User Tag List

Page 966 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 466 866 916 956 964 965 966 967 968 976 1016 1066 1466 1966 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 38271
Like Tree169182Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Free starbucks??? birthday freebie or did I miss something today

I'm pretty sure for Earth day there is free coffee for bringing a mug (at least I hope so because I need me some starbucks in the am after working late all weekend and working early monday morning...lack of sleep will make coffee essential that day.
    Nope. You didn't miss anything. I am a gold member(not like in Austin Powers ) so I got my free drink after I purchase 12
    . I only purchase the Tall and get the Venti for my freebie

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last night was lazy lasagna with a salad and I made these edamame beans off pinterest http://gastromony.com/crispy-parmesa...ame-soy-beans/ I let mine get a bit "burnt" cause I like the flavor. They were so freakin' good Next time I'll half the salt for my taste.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

tried to ignore the rotten cold symptoms I've been blessed with this weekend and jump into the cooking this a.m.
    too bad all I got done were some breaded pork loin centre chops and chix thighs.
    I do not think it is unreasonable to have DS and DH do up their own veg....these are for their lunches this week, not mine.
    ( grumpy cook is sick)

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight is Baked Glazed Ham ( left overs will be used for lunches) Mashed potatoes and roasted Cauliflower.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got chicken thighs on sale, so i'm doing chicken adobo and curry chicken thighs.
    thriftygranny and KelJo like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

had my sushi fix for lunch..lol..and for supper bbqing prime rib, potato for dh, salad for me and probably just some corn or something to go with it (oh, and mushrooms too)
    Natalka, harbie, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Anybody know a good way to do frozen veggies? I bought a big bag of mixed veg at Costco recently, includes cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and peppers. I can easily cook fresh veg in the microwave, no water added, works fine. These frozen ones come out squishy, almost like they're full of absorbed water. Tonight I tried microwaving a bit to defrost, then put in the oven with a spritz of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, that was a bit better. But still far from perfect. Anyone have a tried and true method? I <3 the big bags of fresh broccoli from Costco, but they go bad before my family of three can eat it all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Zonny,

Would your family eat the veggies if they were in a shepherd's pie? Or how about a seafood or chicken pot pie?

I buy a lot of fresh produce from Costco, but I never cared for the bagged fresh broccoli florets for some reason...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Many people just have a cold lunch so I think they will be grateful you prepared the main course of lunch for them-hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    tried to ignore the rotten cold symptoms I've been blessed with this weekend and jump into the cooking this a.m.
    too bad all I got done were some breaded pork loin centre chops and chix thighs.
    I do not think it is unreasonable to have DS and DH do up their own veg....these are for their lunches this week, not mine.
    ( grumpy cook is sick)
    SassyAshley likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Dinner tonight is prime rib with potato and veggies as it is hubby's birthday. I think DD is going to whip up some brownies for dessert.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

M&C, sausage, boiled veggies, molasses brown beans with a glass of milk
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Zonny, we get the other big bag with the brocolli and mini corn etc. and we steam them. they come out so crisp and perfect.
    harbie and Zonny like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  20130421_201706.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  61.7 KB
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Yummy! Did you make the Singapore noodles? If so, want to share the recipe?! I get this as take out whenever I can. lol
    Sorry janetta, didn't see your request until now. Yes, I make these from scratch. I actually don't go to restaurants too often, unless I know I can't make it myself.

I don't really follow a particular recipe but I can give you some general guidelines:

Ingredients list:

onion, carrots, celery, green onion, red and green pepper} julienned

bean sprouts} picked over and washed well

shee-ta-ke* mushrooms soaked in hot water and then squeezed out and julienned - I save about 1/2 cup of the soaking liquid to moisten the noodles with as I am cooking
    *can't believe I can't write the word without being censored, I wasn't swearing, honest!

chinese bbq'd pork, julienned. I make this myself using boneless porkchops and bottled char sui sauce (bought at Superstore in the ethnic aisle)

shrimp, peeled and deveined

a couple of eggs mixed with a splash of water and then cooked in a frying pan like an omelette - julienne the cooled omelette

one package vermicelli rice noodles soaked in warm water for about 1/2 hour

Seems like a lot of work, but it comes together really quickly once you start cooking. You may want to make this in two batches if your pan isn't big because it can get really unwieldy once all the ingredients are added.

Start with a hot wok or large non stick pan. Add a generous splash of oil and add the onions, carrots and celery. Stir fry for a couple of minutes, then add the peppers, fry for another minute or so. Make well in center and add the shrimp, fry for another minute, then add the green onions, bbq'd pork, mushrooms and bean sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and curry powder to taste. Add a fresh Thai chili if you like it really spicy - I live with wimps. Now drain the noodles and add them to the pan. To the reserved mushroom water, I add a bit of chicken bouillion powder and then sprinkle this onto the noodles to moisten them, don't add too much or it will get mushy. Add a splash or two of soy sauce and sesame oil. That's it.
    Last edited by marstec; Sun, Apr 21st, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have a very hurt back, so Taco Time cooked our supper last night - yay for $1 tacos!

Tonight will be chicken - but what the meal will be will depend upon whether I am moveable enough to do it, or if someone else does... will have to wait til late afternoon to see.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Apr 22nd, 2013 at 05:00 AM.
    harbie, muggos0101 and KelJo like this.

Thread Information