User Tag List

Page 109 of 654 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Tried that! That's what he uses now, but he seems to have mastered the art now :| The ONLY two solutions that I have come up with but haven't done (due to cost, though I am thinking I may "make my own" of the second option) are automatic litter pans (run from about $80-$200; I assume the lower the cost, the poorer they work) and top-entry litter boxes (generally around $50-100). I am thinking I could probably get one of the big Rubbermaid bins with a lid, and cut a hole out of the lid for him to enter/exit. I know these can be as cheap as $5, but it's just frustrating how much money I have had to spend to try to solve every frustrating challenge he has given me. The problem I just got over with him was him dumping his water all over the floor. I had to spend $60 on a fountain that holds enough water to make it too heavy for him to push/pull/tip over. As soon as I get over one obstacle with him, he comes up with something else It's been almost a year since I got him, and I don't know how much more of him I can take, unfortunately.
    How old is he,and what breed?Younger cats can get bored easily and end up in all sorts of mischief amusing themselves.Try leaving a couple walnuts on the kitchen floor,and see if that distracts him from the litter box for a while
    Natalka and macw1960 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    How old is he,and what breed?Younger cats can get bored easily and end up in all sorts of mischief amusing themselves.Try leaving a couple walnuts on the kitchen floor,and see if that distracts him from the litter box for a while
    He is a domestic medium-hair and will be 1 in about two weeks, so he's still young, but I was hoping by now he'd be growing out of these kitten behaviours! I switched him into a Rubbermaid 68 L bin, thinking that I would cut a hole out of the lid for top-entry. Turns out, with the lid on it he's too tall to move around inside. The good news though, is that he's not really long enough to have his feet on the floor and front paws in the bin to scoop his "toys" out. I'm not going to get all excited and think I'm in the clear now, but I think we may be good
    macw1960 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Try the Rubbermaid bin route. Don't give up on him, too many animals are homeless because they maybe a little challenging.
    I finally found slipcovers for my couch and chair that don't cost a fortune. I have have them on 1night and already they are getting all snagged up because of the dogs nails. I think I need slipcovers for my slipcovers!!
    Tried that! That's what he uses now, but he seems to have mastered the art now :| The ONLY two solutions that I have come up with but haven't done (due to cost, though I am thinking I may "make my own" of the second option) are automatic litter pans (run from about $80-$200; I assume the lower the cost, the poorer they work) and top-entry litter boxes (generally around $50-100). I am thinking I could probably get one of the big Rubbermaid bins with a lid, and cut a hole out of the lid for him to enter/exit. I know these can be as cheap as $5, but it's just frustrating how much money I have had to spend to try to solve every frustrating challenge he has given me. The problem I just got over with him was him dumping his water all over the floor. I had to spend $60 on a fountain that holds enough water to make it too heavy for him to push/pull/tip over. As soon as I get over one obstacle with him, he comes up with something else It's been almost a year since I got him, and I don't know how much more of him I can take, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    sounds alot like my TODDLER to be honest! I know nothing about cats, but maybe he's having his "terrible twos"!?! hang in there mama!!
    They do go through terrible twos, Roo is an obnoxious brat at the moment too

Some things about litter boxes
    - most cats prefer them in a quiet area
    - some cats are very fussy about depth of the box and depth of the litter
    - some cats will not use domes/covered boxes and I know a few people who donated their automatic boxes to shelters
    - many wont use the same box for #1 and #2 so you may need a second box somewhere?

With Roo, he doesn't like the litter to be deep, he likes to dig right to the plastic but Quincy needs a few inches in there or he will dump the box (seriously, whole freaking boxes of litter on the floor). We use large rubbermaid containers which also cut down on them scattering litter when kicking off their paws. Izzy however hates the large box and has a smaller one in another room, she is still smaller and she doesn't like being that enclosed (there is no top on ours but it has high sides and she looks around)
    macw1960, i_forget and wolfwoman like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

He is a domestic medium-hair and will be 1 in about two weeks, so he's still young, but I was hoping by now he'd be growing out of these kitten behaviours! I switched him into a Rubbermaid 68 L bin, thinking that I would cut a hole out of the lid for top-entry. Turns out, with the lid on it he's too tall to move around inside. The good news though, is that he's not really long enough to have his feet on the floor and front paws in the bin to scoop his "toys" out. I'm not going to get all excited and think I'm in the clear now, but I think we may be good
    just be glad he doesn't leave them as "presents" on your pillow like my friends cat does
    macw1960, i_forget and wolfwoman like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They do go through terrible twos, Roo is an obnoxious brat at the moment too

Some things about litter boxes
    - most cats prefer them in a quiet area
    - some cats are very fussy about depth of the box and depth of the litter
    - some cats will not use domes/covered boxes and I know a few people who donated their automatic boxes to shelters
    - many wont use the same box for #1 and #2 so you may need a second box somewhere?

