User Tag List

Page 204 of 654 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Midnightly, just have the party at home! Not just because it's cheaper, but you can relax more, enjoy the kids, and everyone will have a great time!

i live in a 2 bedroom condo, under 1,000sqft (cost of living is insane here) there's no possible way i could have a birthday at home.. she has 2 friends over and it feels crowded let alone enough for a birthday so i have to do a birthday out of the house (and weather is crap in November always rainy and chilly.. so i wouldn't dare do a park)

well... i bit the bullet and reserved gymnastics she has NO IDEA so i'm taking her down there this afternoon to see the place/show her the place and ask her if she wants to have her birthday there (i know she'll say yes and be giddy.. probably a "are you serious?? yes yes yes" with great big eyes ) but it's still going to cost me nearly $150 for 10 kids (plus an extra $10 per additional kid.. ) then add on cake and juice boxes and all that jazz plus we only get 1hr45min party and parties are booked back so if kids decide to show up late that cuts directly out of the 1hr they get in the gym
    Ciel and bargain_hunter_lola like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Can't find raisin pie filling anywhere!!! I wanted to bake a raisin pie for DH but I guess I'm ( he's) out for luck
    Ciel likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Can't find raisin pie filling anywhere!!! I wanted to bake a raisin pie for DH but I guess I'm ( he's) out for luck
    Got raisins?The recipe from the Sunmaid site looks pretty fast and easy,it's worth giving it a try:http://www.sunmaid.com/en/recipes/re...aisin_pie.html
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Went to Smartsource and saw $1 off Mars Fun size chocolates! SO happy that my jaw dropped only to find out that:

I was at smartsource.COM site #chocolateproblem

Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Thanks! I'll try tomorrow!
    Ciel likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am going broke from buying Starbucks pumpkin spice. $4.80 for a tall drink...but they taste so good.
    Ciel, Lyssia510 and DC101 like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I've been saving for what seems like forever for a $50 amazon GC from Huggies ETR rewards. I've been so close for so long. Finally do a trade to get the rest of the points and now it's GONE! It's like they knew I finally had enough so they pulled the reward. I have 2500 points and nothing to use them on. I really wanted that $50 amazon for Christmas. GRRRRRR! They still have the $75 amazon for 3750 points but there's no way I'll ever reach that.
    Ciel, francine1985 and Lyssia510 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I've been saving for what seems like forever for a $50 amazon GC from Huggies ETR rewards. I've been so close for so long. Finally do a trade to get the rest of the points and now it's GONE! It's like they knew I finally had enough so they pulled the reward. I have 2500 points and nothing to use them on. I really wanted that $50 amazon for Christmas. GRRRRRR! They still have the $75 amazon for 3750 points but there's no way I'll ever reach that.
    maybe you could redeem for the 5$ starbucks card (250 points), the 15$ starbucks card (750 points), and 3 of the jumbo pack diapers (500 points each)... I Know its not what you want but maybe you could at least get a really good trade out of it or do a bundle auction.

or just wait it out and hope it comes back.
    Ciel likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    maybe you could redeem for the 5$ starbucks card (250 points), the 15$ starbucks card (750 points), and 3 of the jumbo pack diapers (500 points each)... I Know its not what you want but maybe you could at least get a really good trade out of it or do a bundle auction.

or just wait it out and hope it comes back.
    Thanks but I'll wait. I don't drink coffee or any drinks SB sells and my kids are out of diapers. If I redeemed to trade it would be too much of a hassle. Haven't had much luck lately. I'll just wait and hope!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Ciel and francine1985 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been pretty frustrated lately. I entered my grandmother into a contest online - without her prompting me to and without telling her- and she ended up winning a huge prize. Now all she seems to care about is making sure my aunt and cousin don't go without (when both of them drive brand new cars) and buying my uncle groceries every week.

But yet she can't say effing thank you? Just because we don't take advantage of her and we support her she doesn't think we deserve to benefit from her win? Even though she never heard of the contest until she won and I am the sole reason she won? The people who treat her like dogsh-t all the time and literally only make an appearance at christmas or when their birthday comes rolling around to get their birthday card full of cash are the ones who she thinks are hurting. They literally go into her scarcely stalked kitchen and ask for her food and ask for things on her shelves while the woman eats cereal for supper, and when I try and offer her better food she just gives it to them (meanwhile these moochers eat mcdonalds every night).

I am so disgusted with this. The prize is worth 4 times what her debt is yet she told me she only hopes to be able to pay off her debt. Which practically screams she plans on using 3 times her debt on funding the leeches who abuse her.

