User Tag List

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @cath007 & @SassyAshley I went to lay down for an hour and a half this morning and that combined with the massage Dh gave me seems to have lifted it. I don’t get them often but when I do WOW!

You are braver that me @HermanH

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi all just got home from toronto ,we had a lovely time watching sebastian's jujitus friday night and my daughter bought her and i a personal sour dough pizza ,hers was dill pickle /mustard boy that was good my was plain cheese ,yummy .Hubby and sebastian had pizza pizza,we bought.

Let me tell you we left at 8.45 yesterday morning driving in the storm 40 at some times ,it was so intense here. When we got past oakville it stopped toronto had nothing til noon and it was so light .My neighbour plowed his and our long driveway twice ,he said it snowed til 8.30 at night ,wow.

So glad to be home and resting now ,before i do laundry.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A nice milestone for us. We crossed over $300.00 in PCO points. I know not alot for more seasoned veterans but for us it is massive and will go towards great meats for summer BBQs
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Glad you’re home safely @coupon girl

Hey $300 IS a lot of $$$$ @GoodBoy especially when you have to work so hard to earn pc points nowadays and you can stretch it being a smart canucker

I went for a walk to IGA since I needed silk creamer and dh forgot to tell me we were low last night at shoppers . I also picked up 2 Vitalite non dairy cheeses with coupons. Saved $2.50 total which is sad but the cashier was impressed. That store rarely get customers using coupons for some reason . Guess I live amongst the rich people .

The colder weather with the light rain actually felt good and so far my headache is still at bay. Now for a coffee before I tackle some kitchen cleaning.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought groceries after work yesterday and prepared to stay at the house until Monday, if need be. I’m hoping to work at the school tomorrow, but I’d like to see roads being cleared before then. Snow drifts in my driveway in Estevan are 5’ high. Dh and the kids have been working on clearing the driveway off and on. They’re still under the blizzard advisory and all highways around that area have been closed for the last 20 hours.

The snowdrifts at my back door of the rental house were 3’ high, where is shovelled only a day ago. 1.5’ high piles of snow on top of the garbage bins. I helped my retired neighbour get his truck safely unstuck, so he paid for the bobcat driver to plough out my driveway at the rental house while he was getting his own driveway cleared out too. Snow drifts at my back door we’re 3’ tall at that point. Still snowing and blowing, but not as badly now. The highway conditions have improved locally.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 11th, 2023 at 05:12 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Glad you’re home safely @coupon girl

Hey $300 IS a lot of $$$$ @GoodBoy especially when you have to work so hard to earn pc points nowadays and you can stretch it being a smart canucker

I went for a walk to IGA since I needed silk creamer and dh forgot to tell me we were low last night at shoppers . I also picked up 2 Vitalite non dairy cheeses with coupons. Saved $2.50 total which is sad but the cashier was impressed. That store rarely get customers using coupons for some reason . Guess I live amongst the rich people .

The colder weather with the light rain actually felt good and so far my headache is still at bay. Now for a coffee before I tackle some kitchen cleaning.
    Thank you! I have learned much from the good folk here! I am appreciative every time I can save something as a result of the good information from this site. So thank you ALL!
    @harbie you are living among the caviar and champagne crowd I guess -
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I understand the desire to be home but sometimes safety is the most important. Having grown up in Saskatoon I am familiar with the snow you can get and the desire to just get out and do it!

Stay strong and wishing you a good week!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I bought groceries after work yesterday and prepared to stay at the house until Monday, if need be. I’m hoping to work at the school tomorrow, but I’d like to see roads being cleared before then. Snow drifts in my driveway in Estevan are 5’ high. Dh and the kids have been working on clearing the driveway off and on. They’re still under the blizzard advisory and all highways around that area have been closed for the last 20 hours. The snowdrifts at my back door of the rental house were 3’ high, where is shovelled only a day ago. 1.5’ high piles of snow on top of the garbage bins. I helped my retired neighbour get his truck safely unstuck, so he paid for the bobcat driver to plough out my driveway at the rental house while he was getting his own driveway cleared out too. Snow drifts at my back door we’re 3’ tall at that point. Still snowing and blowing, but not as badly now. The highway conditions have improved locally.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Stay safe @Angela273

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    @harbie you are living among the caviar and champagne crowd I guess -
    And I’m the one on a beer budget

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what the heck is going on with the price for Easter chocolates?! Maybe it's because I have not bothered buying any wee goodies for so long but wow! In retrospect I probably should have gone to a Dollar store for the stuff I needed instead of giving WM my money.
    I'm just making up 8 very small goodie baskets for my guests at Easter. No ratting us out to the Easter Bunny as one of us are kids! lol
    So fortunate to find 5 very cute hand crocheted white water can baskets ( someone at one time was creative! ) and 2 ceramic Easter styled bags at the Thrift store for so cheap! Still had that purple grass stuff leftover from who knows when, so I threaded some of it into the spout to look like water coming out.
    Trying to prep whatever I can early.

Name:  easter one.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  easter two.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  90.1 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Mar 12th, 2023 at 06:16 AM.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    @walkonby I bought some of the Easter chocolates at RCSS on Monday and was also shocked at the prices of the Cadbury eggs.

Today will be house cleaning and laundry .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am so not a fan of springing forward. I admit in my haze/grogginess this morning I forgot we sprung forward. I woke up thinking oh it must be around 6:30, time to get up but was shocked to see it was 7:30. At first I thought, well guess I needed the sleep but then I came down and saw the time on the stove and remember we sprung forward and as far as my body is concerned it is 6:30. It is going to be a long day.

Yesterday was one of those days where I feel like I was doing stuff/working on stuff all day but do not feel like I got a lot done. I feel like I start a lot of stuff but did not get it done.

Plan for today is a quick hour tidy to get things back on track for the week to come. I should do some prep as well. But first I need tea and maybe some Robax, one side of my neck into my shoulder is killing me, I must have slept funny.

Also need to figure out dinner for tonight, I tried to write a meal plan yesterday but everything I looked at was just meh, it wasn't a good food day. Last night we had steak sandwiches with potatoes wedges and salad. Maybe I will do a roast of some sort today, we have beef roasts, whole chickens, pork tenderloin and pork loins so there are options.

Happy Sunday.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby how cute the easter stuff is you have put together.I need to get going on the easter treats and the main toy for grandkids .So behind this year ,have been since covid started .Maybe i never find good deals anymore on .I was in walmart a few weeks back but thought nope the easter stuff will go cheaper .

Such a good sleep last night i went to bed at 8.30 p.m .At daughters place i could hear sounds on the street below ,so disrupted my sleep.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow looking at the gap for clothing for grandkids and myself ,nope a lot of their prices have gone up,even with discounts.If i do find a few pieces then i would have to pay shipping (that is not happening)

See even clothing has gone up .Last year i bought a long sleeve top at walmart for $3.00 on a reduced rack ,now full of holes on the back and front so it became a rag.Mind you walmart does have a few brand names like penmans i have bought it washes great and better quality .No wonder i love to shop thrift for myself.

I may try to get to giant tiger this week thou they have a few clothing pieces on sale for myself and the grandkids.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday we bought a new to us car-just a year old. Will pick it up later in the week.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information