User Tag List

Page 995 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 495 895 945 985 993 994 995 996 997 1005 1045 1095 1495 1995 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,925 of 38252
Like Tree169122Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This weekend was not our best for home cooking. Saturday we were out running around and Mom's friend called and asked if we could meet her at Swiss Chalet when she got off work so Saturday night Swiss Chalet Appetizer night - perogies, garlic cheese loaf, spring rolls, poutine and a chicken Cesar Salad split between the 3 of us.

Last night was supposed to be BBQ pork over mashed potatoes but that is now in the freezer (well the pork is, the potatoes were never made) and instead we ordered pizza. We pulled apart our living and have started to clean it so we wanted something quick and easy, plus it took me 10 minutes to clear a path to the front door as we had piled all the garbage up there and has not taken it out yet. Spring cleaning has officially started.

Tonight? Who knows, mom is working on the living room again today, I am working so we will see. If worse comes to worse there are some grill'em in the fridge we can make.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

This weekend was a write-off too for me re: cooking ! LOL (lets not talk about Saturday, uhmmm it left me with a huge headache sunday morning...lol) and yesterday I just had sushi. Nat, your sarma looks yummy..coincidentally I am making cabbage rolls today but with tomato sauce, etc. I hope they turn out okay!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight we are having chicken stir-fry! Last night we had BBQ chicken (made extra for tonight's dinner) Fresh green beans (thank you FOOD BASICS $1 LB sale) the side was left over pasta with fresh tomatoes, basil, onion and garlic with garlic bread. Was so good! Tomorrow night is roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and corn

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

garlic sausage, potatoes and fresh steamed veggies.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

This weekend we ate out of the freezer. Sat was turkey, dressing and gravy with turnip.
    Last night was leftover pizza. Not sure what tonight will be.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

Last night was my moms spaghetti and meatball reciepe. I always follow it to a tee but she must have left some ingredient or something off 'cause I can never get it to taste the exact same.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight's Dinner will be steak, some type of potato (probably roasted or wedges) with Candied Acorn Squash and Roasted Cauliflower with Parm.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I made sarma for supper yesterday, and we'll have the leftovers today - I'll make either potatoes or macaroni to go with it.

It's an Eastern European dish - and I guess you could say we make a 'deconstructed' version, because traditionally the mixture is put into sour cabbage leaves, rolled, then cooked. It's expensive to buy heads of sour cabbage, so instead we just make the meat mixture rolls, then add 1/2 jar of sauerkraut to the broth when it's cooking. It's a mixture of ground pork and beef, you add minced onion, garlic, some rice - boil in a big pot, adding the kraut and a can of tomato paste; it cooks about an hour and a half.

It's heavenly, wonderful comfort food. Usually my husband makes it, but now I can make it pretty much like him!

What it looks like when wrapped.... so mine just looks like the middles! (not my pic)

OH! I was gonna do lazy cabbage rolls for tonight... I think i might twist it up a bit and incorporate this... still be lazy, hheehehh! oh my! i'm excited now! thanks
    Natalka and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last nights 2 day rib dinner with tater salad

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sunday found me in that cooking mood finally, so did up the easiest things for the weeks lunches and dinners

A massive Shepherd's Pie, 30 skin/bone ( less) chix thighs GF breadcrumbed and baked, baked squash, sweet potatoes, GF battered cod and alaskan pollock fillets, and at the last minute added some cinnamon and powdered stevia to the left over batter and did some apple fritters. ( Mmm)
    Lots of steamed green beans ( ty Food Basics sale), and carrots, sauteed up a discounted T-bone steak smothered in mushrooms/onions. Steamed 5 corn on the cob just for DS as he had a hankering for it.
    ( first cobs in this house for over a year! lol, I am fighting the whole GM thing so no corn ever)
    1 huge green cabbage and 6 large carrots shredded for our coleslaw, we add the dressing to our servings as we need later.
    Boiled up 15 eggs, made some yummo egg salad for sammies!

That was it. lol
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    That was it. lol
    Come on! you are totally slacking off lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks harbie, now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard! Love bbq ribs...

It was such a cold day today...chili hit the spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, harbie and KelJo like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Thanks harbie, now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard! Love bbq ribs...

It was such a cold day today...chili hit the spot.
    I made chili overnight in my crockpot last night.
    Natalka, harbie, marstec and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

my cabbage rolls turned out so good! I have chicken breast taken out today--not sure what I will make out of them yet, but I have a lot of fresh veggies in the fridge so maybe just a great chicken stir-fry
    harbie, marstec and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight we are having slow cooker beer, fresh green beans, mashed potatoes and corn

Thread Information