User Tag List

Page 235 of 654 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    That sucks. It is hard to find shoes that fit well. Maybe you can put in some inserts - that should help
    I already have inserts . Orthotic to fix major foot problems. Freaking shoes.

Yeah @Decaf I'm just gonna buy thick as possible socks I guess
    @Lyssia510 I'm like you. Size 10. Big feet problems. My friend is size 11 and has it much, much worse though. At least 10 you can get in normal stores. 11 you have to go to specialty
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and Lyssia510 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The environmental fee is way too high.

I bought a Bluray player $55 ($5 fee + HST), OOP is $67.80. That's 23% in taxes and fee.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Torontogal12, I feel for you regarding the shoes. Think cable tights might help you fill the space without sacrificing office style. Somehow I cannot see you wearing work or Nevada casual socks (they are crew-cut marled yarn affairs) with the shoes unless you are in twill or denim pants! At least you have Legs Beautiful shops downtown-options but don't know about any sales or try HBC Queen Street hosiery section esp. when there is a sale.
    Your friend in Toronto is likely to score shoes at Browns, Harry Young and the odd Hudson Bay (Yorkdale in a few styles and maybe Toronto Eaton Centre) if she goes early when new arrivals come in. Naturalizer if all else fails or Long Tall Sally if she feels like spending money. Does she manage to find shoes at Town Shoes in TEC? In Hamilton, there is a Millers Shoes clearance centre on Upper James St. immediately north of the Linc expwy-some larger sizes there but any Amalfi shoes fit really snugly and soles are hard to walk in on hard floors (I have a pair that I'd use only if standing in a spot in-store when doing a promotion, as I could not walk in them on the sidewalk but they look nice). But prices are in the $59.99 range or higher. Sometimes can find lower prices but rarely if one is past 10 in womens' footwear size.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Parents who don't RSVP for parties! How hard is it to take 2 seconds to email or call and say yes or no?

This is the 2nd year in the row that the majority of parents haven't RSVP'd to DD's birthday.

Last year I had the class email list so I just emailed to confirm and 5 out of 6 parents said YES, their kid was coming but they forgot to RSVP. 5 kids! Makes a HUGE difference!

This year 5 parents (total of 7 kids - 2 sets of sisters) have not RSVP'd. I only have the email for ONE parent because the teacher didn't give out an email list this year. So now I have no idea how many kids will show up to the birthday party, which would be *ALMOST* okay except we're having it at a business and I need to confirm numbers a couple days before the party (if we go over a certain number, we'll need 2 rooms).

I really don't understand how people forget or are "too busy" to RSVP. The invite clearly said they must RSVP by Dec 1st and I gave both my email and our phone number.

GAH!!!!! Just really annoyed and nervous. We'll be fine with the number we have, or even if 3-4 more kids come BUT if all 7 show up then I may have to turn them away because there's no room. There's no way I'm paying an extra $60 for a 2nd room when we don't need it (again I need to tell them a few days in advance).
    Zonny, GoJays, seylz_gurl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    my rant is with the electronic environmental fees.. they're ridiculous! how about an environmental fee on all of those damn coffee cups that are littering our streets?? what about a fee on the water bottles that float around in the ocean??
    We already pay tax to deal with garbage. This is just so unfair. I hate them too. What a sneaky tax grab it is.
    GoJays and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I hate shoes. A lot

Finally found a pair that seemed comfortable and fit well at the time (This is replacing my only pair of black dress shoes, which are fully destroyed but I couldn't find anything). I wear the new shoes once on the street and they start expanding and now they are too big and nearly fly off my feet while walking!

But I've worn them already so can't return them. Waste of $70

I hate shoes so much.
    I am so envious of women who can wear any shoe they want. I can't wear nice women's shoes because my feet are too big. Sorry about the new shoes....that has to hurt.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I watch the sales at The Bay. The Hue tights often go for 30% off.

My pal has gone to Long Tall Sally but she often gets hers at Walking on a Cloud and pays dearly. Full price at a pricey store.

The problem with her is that she will go as soon as the new arrivals get there and even that isn't soon enough. I suspect some women with larger feet have made friends with the sales people to get called in as soon as they are in the warehouse.