With Roo, he doesn't like the litter to be deep, he likes to dig right to the plastic but Quincy needs a few inches in there or he will dump the box (seriously, whole freaking boxes of litter on the floor). We use large rubbermaid containers which also cut down on them scattering litter when kicking off their paws. Izzy however hates the large box and has a smaller one in another room, she is still smaller and she doesn't like being that enclosed (there is no top on ours but it has high sides and she looks around)
    Thanks! I didn't expect my rant to get me so much advice yes, he's my first pet so I've been learning along the way and wasn't lucky enough to get an easy laid-back pet! I'm hoping having him in the Rubbermaid will be the best solution long-term. Now that I have it, I'm wondering why I spent $20-30 on each of the other litter boxes I have bought in the past! He adjusts well each time I change the litter box, and is thankfully not picky in any way about litter and/or box changes.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    just be glad he doesn't leave them as "presents" on your pillow like my friends cat does
    Oh don't worry, every time I have complained about this new problem, I have thought in the back of my head how lucky I am that he doesn't have any litter box "issues". He has always known where he should go and done so, except when I first got him. He was 7-8 weeks old and I have one of those "dome chairs" I think they're called... Anyway he was convinced that was his bathroom. He left me a nice present on it once, and I caught him preparing to do so a few more times but quickly brought him to his box luckily the chair is black and nothing was soaked in as I cleaned it right away. I put it into a closet for a few months and was able to reintroduce it to him with no further problems.
    macw1960 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

4 am is not a good time of day to send me a hey how are you doing text.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My IBS has kicked into high gear EVERY NIGHT for weeks. I think I am going to give up on food
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Furnace quits , I call a service guy, its -59 here, he checks things out and then tries to sell me a service package BEFORE he tells me what is w rong with the furnace, how much it will cost to fix it and how long it will take.. Dude!! Your priority is to make us spend more $$ but mine is to get warm with the least cost possible. Try and sell me service packages AFTER things are up and running.. I was so frustrated with that approach I told him I'd get a 2nd opinion. Dang people!!
    coupon girl, macw1960 and walkonby like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

we had one of the electronic ones.. they have the pros and cons, the little dishes that collect the poop in arn't cheap (we used to line it with a plastic bag) and if your cat has soft poops/ runny poops it gets stuck in the forks that rake it and you have to clean them out regularly.. overall it came in handy until it broke after a few years but if your cat shoves it's butt right in the corner.. thats an issue also

there was another one we had years and years ago it was a multi layer easy clean design sorta like a sifter where you had 3-4 layers of litter box you pick the first one up it sifts the liter empty it then place it on the bottom and they cross eachother to keep the litter from all falling out (you just have to make sure you stacked them properly)
    macw1960 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Bring my folks to lunch at the resto, 2 days in a row the handicapped parking is taken by someone with no sign. I had to park way down the mall then walk them back, on ice!!! Sitting in the resto and low and behold the dickhead returns to his car . IT'S THE RESTO'S NEW DELIVERY GUY!!!!! Needless to say I was up like a shot telling the owner. What a douche.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Bring my folks to lunch at the resto, 2 days in a row the handicapped parking is taken by someone with no sign. I had to park way down the mall then walk them back, on ice!!! Sitting in the resto and low and behold the dickhead returns to his car . IT'S THE RESTO'S NEW DELIVERY GUY!!!!! Needless to say I was up like a shot telling the owner. What a douche.
    Yup douche would be the best description, I stalk people that use handicapped spots, I don't need one it is just the principal of it. Sometimes I get great pleasure from being the crazy lady yelling in the parking lot depending on my hormone levels on any given day..therapeutic.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Jan 16th, 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am a substitute teacher and the last two weeks have kept me busy (good thing!).
    So why is that whenever I get a bunch of work my LO has to get sick. Just got him antibiotics for tonsillitis.
    macw1960 likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

getting frustrated with hubby - he works from home and he can't even put away the dishes from the dishwasher - like seriously - I am going to change the password to the facebook account that he uses of mine so he will have to do chores
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Last week at a mall, an SUV was parked right at the entrance where there are signs for no parking/fire trucks only. Couple was standing outside their car with 3 kids and a couple of uniformed car helper people trying to get their engine going. Karma. Too bad mall police weren't around, then it would've been double karma.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Last week at a mall, an SUV was parked right at the entrance where there are signs for no parking/fire trucks only. Couple was standing outside their car with 3 kids and a couple of uniformed car helper people trying to get their engine going. Karma. Too bad mall police weren't around, then it would've been double karma.
    I've had to park in areas like that when I really couldn't drive any further due to mechanical failure of my car. I'd hate to think that random people were wishing post-mortum retribution on me for something I couldn't control.
    macw1960 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 109 of 654 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 609 ... LastLast

Thread Information