas.
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I prefer to buy avocados from Costco; they are bigger, better and last longer than say walmart or rcss. Once I did have to return a bag of avocados to Costco after splitting open one the bought the same day; they were professional and issued a store credit for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    For me, it used to be Bananas, Romaine & Portobellos. The Portobellos have now gone up in price, still cheaper then local stores but now considered a treat.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Since I wasn’t called to teach today, I’m trying to arrange some coupon trades. I used to trade on Facebook but I can only remember the name of the one group. Can anyone please tell me the names of Facebook groups that you trade coupons on?
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

it is in Quebec the week of prevention of suicide so it its a very toff emotionnal rollercoaster week considering my brother commited suicide in may 2014...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    it is in Quebec the week of prevention of suicide so it its a very toff emotionnal rollercoaster week considering my brother commited suicide in may 2014...
    @cath007 (((HUGS)))
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sympathies cath007

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hugs cath

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thank you for your kindness everyone Very appreciated
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 6 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 **HUGS**
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a bit of a backslide, did not get as much done. I woke up feeling horrible and just did not rebound so only the bare minimum got done but that is okay. Today is a new day, woke up with a headache, not sure what is up by my sinuses are really hating me these days but it doesn't feel like an infection just annoyed at something. Now that I am up and moving I feel a bit better but still have the headache.

Well I made my breakfast I started the hand dishes, will finish them up shortly. Knocking some work stuff out.

Will need to go an shovel, looks like the wet heavy snow, not looking forward to this but gotta get it done.

I looked up the new flyers a few good deals on some fresh stuff which is all we need after my trip to Costco. Not sure when I will shop yet, will see how the rest of the week pans out.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight, now that I went shopping we have so many options and I am not always good with options LOL.

Happy Thursday Everyone

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Sorry my friend, praying for you and yours!
    I will say again how kind people a lot of people on SC are towards others. It’s still very encouraging!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hugs Cathy

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information