User Tag List

Page 945 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 445 845 895 935 943 944 945 946 947 955 995 1045 1445 1945 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Made a pot of beef stew for my cold. As close as I come to chicken soup since I do not eat soup (except apparently last night when I ate a cup of soup , I must really be sick because I do not like soup).

This will also be used for hot lunches for the week, I try to avoid leftovers for lunch to keep things lighter, two dinners a day is not good for the waist line. But being sick I really want that something warm and comforting.

Also cooked down a can of alymer accents which I will use as the sauce on Pita Pizzas and a topping for a fake chicken parm later in the week.

I wanted to make so many other things but I am already crashing out with this cold but I am happy have enough food to cover me until mom comes home and my goal was no take out well she away.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

No idea what is for supper, that's why I checked here.

We went out for a Sunday brunch buffet this morning.

Last night we had fish sticks with hash browns and steamed veggies.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ashley, I hope you get better soon! I am not impressed that I have a bit of a tummy bug; hope it goes away soon!

I AM making homemade chicken soup - smells amazing already.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Something is going around cause my DH is sick too. So just soup for him tonight.
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I made a beef roast, carrots and mini potatoes in the crockpot!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So my scalloped potatoes were a huge fail. I don't buy regular milk since I never use it up before it goes bad so I buy cans of carnation milk to put in my tea or coffee...Well mom told me it was fine to use...It curdled and went rank. I only opened this can maybe Tuesday and had it in tea this morning and it tasted completely fine! I have no idea what happened I thought at first it just looked dried and nasty because it doesn't have the same amount of water content, so I tried it anyway. Bad idea...I had to toss the whole casserole dish I made of it because it tasted horrible! Needless to say I think that has killed me making scalloped potatoes for a long time. Can't get rid of the taste ugh! Any ideas why it went this way?? I'm usually such a good cook...and I hate wasting food.

I ended up slicing up a potato thin and baking it with melted cheese for supper since I was annoyed and not really hungry after scooping out and throwing away the vomit smelling and looking failed dish. Doesn't help that I already wasn't feeling the greatest either ugh!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Fish sticks with a bechamel sauce with capers added to it, steamed buttered herb rice, and a green salad with lemony mustard dressing.
    Crochetlady and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    So my scalloped potatoes were a huge fail. I don't buy regular milk since I never use it up before it goes bad so I buy cans of carnation milk to put in my tea or coffee...Well mom told me it was fine to use...It curdled and went rank. I only opened this can maybe Tuesday and had it in tea this morning and it tasted completely fine! I have no idea what happened I thought at first it just looked dried and nasty because it doesn't have the same amount of water content, so I tried it anyway. Bad idea...I had to toss the whole casserole dish I made of it because it tasted horrible! Needless to say I think that has killed me making scalloped potatoes for a long time. Can't get rid of the taste ugh! Any ideas why it went this way?? I'm usually such a good cook...and I hate wasting food.

I ended up slicing up a potato thin and baking it with melted cheese for supper since I was annoyed and not really hungry after scooping out and throwing away the vomit smelling and looking failed dish. Doesn't help that I already wasn't feeling the greatest either ugh!
    Did you add an equal amount of water to the canned milk?
    However, that wouldn't have solved the problem if the milk were 'bad', though.

----

For supper, we'll have leftover chicken soup - and I'll make stew with the meat, and we'll have it with smashed potatoes.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

last night was spaghetti and meatballs, caesar salad, homemade bread.

i'm thawing some pork loin (i think?) i forgot to label it. woops! hopefully it's a pork tenderloin and i'll marinate it in some teryaki sauce and bbq it, baked potatoe and some broccoli.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We`re having company tonight so it`s scalloped potatoes, ham, a salad, some kind of veg and chocolate cake and peaches for dessert.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Sorry your potatoes didn't turn out. It is so disappointing when you work hard to make something, look forward to it and then it fails. I have had that happen more than once. My guess too would be that the milk was bad or just turning and once the heat hit it, it was done. I use Carnation lots when baking & cooking and have had no issues so far. Better luck next time!

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post

gracesmommy likes this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I put a shoulder pork roast in the slow cooker this morning and will have pulled pork.

Foodland had them on sale this weekend so I p/u a couple. They were huge for i.e. $6-$7.00! I like to line the bottom of my slow cooker with a couple of sweet onions and then I put in the roast, season with S&P and then pour 1 cup (or more depending on the size) of Diana Regular BBQ sauce all over the roast to coat. I have experimented with a lot of different sauces and the Diana Regular is hands down the best so far. Then towards the 7-8 hr cooking mark, I take out the roast, remove and discard all the onions, etc..trim the rind, all fat, bones, etc..shred the meat with a couple of forks and put in back in the "juice" for about an hour or so to let the meat absorb some of the flavour..and then eat or if feeding a crowd or party etc, just put on warm. A roast of this size is a lot for 2 so I will freeze in containers for quick lunches or another meal(s). If freezing don't forget to add a little of the juice to keep it from drying out.
    Last edited by KelJo; Mon, Mar 25th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

tonight is salsa chicken and cheesy baked tater slices and maybe a salad

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    I put a shoulder pork roast in the slow cooker this morning and will have pulled pork.

Foodland had them on sale this weekend so I p/u a couple. They were huge for i.e. $6-$7.00! I like to line the bottom of my slow cooker with a couple of sweet onions and then I put in the roast, season with S&P and then pour 1 cup (or more depending on the size) of Diana Regular BBQ sauce all over the roast to coat. I have experimented with a lot of different sauces and the Diana Regular is hands down the best so far. Then towards the 7-8 hr cooking mark, I take out the roast, remove and discard all the onions, etc..trim the rind, all fat, bones, etc..shred the meat with a couple of forks and put in back in the "juice" for about an hour or so to let the meat absorb some of the flavour..and then eat or if feeding a crowd or party etc, just put on warm. A roast of this size is a lot for 2 so I will freeze in containers for quick lunches or another meal(s). If freezing don't forget to add a little of the juice to keep it from drying out.
    what else can you do with a smoked pork shoulder? I also bought one on the weekend. I have cooked in the oven before then shred it for sandwiches - add BBQ sauce to it too. Also did pork burritos with all the fixings like mucho burritos - my favorite so far.
    I'm looking for new ways to cook the darn thing any ideas?
    wolfwoman likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kfc
    Angela273 likes this.

Thread Information