User Tag List

Page 1134 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 134 634 1034 1084 1124 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1144 1184 1234 1634 ... LastLast
Results 16,996 to 17,010 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping this is the last day of -30s!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Feeling poorly today. dont know whats wrong but its like Lynn said: you fix one thing and then another creeps up! Getting old sucks big time! Hubby said a dose of free McCafe is just what i need, so we will be off to McDo`s in a bit andthen to the vets to get our cat Gizzy who had his b***s cut off yesterday! lol Reminds me of that joke about the dog whose name was Ballsoff although i cant remember the joke.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning! TODAY should be the last of our double digit minus temps, yay! Hopefully I'll be able to start walking with Jenny if I'm better by then, and like my hubby said, the roads aren't icy...sigh.....but we're all on the way to Spring!!
    Snow, I hope you get over whatever you ails you very soon...I was chatting with another gal about my age while my hubby was getting his blood test done at the hospital yesterday before his appt in Toronto and that's just what we were talking about.....but it's when we give up that it's game over. I guess that time eventually comes, but we're still fit for battle, right? Right!

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and stay safe over the weekend!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying their day and having the best mood today. After all it's Friday!

I have developed a new interest these days. It's cross stitch! I know how to cross stitch and I have been thinking about doing something as a hobby, so I thought why not make a cross stitch scenery or something else for my house. I don't have any supplies for that yet. Right now I am just looking at different patterns on various websites and my obsession is exponentially increasing! Lol
    I'll buy the supplies at fabricland but I don't know how much all the supplies and a good cross stitch pattern book will cost. Well.....tax return season is upon the CRA so.......no problemo! Lol

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hello everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying their day and having the best mood today. After all it's Friday!

I have developed a new interest these days. It's cross stitch! I know how to cross stitch and I have been thinking about doing something as a hobby, so I thought why not make a cross stitch scenery or something else for my house. I don't have any supplies for that yet. Right now I am just looking at different patterns on various websites and my obsession is exponentially increasing! Lol
    I'll buy the supplies at fabricland but I don't know how much all the supplies and a good cross stitch pattern book will cost. Well.....tax return season is upon the CRA so.......no problemo! Lol
    What a nice hobby...I used to cross stitch when my eyes were younger!
    Hon, there are so many patterns on line, no worries about buying a book...As for thread, if you have a Michaels close by, use your weekly 40% off coupon (print one off every day if you want!) and use them for your threads and fabrics...

Here's a nice free pattern site that I often visit for quilting...they also have crosstitch patterns; you have to "join" but they never spam you and you can opt out of it anytime you want:

https://www.freepatterns.com/welcome...FYNDaQodWQYA7g

More here (love the idea of stitching a card!)
    http://www.cross-stitching.com/free-cross-stitch-charts

A few hundred here to peruse....
    http://www.cross-stitch-pattern.net/Free-Designs.aspx

Enjoy, Amira!!
    TooCouponCrazy and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I will take a pic of her today or tomorrow and post it for you..she's um, how shall I say this...gotten "fluffier" than she was last year when we were still able to go on our walks and her slicker's a tich tighter on her...but that'll change when she and I can go out again.
    Sorry...too busy to take that pic today...tomorrow, I promise!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

amira, good for you! I used to cross-stitch and do other types of needlework, but because of problems with my hands/arms, I had to stop. I miss it SO much!

To start off, it might be a good idea to buy a kit - that way you don't commit to buying aida or fabric, plus floss.
    Michael's is great for selection, using their coupons makes it affordable.

Just after I had put supper in the oven, husband called that he's going to our son's shop to get some work done on the van. So bummer, hope he won't be long or the fish will be jerky, lol!

Enjoy the evening, all!
    Lynn49, TooCouponCrazy and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    amira, good for you! I used to cross-stitch and do other types of needlework, but because of problems with my hands/arms, I had to stop. I miss it SO much!

To start off, it might be a good idea to buy a kit - that way you don't commit to buying aida or fabric, plus floss.
    Michael's is great for selection, using their coupons makes it affordable.

Just after I had put supper in the oven, husband called that he's going to our son's shop to get some work done on the van. So bummer, hope he won't be long or the fish will be jerky, lol!

Enjoy the evening, all!

Nat, the selection of kits around here is sure slim pickins....mostly baby junk, old fashioned stuff, I imagine in a larger centre there's a better selection and even with coupons that crap is so expensive!!
    Mary Maxim online can have some good deals but really...such old fashioned patterns, unlike the more hip patterns of today....I'd love to do some cards, they're so cute!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a sweet wedding card!
    TooCouponCrazy and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nat, I have a little cigar box filled with embroidery floss and up until Amira posted her new hobby, I only thought about those huge cross stitch pictures (of which I have a few that my Mom and Grandma made)...but to do a little card! I can do that!!
    Natalka and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka and @Lynn49 . Thank you so much for encouraging me for going after this hobby. There is so much i want to do....i can't tell you how much i am excited about it. I am watching cottages patterns, mountains, lakes, night time, flowers etc. And all these patterns are so beautiful. OMG i can't stop talking about it. Lol.

Now that both of you have mentioned about going to Michael's... i want to know how much price difference will be if i want to buy all the basic things from fabricland or michaels. We have fabricland in our town but michaels is in other city one hour away.

And natalka can you share some of your work? What other things (stitches, art work) you used to do back in those days? You know i am being soooo ambitious, i am even thinking about making these cross stitch Work and selling them on kijiji/craigslist. You know sky is the limit and i am dreaming beyond the sky!
    Lynn49 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol lynn. I am sure you can do bigger patterns than cards...why not go big or......aaahhhh...i cant even say go home to you. You are already in your house! Lol.
    I know how to cross stitch in that happy birthday pattern fabric, not the second one you posted. I think the first one is called aida?? I learned to cross stitch in Pakistan and that was not very "formal" training so i dont know the "professional" names of these fabrics and stitches and how the patterns describe the stitches and colors....but oh well..... i'll still try to figure out these things.

Today was a very busy/fun day. I cleaned the kitchen/living room/dinning room. Made chicken for chicken sandwiches, hubby dropped me off in a salon for my hair dye.... i get grey hairalready!
    we had chicken sandwiches today. Hubby and i watched cutthroat kitchen and top gear. Now he is in the gym and i am with you guys.
    kids are playing together and watching fresh beat band too.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Well, I stupidly slept in the evening, so I've been up since 11:30 p.m. It will be a topsy-turvey day!

amira, all my embroidery is still packed up after our move last year. I don't have many framed, but have dozens finished - waiting to be framed or made into something. Framing is so costly!
    Aside from cross-stitched pics/pillows, etc. I've done a lot of Ukrainian cross-stitch - mostly for gifts.
    I also really enjoyed doing crewel - all those cool stitches to create a variety of textures and patterns are neat!
    When I began, I also did a lot of pieces in needlepoint on plastic canvas - for Christmas decorations, etc.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Happy Caturday!

Lynn49, TooCouponCrazy and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, all!

TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Thread Information