User Tag List

Page 947 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 447 847 897 937 945 946 947 948 949 957 997 1047 1447 1947 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

shrimp teriyaki stirfry and some veggie chow mein. going to make it all with lots of veggies.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I am having a similar dinner as Natalka..I put a beef roast in the slow cooker this morning (its a slow cooker week!) and will have i.e. mashed potatoes, I p/u a bag of heirloom carrots on the weekend so will try them (they are all different colors, orange, purple, yellow, green??) stuffing, gravy. etc. And then its put on the brakes for a couple of days and have some lighter eating as I have a big weekend coming up with family get togethers for Easter. A fish fry on friday, ham dinner on saturday and turkey dinner on sunday! (and I am doing none of the cooking, just bringing fresh fish for the fry, appys for saturday and a dessert for sunday)
    Last edited by KelJo; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I really like their Big Crunch sandwich although I haven't had one in a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by hardman View Post
    Kfc
    wolfwoman likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Right now, it looks like it going to be some form of take out. I am feeling a bit better today but I am at our one of our retail outlets so the drive home is going to be longer and it also means I am on feet almost all day so as much as I do not want take out thinking it may be the only option depending on how I feel come the end of the day.
    thriftygranny, wolfwoman and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Most of our local KFC closed down and it was really weird, there one day gone the next. Literally up and running no notices nothing, the next day all the windows were papered up still no notices, a lot thought they were close for renovations or something but within a few days all of their signs were taken off the building and they were just gone. I hear we are not the only town where this happened. Funny thing is every location I know of where this happened is now a Chinese Take Out Place.

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    I really like their Big Crunch sandwich although I haven't had one in a long time..
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Cajun Chicken drumsticks with pasta salad.
    Yesterday was DELISH ! polpette (or similar too cause i was missing some ingredients) over rice and DH had some leftover fetuccini with that . AND it was a success with DD .. MIRACLE !!!!

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

It is weird I agree...At least 3 that I know of within an hour radius has closed down in my areas as well--

Quick funny story-about 2+ years ago I stopped at a KFC for a bucket of chicken for a picnic that I was going to--there was a cashier and looked like one cook, there was no one in the store and it wasn't busy..so I ordered a bucket of chicken, the girl punched it in, the cook came to the window screaming " No Chicken! No Chicken! If you want chicken you have to wait at least one hour for it to cook!!"(?!?!) and went on and on (almost as bad as the Seinfeld soup episode) I just looked at the cook, the cashier was mortified and didn't know what to say or do, etc..I said "See ya" ...and just went somewhere else ..etc. But I did write KFC's head office that night and told them about the service or lack of..and they wrote back very apologetic and within a couple of weeks I received a bunch of coupons, there was a couple of vouchers for 15 piece complete meals and I think there was a couple+ vouchers for free dinners or sandwich combos ( I realize everyone has bad days , etc but this was the worse customer service ever, I don't know what was wrong with the cook--I just wanted a bucket of chicken ha ha ha)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Most of our local KFC closed down and it was really weird, there one day gone the next. Literally up and running no notices nothing, the next day all the windows were papered up still no notices, a lot thought they were close for renovations or something but within a few days all of their signs were taken off the building and they were just gone. I hear we are not the only town where this happened. Funny thing is every location I know of where this happened is now a Chinese Take Out Place.
    thriftygranny and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our KFC was nitorious for having no Chicken. One night my mom went in to pick up KFC at like 5:30 on a Thursday night. She was told they were out of chicken and they would not be making anymore because it wouldn't be ready until around 7 and they were hoping to close early. That was the worst time I had seen but on many occasions I heard of people being told they were out of chicken so you could order strips, popcorn or a sandwich but no meals with pieces of chicken. To be honest wasn't sad to see them go, most of the time KFC makes me feel sick, I cannot handle the grease so we only ate it once in a blue moon when I gave it. Now that we have to drive 30 minutes to get it so it never really get mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    It is weird I agree...At least 3 that I know of within an hour radius has closed down in my areas as well--

Quick funny story-about 2+ years ago I stopped at a KFC for a bucket of chicken for a picnic that I was going to--there was a cashier and looked like one cook, there was no one in the store and it wasn't busy..so I ordered a bucket of chicken, the girl punched it in, the cook came to the window screaming " No Chicken! No Chicken! If you want chicken you have to wait at least one hour for it to cook!!"(?!?!) and went on and on (almost as bad as the Seinfeld soup episode) I just looked at the cook, the cashier was mortified and didn't know what to say or do, etc..I said "See ya" ...and just went somewhere else ..etc. But I did write KFC's head office that night and told them about the service or lack of..and they wrote back very apologetic and within a couple of weeks I received a bunch of coupons, there was a couple of vouchers for 15 piece complete meals and I think there was a couple+ vouchers for free dinners or sandwich combos ( I realize everyone has bad days , etc but this was the worse customer service ever, I don't know what was wrong with the cook--I just wanted a bucket of chicken ha ha ha)
    KelJo likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Working on supper which will be an old cheese stuffed potato with a salmon fillet and some mixed veggies...Just waiting on the potato to cool so I can scoop out the insides and add the cheese.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

made veggie burger for myself, baked potato casserole, and (not pictured) pork roast sandwiches for the carnivores

Name:  DSCF1440.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  52.9 KB
    Name:  DSCF1444.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  64.6 KB
    anisa, Natalka, Jody22002 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Here is a pic of the Heirloom Carrots (red, yellow & purple)-- some of you might have these all the time but its new to me and this is the coolest thing I have seen with food in awhile..lol..Does anyone know if these are genetically modified?? or just something "new?? I got a great kick out of cooking them, it looked like a fruit salad when they were cooked although some of the purple transferred to the yellow. They tasted okay but maybe not as sweet as a regular orange carrot (I hope the pic uploads okay and is not huge)
    Attachment 169959

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cool carrots! I've only had the yellow ones.

No, they aren't GMO - just old varieties - the word heirloom means they have been around a very long time, and are usually distinct from those usually available commercially.

wow, there's a carrot museum online!

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/carrotcolours.html
    KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Supper tonight will be baked salmon pieces, roasted potatoes, and salad.
    xox2010, wolfwoman and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Cool carrots! I've only had the yellow ones.

No, they aren't GMO - just old varieties - the word heirloom means they have been around a very long time, and are usually distinct from those usually available commercially.

wow, there's a carrot museum online!

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/carrotcolours.html

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I have a lot of leftovers from yesterday so DH will be only too happy to have that and I will just have something "light", not sure what that will be yet..lol..I am happy I am not "cooking" today!

Thread Information