User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Chocolate Bar Promo?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes please! Between this section and the brags, there must be about 15 threads all about chocolate...
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Can we please try to keep all the chocolate to one thread ~pretty please and thank you~
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm not worried about my points. If I lose them I will return al my bars, as I'm sure most people will. Shoppers would not be able to resell them as they are a consumable item. So they would lose a lot of money in returns, plus the headache of so many people returning.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They are not clawing back points. A shoppers rep has stated on FB that points earned will not be taken back. People losing points...I'm not sure why it happened, and if it did they should contact Shoppers. I wonder if maybe people who did more than 2 redemptions a day are the ones who say they've lost points.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Have anyone used the $1.00WUB2 coupon for Gadbury.Does it work for the promo?
    I also have some FT if anyone need some

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everybody has to understand that Shoppers knew exactly what they were doing on this promo. It is pretty much impossible for them to not understand their own point system and realize that they are giving back more points than it would cost to redeem. From a marketing point of view, it is genius for both Shoppers and Cadbury (Kraft). People everywhere are talking about this deal. People are hearing what is going on and are going online and going into shoppers to find more. People are now walking into shoppers looking for chocolate, finding bare shelves, and many of those people are probably grabbing a couple things while they are there. Secondly, Shoppers is pushing the RBC Optimum bank accounts and Mastercard. "Optimum points" are on everybody's minds and it would cost as much to run some TV ads than it would the money they are losing on this promo. Secondly, it is a joint marketing play with Kraft. I'm sure Kraft is eating some of the losses as a result of the points. Also, it is a great way for both Shoppers and Kraft to get rid of their inventory. Many of the chocolate bars expired within the next couple months. They don't have to worry about that now - Kraft can now provide new chocolate bars to shoppers with late 2013 expiry dates. Kraft may have had excess inventory and provided Shoppers with a discount on their next purchase in order to get rid of the excess. Another point - they obviously understood that this was a huge opportunity for customers to collect points. Whether 1 person bought 1000 chocolate bars, or 250 people purchased 4 chocolate bars each, those 1000 chocolate bars were going to get sold. The same number of bonus points were going to be given out on those 1000 bars regardless of who gets them. People are still running into shoppers across the city, trying to find bars and like i said before, many are buying things on their way out. I won't be surprised if going forward, stores limit the quantity. The website specifically says "we reserve the right to limit quantities". Now that the word is out, and everybody is out looking for chocolate bars, every store will be limiting to 6-8 bars total. Again, the plan is to get people in the store and have them leave with more stuff. Also, Halloween is coming up, Cadbury is on everybody's mind. Those who stocked up on bars are going to be passing them out for halloween, no different to a promotion where people stand on street corners and pass out samples of their product. Young kids are going to be getting these 100g bars of Cadbury, and Cadbury hopes they will like it and ask their parents to buy it for them in the future. Finally, everybody is waiting for Mega Redemption in December which is only a couple of months away, people will be saving their points for it. Shoppers is going to be insanely busy those days. Also, the past 2 years, the "Mega Redemption" flyer has mostly had sales on Shoppers store brand items only (life, quo, nativa, simply food), while name brand items have been at full price. Shoppers name brand items are marked up a good 20-40% higher than walmart or no frills. Shoppers store brand items are marked up a good 400 - 800%. They are not going to lose that much money when people redeem those points.

It is also increasing customer loyalty. We are all happy about this deal, we are all waiting eagerly for the flyer, we are all waiting to comb through all the specials. There is a Shoppers on pretty much every major intersection in the GTA and each one of them are swarming with people. The people at Shoppers are not as dumb as people think. There is also that 1 in 50 grand prize game that everybody is playing and giving their personal information for.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I spoke to my local store and they are getting in a big shipment on Wednesday so they said to look for the bars then. The cashier was like now I want to do one redemption so I will teach her how. They also said they are not going to limit the quantities.
    queenkathy likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Funny story....telling hubby about this promo at the dinner table and my son says "uh oh....this could be bad dad. Quick take away her points card."
    donnaG, lizamarie, pudi and 5 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    They also said they are not going to limit the quantities.
    Now that's what I want to hear! Looks like it's going to be a busy Sunday and Monday for me next week! (If I only I didn't have to take the bus to get to the various Shoppers around the city)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Funny story....telling hubby about this promo at the dinner table and my son says "uh oh....this could be bad dad. Quick take away her points card."
    LOL my family thinks I am crazy to my dh told everyone at work!!!!!
    queenkathy likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Now that's what I want to hear! Looks like it's going to be a busy Sunday and Monday for me next week! (If I only I didn't have to take the bus to get to the various Shoppers around the city)
    What city are you in?4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

London, ON....although I don't know if I should be saying that in case any other London SCers out there are planning their trips
    moon18 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They should limit quantities on promos like this, it is not like there have not been enough of them for SDM to know what will happen when they offer more points than the item is worth, especially on a bonus redemption.
    and brags are fine to be separate, just in here, there were so many threads asking what is the chocolate promo and now they are in one, it is so disjointed
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is a loss leader that brings in the points program and makes you pay upfront for rewards later. There's all the hype around the Optimum program. People will tell their friends to sign up for cards and then those friends will see how good the program is (and it is, even without Cadbury) and spend their money at Shoppers and now Shoppers has a new customer hooked. For all the doubters who think companies don't know what they're doing: Shoppers is still selling Cadbury on sale next week and has now added Ritz to the money maker deal and wouldn't have done this again if they didn't like it. It's probably some cost-sharing deal they struck with Kraft.