@GatineauGirl Wouldn't it be nice to wear whatever shoe we want?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Torontogal12, I feel for you regarding the shoes. Think cable tights might help you fill the space without sacrificing office style. Somehow I cannot see you wearing work or Nevada casual socks (they are crew-cut marled yarn affairs) with the shoes unless you are in twill or denim pants! At least you have Legs Beautiful shops downtown-options but don't know about any sales or try HBC Queen Street hosiery section esp. when there is a sale.
    Your friend in Toronto is likely to score shoes at Browns, Harry Young and the odd Hudson Bay (Yorkdale in a few styles and maybe Toronto Eaton Centre) if she goes early when new arrivals come in. Naturalizer if all else fails or Long Tall Sally if she feels like spending money. Does she manage to find shoes at Town Shoes in TEC? In Hamilton, there is a Millers Shoes clearance centre on Upper James St. immediately north of the Linc expwy-some larger sizes there but any Amalfi shoes fit really snugly and soles are hard to walk in on hard floors (I have a pair that I'd use only if standing in a spot in-store when doing a promotion, as I could not walk in them on the sidewalk but they look nice). But prices are in the $59.99 range or higher. Sometimes can find lower prices but rarely if one is past 10 in womens' footwear size.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Parents who don't RSVP for parties! How hard is it to take 2 seconds to email or call and say yes or no?
    Also: Weddings. I had to chase after so many people. If we're such a last-minute thing for you, maybe you should just check "no"
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

This is the 2nd year in the row that the majority of parents haven't RSVP'd to DD's birthday.

Last year I had the class email list so I just emailed to confirm and 5 out of 6 parents said YES, their kid was coming but they forgot to RSVP. 5 kids! Makes a HUGE difference!

This year 5 parents (total of 7 kids - 2 sets of sisters) have not RSVP'd. I only have the email for ONE parent because the teacher didn't give out an email list this year. So now I have no idea how many kids will show up to the birthday party, which would be *ALMOST* okay except we're having it at a business and I need to confirm numbers a couple days before the party (if we go over a certain number, we'll need 2 rooms).

I really don't understand how people forget or are "too busy" to RSVP. The invite clearly said they must RSVP by Dec 1st and I gave both my email and our phone number.

GAH!!!!! Just really annoyed and nervous. We'll be fine with the number we have, or even if 3-4 more kids come BUT if all 7 show up then I may have to turn them away because there's no room. There's no way I'm paying an extra $60 for a 2nd room when we don't need it (again I need to tell them a few days in advance).
    ohh i soo know the feeling! our teacher does not give out email lists (privacy issue) and this year i couldn't even track down the parents because all the kids bus so i don't see the parents (some kids get picked up at school and some kids are bussed to a different drop spot) i made a point to physically bring the invites to school at the end of the day so they got in the kids hands though couldn't guarantee they got to the parents... i had my kid asking the kids "soo are you coming" i had 3 kids say yes yes we're coming to my daughter and they never showed up to the party and when your paying per kid i n attendance you really don't want to be thrown for a loop or end up paying nearly $20 a head for a kid that doesn't show up and ofcourse the venue wants to know ahead of time and you have to make sure to prep enough goodie bags...

now don't get me started about people who show up late for birthday parties when you only have 1hr 45 min party don't show up 20 min late!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Java. I can't print off coupons because I am being told I do not have Java installed or correct version. I update and computer says I am running latest version and coupons still won't print. Wondering if my sanity is worth the $5 coupon.
    Lyssia510 and wolfwoman like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Java. I can't print off coupons because I am being told I do not have Java installed or correct version. I update and computer says I am running latest version and coupons still won't print. Wondering if my sanity is worth the $5 coupon.
    Beside the address bar, there's a little symbol that looks like a lego(rectangle with 2 circles on top), click on that and make sure the "allow" option is checked off. I can't remember the exact wording(my laptop takes forever to turn on and load the internet) but I could never print coupons until I clicked that button and allowed whatever it was

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The joys of birthday parties, so glad we're past that stage with my oldest and have another 2-3 years before my youngest starts having parties.
    I really don't get why it's so hard to RSVP(or reply to an email, text message etc), everyone's busy but it honestly only takes less than 30 seconds to type in a email address and "xx will/will not be attending xx's party".

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Went to Superstore today so I could pm and use my points. Cashier only pm'd one of my two blocks of cheese, used the 20.00 Hasbro coupon for a 12.99 Play Doh set, she only took off 12.00. Of course I noticed this when I got home. It's not worth going back for 4 bucks(the toddler hates grocery shopping and I've had my fill of "Let it Go" in the car for the day), but something like this happens EVERY freaking time I'm at Superstore. I really wish Zerhs would start to pm.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is not only parties people do not RSVP to. Quite a few years back our company held seminars for our customer to come meet the professionals. It was made extremely clear to let us know if you were coming as there was limited space and you needed to booked into the seminars you wanted again with limited space. Day of me and my sis were working the door checking everyone in and all of a sudden people started to just show up or people brought extra people with them. All of a sudden you have 35 people trying to get into space/seminar set up for 20 people. Of course the people who just showed up but customer's who followed the rules and RSVP were not happy that their hands on seminar was not so hands on and that people were being forced to stand in the back or squish in to fit into small areas.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

it's snowing... again... and it's still freaking autumn

Thread Information