User Tag List

Page 1084 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 84 584 984 1034 1074 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1094 1134 1184 1584 ... LastLast
Results 16,246 to 16,260 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LoL, you're right Lynn!
    Have a great day everyone.

Back to to it for me.
    madchives, Andit, Natalka and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My neighbour has a parrot. The other day I came in and he said "Good morning sunshine" Today he said "Go to hell." He's a parrot with a wide vocabulary. Lmao!
    madchives, Andit, Natalka and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another week has flown by for me again! Seemed like Monday was just here?? Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming weekend!
    madchives, Andit, Natalka and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, it's almost 5 a.m. and I've been up all night. Last I slept was an hour after lunch yesterday.
    My eyes are getting pretty sleepy, so I'll be heading to bed to try to sleep soon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    My neighbour has a parrot. The other day I came in and he said "Good morning sunshine" Today he said "Go to hell." He's a parrot with a wide vocabulary. Lmao!
    thinking someone has mentioned this before,, but heard of the lost parrot, who left speaking english
    and after 5, i think years was found and now speaks spanish, hola
    Andit, Natalka and avoncallingu like this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, everyone!
    Nat...something has GOT to be done about you not getting any sleep! What have you and haven't you tried?!!

So I have my surgery date: Nov 7th, with pre op info on the 29th. I have no idea what to expect, having those 2 screws just below my knee removed, what the recovery will be like...I wish doctors would say something more than, "It's sure not what you went through the first time!!! This is easy!" Really? Like.....how easy?

Anyhoodles, time will tell; I hope it's successful and that I can walk by Christmas! It's been a LONG haul!
    Happy weekend, everyone!!!
    Andit and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, I did get some sleep - two hours in two doses.

Lynn, I've tried most everything. All that's left is to do on meds, and I won't do that.
    Glad you have a surgery date - it's not great they can't be more clear for you, though.
    Andit and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, everyone!
    Nat...something has GOT to be done about you not getting any sleep! What have you and haven't you tried?!!

So I have my surgery date: Nov 7th, with pre op info on the 29th. I have no idea what to expect, having those 2 screws just below my knee removed, what the recovery will be like...I wish doctors would say something more than, "It's sure not what you went through the first time!!! This is easy!" Really? Like.....how easy?

Anyhoodles, time will tell; I hope it's successful and that I can walk by Christmas! It's been a LONG haul!
    Happy weekend, everyone!!!
    Lynn, um if they remove the 2 screws below your knee what was the purpose of them putting them there in the first place? Were they always meant to be a " temporary installation? " Sorry. but I have no knowledge of the whole hardware inside the body thing.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Lynn, um if they remove the 2 screws below your knee what was the purpose of them putting them there in the first place? Were they always meant to be a " temporary installation? " Sorry. but I have no knowledge of the whole hardware inside the body thing.
    Walks, screws and plates are put in to keep parts together in proper alignment to facilitate healing. Many people opt to have them removed years later (I hear usually 3-5) because of discomfort and of course the screws can loosen up and have been known to push out into the skin and become noticeable. Yuck!
    In my case the two top screws had to be put very close to my lower knee joint to secure the "broken eggshells" I managed to turn my bone into, in that area. They were likely a temporary measure to hold it all together even tho they had to be so close to the joint and fleshier area. I told my surgeon no worries, I'm sure she did what she had to do to keep me together, and she rolled her eyes and said "You'd better believe it!" Lol! She's great, and to schedule this surgery so quickly in order to help me progress with my walking shows just how caring she is. Years from now I may need to have the other 7 screws and the plate removed, but for now, I just hope this step relieves the pain I feel when I take a step. Don't break anything, Walks or anyone!!

Nat, sometimes taking a medicine to get past a hump in our lives is what we need. New sleep meds now don't create addicted zombies like in the olden days and heaven knows I've had to use then from time to time for various periods in my life and always woke up refreshed and not groggy. In any event, I hope something brings you relief soon.

Well! Have a great day, everyone! The sun's out here for a change, yesterday hubby played his last round of golf, took his last motorcycle ride of the season, so winter is definitely on it's way now! Phhhht!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well...off to perform my last wedding after 5 years....bitter-sweet....
    Andit, Natalka and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks for educating me Lynn about what the purpose of inner knee hardware is, honestly I always figured screws, plates and such were in there for good. I am very glad they are doing some of the removal early for you.......fingers crossed for pain relief with your knee afterwards.
    Andit, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Well, it's almost 5 a.m. and I've been up all night. Last I slept was an hour after lunch yesterday.
    My eyes are getting pretty sleepy, so I'll be heading to bed to try to sleep soon.
    In case you haven't tried it, Gravol has a sleep-inducing quality (my friend who has chronic insomnia swears by it). There's also melatonin in capsule form, which can be helpful.

And if nothing else, you can take a trip to Switzerland (go to the 20 minute mark in the show):
    http://www.dw.de/program/tomorrow-today/s-3062-9798

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So true Andi...when I needed to sleep but didn't want to take a sleeping pill I used Gravol..the meds made me queasy anyway, so it was a win-win situation.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks guys - I know an antihistimine can be used - I was taking a high dose of apohydroxyzine til a few years ago. I was taking it to curb my skin scratching during the night.
    I am unable to take melatonin.

I do need to go talk to a pharmacist about ZzzQuil - to see how that ingredient compares to the one I mentioned above.

For wedding-lovers, there's a great doc on The Passionate Eye, 112 Weddings - visits couples years after they got married.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2552443055/?page=3
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information