Stores will put out "loss leader" items to get people in. Remember free Resolve at No Frills? They offered it several times in several flyers and people kept speculating the deal would be pulled but instead No Frills/Superstore/Loblaws kept offering it for weeks. And people did the rest of their shopping there those weeks. They wouldn't keep doing it unless they had a plan (some kind of deal with the manufacturer?). And now people see how great Resolve is and will buy more in the future at the $2 sale at No Frills (I know I will and I never even knew the product existed). Win win for them.

I bet the sale prices at Shoppers for the rest of the year won't be great because they know people have racked up all these points so Shoppers is hoping to make its money back with people redeeming on products that have a huge markup. I will never forget the emergency Robax we needed to buy from Shoppers....cost $10 more than at Walmart. So if I redeem my $4 profit from buying 8 Cadbury bars...and redeem it on Robax when Robax is full price, Shoppers will still be ahead $6 and Kraft has likely softened the blow for them and distributed lots of free samples to people ahead of the chocolate heavy xmas season. Of course, this will be skewed if you redeemed to get the chocolate in the first place but I haven't done the math

It might be better to not save your points for a mega redemption and use them instead when there's a good flyer and stuff you want is on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by The__Rock View Post
    Everybody has to understand that Shoppers knew exactly what they were doing on this promo. It is pretty much impossible for them to not understand their own point system and realize that they are giving back more points than it would cost to redeem. From a marketing point of view, it is genius for both Shoppers and Cadbury (Kraft). People everywhere are talking about this deal. People are hearing what is going on and are going online and going into shoppers to find more. People are now walking into shoppers looking for chocolate, finding bare shelves, and many of those people are probably grabbing a couple things while they are there. Secondly, Shoppers is pushing the RBC Optimum bank accounts and Mastercard. "Optimum points" are on everybody's minds and it would cost as much to run some TV ads than it would the money they are losing on this promo. Secondly, it is a joint marketing play with Kraft. I'm sure Kraft is eating some of the losses as a result of the points. Also, it is a great way for both Shoppers and Kraft to get rid of their inventory. Many of the chocolate bars expired within the next couple months. They don't have to worry about that now - Kraft can now provide new chocolate bars to shoppers with late 2013 expiry dates. Kraft may have had excess inventory and provided Shoppers with a discount on their next purchase in order to get rid of the excess. Another point - they obviously understood that this was a huge opportunity for customers to collect points. Whether 1 person bought 1000 chocolate bars, or 250 people purchased 4 chocolate bars each, those 1000 chocolate bars were going to get sold. The same number of bonus points were going to be given out on those 1000 bars regardless of who gets them. People are still running into shoppers across the city, trying to find bars and like i said before, many are buying things on their way out. I won't be surprised if going forward, stores limit the quantity. The website specifically says "we reserve the right to limit quantities". Now that the word is out, and everybody is out looking for chocolate bars, every store will be limiting to 6-8 bars total. Again, the plan is to get people in the store and have them leave with more stuff. Also, Halloween is coming up, Cadbury is on everybody's mind. Those who stocked up on bars are going to be passing them out for halloween, no different to a promotion where people stand on street corners and pass out samples of their product. Young kids are going to be getting these 100g bars of Cadbury, and Cadbury hopes they will like it and ask their parents to buy it for them in the future. Finally, everybody is waiting for Mega Redemption in December which is only a couple of months away, people will be saving their points for it. Shoppers is going to be insanely busy those days. Also, the past 2 years, the "Mega Redemption" flyer has mostly had sales on Shoppers store brand items only (life, quo, nativa, simply food), while name brand items have been at full price. Shoppers name brand items are marked up a good 20-40% higher than walmart or no frills. Shoppers store brand items are marked up a good 400 - 800%. They are not going to lose that much money when people redeem those points.

It is also increasing customer loyalty. We are all happy about this deal, we are all waiting eagerly for the flyer, we are all waiting to comb through all the specials. There is a Shoppers on pretty much every major intersection in the GTA and each one of them are swarming with people. The people at Shoppers are not as dumb as people think. There is also that 1 in 50 grand prize game that everybody is playing and giving their personal information for.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

I was to my local Shoppers this morning to check it all out.
    I was able to get 44 bars for $88-$3 WUB2 Cadbury coupons= $85, used 50000 points for $85 redemption.
    88000 points was added instantly.
    I did this twice but for 4 packs of Trident with the second round.

I gained 76000 points for free.

I was able to pay the taxes with SDM cards I got with Lean Cuisine PINS.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

they wont take points away.. someone on facebook posted... they got 500 chocolate bars in total with many transactions... and asked if his/her points will be removed and shoppers commented not to worry they wont be taken back!

also a few other ppl asked as well.. that there is a rumour as to the points will be removed.. and shopperd replied a few times and said not to worry.. they wont be taken back!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information