User Tag List

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Luka Magnotta Dismemberment Case

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Posturing perhaps...look I can be soooo visble and no-one notices me?

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    In the day and age of smart phones though and tablets why did he not buy one of those and hide out somewhere with wifi?? LOL! He isn't coming off very bright right now by being caught in public on a computer...

It comes down to 1 of 3 things or a combination of them all. Either he was so cocky that he truly thought he was that brilliant he'd never be caught, or he could have "gotten off" on being publicly visible while being a sought after killer. Or he actually could have wanted to be caught. I personally think it's a bit of all three things but moreso leaning towards the last 2.

Killers usually kill and try to hide their crimes, whether they are serial killers killing out of rage or for the thrill or someone like Bernardo and Homolka that killed and dismembered to try and hide the evidence, the point is they don't flaunt it. Where Magnotta did a blatantly public act of mailing body parts to political offices knowing full well that it would not only be publicized and majorly so but also that it would put his face in the media. This isn't a man who accidently or intentionally killed someone and tried to cover it up, so why would he feel the need to hide when on the run?

He's definitely a Psychopath in the clinical definition but he's most definitely not stupid. If he was stupid he wouldn't have been able to kill someone and dismember them seemingly unnoticed, post the video online, leave Canada and make his way to 2 other countries all within the last week. Obnoxious, disgusting and arrogant? Yes. But stupid, certainly not.

From what I've read of him he's very much an attention whore and I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed before, but having not been linked to any murders, he took a more public approach to get his name out there. And if that's the case, it worked, because he has the attention of the International Media and communities. JMO
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
    AmberLab, Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Posturing perhaps...look I can be soooo visble and no-one notices me?
    Definitely not the sharpest crayon in the box. His narcissm made him drink his own kool-aid, I guess. Delusions of grandeur and infallibility/invincibility. Too bad he wasn't stopped in his kitty torturing/killing phase. Very sad for the family of his victim. He won't be seeing the light of day again, though.

And I really hope they torture the little freak by never again allowing him internet access either. Reading and seeing himself online seems to be his drug. Ans seeing that others are seeing him too, online. Deny him that. If asks for a computer, give him an abacus.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    and I really hope they torture the little freak by never again allowing him internet access either. Reading and seeing himself online seems to be his drug. Ans seeing that others are seeing him too, online. Deny him that. If asks for a computer, give him an abacus.
    There should be no worries here Dave. Prisoners in maximum secure prisons do not have internet access. Even those in our maximum secure hospital, who are labelled not criminally responsible, do not have internet access.

I would normally say that this guy will have a cell next to Bernardo and William, but since the government has slated to close the Kingston Penitentiary in the next 2 years who knows where these guys will end up.
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there are still many unanswered questions:
    how did lin and magnotta meet? how long they've been together?

jun lin went to campus -- a popular gay men's club in montreal on sept. 10, 2011. was magnotta in montreal around that time or soon after? could the two have met there?

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

It doesn't matter where they met, how they met, how long they may have been together, or what life-style they lived. All that matters is that one person, if we can call him that, brutally killed another person and there must be justice for what was done....although no justice will be just in this this type of case.
    anisa, TaraF, gourmetsue and 4 others like this.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychojo213 View Post
    It doesn't matter where they met, how they met, how long they may have been together
    it does matter. if the defense plays it from another angle, the first-degree murder charge could be downgraded to second-degree.
    kparker1786 likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If there are any ethics left in journalism, this would be the end of all media coverage of the killer. What he wants more than anything is "fame" - far worse than a dozen lifetimes in prison would be to be ignored and forgotten.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Even if he was guilty of some crime, he didn't deserve to die like that and have his corpse desecrated.

But being 33,gay or narcissitic are currently not crimes.
    I hope I never gave the impression that I thought he was involved in any criminal behaviour. No one deserves to die such a horrible death - although I suppose that would open up some debate for the "eye for an eye" camp.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    And I really hope they torture the little freak by never again allowing him internet access either. Reading and seeing himself online seems to be his drug. Ans seeing that others are seeing him too, online. Deny him that. If asks for a computer, give him an abacus.
    Oh Dave. You're so kind. I'd probably give him none of what he asked for and maybe an elastic band for entertainment. If he breaks it, no replacements. Should have thought about the consequences of his actions before he broke it....
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Have the other body parts been found? I read that 6 were sent in the mail (2 were found in Ottawa), and torso in a suitcase. I think I read somewhere that a neighbour saw him with a hockey bag? (for the legs and arms?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    If there are any ethics left in journalism, this would be the end of all media coverage of the killer.
    if all journalists followed the code of ethics, there would be no sensational stories, which would lead to less profit. i still remember a news program host once said depressingly on air:"there's no news today." she sounded as if she was going to lose her job the following day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

He's not fighting extradition - Mr. Magnotta has met with Canadian consular officials and now has been assigned a German lawyer, officials say.

Mr. Magnotta spent Monday night in a jail cell in Tempelhof, in western Berlin, deliberately choosing solitary confinement, German police said. Later on Tuesday he will be transferred to a pretrial detention jail near the courthouses in Moabit, in central Berlin.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4231229/

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Labatts threaten Montreal Gazette over Blue photo

Apparently, having an alleged sex killer and snuff film maker using your product is bad for a company’s image. But complaining about it just might be worse.
    Labatt Breweries has threatened legal action against the Montreal Gazette over a photo of Luka Magnotta, the man accused of murdering a Chinese engineering student, dismembering the body and mailing body parts to political parties. In the photo, Magnotta is seen holding a bottle of Labatt Blue.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information