User Tag List

Page 944 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 444 844 894 934 942 943 944 945 946 954 994 1044 1444 1944 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight, leftover chili for me and my husband, and I'll make some pasta to go with it. Soup for my son, I think.
    thriftygranny, wolfwoman and KelJo like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Pizza here too tonight! Finally have a bit of an appetite!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Tonight bow tie pasta with spicy sauce with italian sausage.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Potato soup! My recipe was based on one from Crockin' Girls, but I don't add cream and such. Just scrub and cut up your potatoes (leave on skins if you want), enough to fill your crockpot from 1/2 to 3/4 full. Put them in the slow cooker with some onions, garlic and pour in enough chicken broth to cover them. Cook it all day until the potatoes are tender, mash 'em up and add milk, shredded cheese and a bit of cream cheese (herb and garlic is tasty in this). An immersion or stick blender works well to smooth it all, let it cook a bit longer to melt everything. Sprinkle on a bit of bacon if that's what floats your boat. The next day it thickens up quite a bit and you need to add more milk or other liquid.

That's my plan for Monday. Tonight it's cheeseburgers (at DS's request) with onions, mushrooms, peppers and bacon. Potatoes we're still undecided, maybe diced and sprinkled with some olive oil and spices and baked, maybe just baked or mashed.

ohhh totally forgot about soup! I eat a lot of starch and potatoes so a 10lb bag isn't a problem for me. It's more finding sides to go with it since meat is expensive and I'm not much of a fan anyway. I have two bags of fries in the freezer so don't want to do anymore french fry type things. I'm thinking of doing maybe an au gratin or something like that too or a cheesy potato bake. Something that can be the main dish and then do veggies on the side. I have a casserole dish that never gets enough attention since I use my crockpot a lot so tomorrow I am going to do some casserole stuff for the week, going home for Easter weekend so maybe the weekend after that do something else like soup maybe.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tonight is going to be leftover stuffed potatoes with perogies and mixed veggies. I have to work tonight so trying to eat a huge supper so I won't be tempted to buy food.
    thriftygranny, wolfwoman and KelJo like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I <3 my crockpot, so easy to just toss things in and come home to supper! I've read that you can do baked potatoes in the crockpot, wrap them in foil and leave them in there, but have not tried. Would save time during the week when we're at work. We've become fans of potatoes with a bunch of slits in them, sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt/pepper (and cheese in the slits if that's what you like. The recipe I found was called hasselback potatoes I think). I often microwave them a bit first to speed things up, this would work too, just put them in the oven for a bit after with the olive oil to crisp them up.

Anyone have crockpot recipes to share?

I just took my onions/mushrooms/peppers out of the oven, easiest way to cook them. Lay them on a cookie sheet on parchment paper, spray with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with some salt (I'm not a huge salt person, but apparently the salt is an important step, especially with the onions). Cook 'em slow! Mushrooms ooze a lot of water in the beginning, I keep them separated on the pan.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sat, Mar 23rd, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

besides my salad i had to make something for the so hes off early on sat i forgot so made a squash bake, well its in the oven rigth now

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Tonight is Fiesta in a pan. Hamb,red pepper,green onion,salsa,elbow Mac,corn and Habenero cheese.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Tonight is Fiesta in a pan. Hamb,red pepper,green onion,salsa,elbow Mac,corn and Habenero cheese.

that sounds delish maybe a plan for tomorrow night here
    thriftygranny and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Pizza (& Beer!!) ..lol..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this morning i had a FREE coffee from mc'ds

and did an old fashion donut from timmy's

will do a big mac combo using my $4.99 coupon at mc'ds for lunch

this is not my normal routine, im working this weekend.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Started the cooking around 5:30 a.m. Got a large beef stew made, but added chopped kale to it at the end for a switch up in flavour, a dozen medium sized GF breaded pork loin chops, 10 GF breaded skinless, boneless chix thighs, cut up and roasted 6 large red peppers with hunks of sweet onion, rapini and coated it all with coconut oil mixed with Mrs dash type spices and garlic powder. Steamed 2 lbs carrots and bunch of broccoli as our veg to have on hand. Chopped and prepped rapini and cauliflower for DD mixture or stirfry ( ??) that she wants to make. I think the recipe uses crumbled cooked bacon but..... SOL dearie! It might seem odd that I will be mainly eating up my veggie soup first till it is all gone ( maybe by Tuesday), but that is just me trying to stay on the weighht loss regimen. ( hope the gang saves me some other stuff! lol )
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Steamed mussels, ceasar salad and lots of fresh, hot crusty bread to soak up the broth

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

wow--cooking marathon...all sounds yummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Started the cooking around 5:30 a.m. Got a large beef stew made, but added chopped kale to it at the end for a switch up in flavour, a dozen medium sized GF breaded pork loin chops, 10 GF breaded skinless, boneless chix thighs, cut up and roasted 6 large red peppers with hunks of sweet onion, rapini and coated it all with coconut oil mixed with Mrs dash type spices and garlic powder. Steamed 2 lbs carrots and bunch of broccoli as our veg to have on hand. Chopped and prepped rapini and cauliflower for DD mixture or stirfry ( ??) that she wants to make. I think the recipe uses crumbled cooked bacon but..... SOL dearie! It might seem odd that I will be mainly eating up my veggie soup first till it is all gone ( maybe by Tuesday), but that is just me trying to stay on the weighht loss regimen. ( hope the gang saves me some other stuff! lol )
    Angela273, walkonby and wolfwoman like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Made a pot of beef stew for my cold. As close as I come to chicken soup since I do not eat soup (except apparently last night when I ate a cup of soup , I must really be sick because I do not like soup).

This will also be used for hot lunches for the week, I try to avoid leftovers for lunch to keep things lighter, two dinners a day is not good for the waist line. But being sick I really want that something warm and comforting.

Also cooked down a can of alymer accents which I will use as the sauce on Pita Pizzas and a topping for a fake chicken parm later in the week.

I wanted to make so many other things but I am already crashing out with this cold but I am happy have enough food to cover me until mom comes home and my goal was no take out well she away.

Thread Information