It is not even so much that I think I deserve a chunk of the winnings - I love my grandmother to death and she means the world to me - but I feel like all she ever does is regift the things I give to her and give them to everyone else. And it makes me feel like she doesn't think I am as important.

She even wants to buy things from my stock pile with this money so that she can do up baskets for these people, yet isn't doing anything for my parents, one of which is her child. I don't think I have ever felt so frustrated and unappreciated in my whole entire goddamn life.
    Crochetlady, Ciel, emg and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I'm convinced that people who clear tear pads have no soul. I pray to the couponing gods that one day, I will cross paths with these fiends amidst them committing this heinous act

ps: why are people clearing the $2 WUB Del Monte and Oasis coupon? It doesn't seem to be that hot of a coupon...am I missing something? lol

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I always keep my phone charger in the exact same spot.

DH was home last week and used it to charge his phone since he didn't want to un-pack/look for his.

He left yesterday for work. I went to charge my phone last night and no charger. Spent over an hour looking for it then gave up. I called and he said he was "pretty sure" he put it back but he'd look when he got to work to see if he packed it.

This morning he said he doesn't have it, so I look again. Spent another hour and still no charger. I have ZERO idea where it could be at this point. I still think he has it.

So now I have no cell until I can either find my charger or buy a new one (IF they even sell them still as its for a blackberry). SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW! Use your own damn charger if you can't be bothered to put mine BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS! I need the cell so the kids school can get a hold of me, either that or just not leave the house....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was looking at yesterday's grocery receipt from Sobey's-brother had earned 14 stamps for Jamie Oliver collection. So where are the stamps and collector cards? Brother...

Receipt was printed on BOTH sides (Brant St. store in Burlington). New to me. Also did not see any receipt coupons...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

F**k you life just F**k you... alright so I'm a poor student and I just can't afford expenses... in the last little bit my iPhone charger went kaput and its one of the new style ones, I know they have em cheep at the dollar store but I don't have a buck to my name. Also a check engine came on my 8 year old suv the code is a p0420... so the catalyst converter, so an expensive fix. For now it drives ok my I cant really put this kind of thing off..... only way I could fix it now would be to beg family and have disappointment thrown at me. Not something I want to do...
    Also did poor on a test at school worth 10% bunch of other little things all building up.
    Ciel likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    I have been pretty frustrated lately. I entered my grandmother into a contest online - without her prompting me to and without telling her- and she ended up winning a huge prize. Now all she seems to care about is making sure my aunt and cousin don't go without (when both of them drive brand new cars) and buying my uncle groceries every week.

But yet she can't say effing thank you? Just because we don't take advantage of her and we support her she doesn't think we deserve to benefit from her win? Even though she never heard of the contest until she won and I am the sole reason she won? The people who treat her like dogsh-t all the time and literally only make an appearance at christmas or when their birthday comes rolling around to get their birthday card full of cash are the ones who she thinks are hurting. They literally go into her scarcely stalked kitchen and ask for her food and ask for things on her shelves while the woman eats cereal for supper, and when I try and offer her better food she just gives it to them (meanwhile these moochers eat mcdonalds every night).

I am so disgusted with this. The prize is worth 4 times what her debt is yet she told me she only hopes to be able to pay off her debt. Which practically screams she plans on using 3 times her debt on funding the leeches who abuse her.

It is not even so much that I think I deserve a chunk of the winnings - I love my grandmother to death and she means the world to me - but I feel like all she ever does is regift the things I give to her and give them to everyone else. And it makes me feel like she doesn't think I am as important.

She even wants to buy things from my stock pile with this money so that she can do up baskets for these people, yet isn't doing anything for my parents, one of which is her child. I don't think I have ever felt so frustrated and unappreciated in my whole entire goddamn life.
    @jamesfranco ...sadly there is nothig you can do if your grandmother decides to squander her new found wealth..

However, you can stop enabling her by not entering her into these kinds of contests. Whle it's admirable that you want to help her, unless you want to also help your relatives who have the serious "GIMMEPIG" disorder, then you need to refocus on how to help.

Stop giving or allowing her to buy parts of your stockpile unless it's something she needs. Really, really needs.

Another thing..does she suffer from some kind of dementia?? If your parent is close to her, possibly worth talking to her doctor if this a new or suddendly accerating behavour meaning that some-one may need to get Power of Attorney over her fiinancial affairs before it's too late.
    Ciel, GeorgiaK and wolfwoman like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information