User Tag List

Page 309 of 654 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    Look at Sears. They used to have nice one piece ones.
    And I'm glad you're not getting your 12 year old a bikini.
    We tried. She's too big for the kid ones and the lady ones are either too trashy/old/ or expensive.
    I guess I'll just keep stalking Winners and hoping they get appropriate one pieces in soon.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

While searching the net to see if I can get a cosmetic surgery done in my local hospital, I clicked on what I thought was the right link. It had the name of my town, the hospital, the procedure blah, blah, blah. But HOLY BAT CRAP!!! The images that popped up were straight out of a XXXXXX VIDEO!!!! I am scarred for life and I think I may go blind
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Wolfie, something similar happened to me this morning. I was looking for a particular Ukrainian song, and the band and song I wanted was listed, so I clicked on - and it was full of o pics. EW!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More an annoyance than a rant. So SDM have the Life paper towels + kleenex (hello allergy time) on sale for today and tomorrow only...why is it that my store have zero in stock? The cashiers were unsure so I asked to speak with the Manager who stated that they didn't receive a shipment and don't know when/if it will arrive. Really!! I felt like telling him that maybe they should place a sign in-store, in the area, to that effect. This would save 1) shoppers looking around for the phantom stock and 2) having to ask staff the same questions over and over Ended up going to another out of the way SDM for my supplies.
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    My oldest needs a new bathing suit and wants a one piece. She's pretty much out of kids sizes now so we have the junior/lady stores and Justice to shop from. Everything is either a bikini, tankini, cut way too low, too much padding, has cutouts, or some stupid animal face on it. We found a few plain bathing suits at Sports Chek but they were 79.99!
    Am I really asking for too much to find a reasonably priced non trashy bathing suit for my 12 year old?
    I'm having a hard time finding a non-trashy bathing suit for my 4-year-old! There are lots of string bikinis with tassels on the chest, lots of regular bikinis, and then one-pieces with trashy pictures of girls in bikinis or with slashed up bits and black netting. Why do people want to dress kids like that? I hope you have success finding something for her. Winners was the only place I could think to recommend. Actually, I have been wearing shorts and t-shirt swimming for the last couple of years because I haven't been able to find anything for myself that isn't $100 or a very revealing bikini (which I definitely avoid since having my kids!)
    And on a side note, I had my daughter in a store the other day and found they sell padded bras in her size. Did I mention she is 4?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newestcouponer View Post
    I'm having a hard time finding a non-trashy bathing suit for my 4-year-old! There are lots of string bikinis with tassels on the chest, lots of regular bikinis, and then one-pieces with trashy pictures of girls in bikinis or with slashed up bits and black netting. Why do people want to dress kids like that? I hope you have success finding something for her. Winners was the only place I could think to recommend. Actually, I have been wearing shorts and t-shirt swimming for the last couple of years because I haven't been able to find anything for myself that isn't $100 or a very revealing bikini (which I definitely avoid since having my kids!)
    And on a side note, I had my daughter in a store the other day and found they sell padded bras in her size. Did I mention she is 4?
    Oh I know! I had the same issue finding one for my two year old! I originally wanted a tankini for her(easier to deal with when we start potty training this summer) and they barely covered more than the bikinis. I ended up finding her a couple of Disney one pieces at Toys R Us. Not my favorite, but she loves them.
    Candini, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i find old navy is great for classic one piece swim suits for girls and toddlers they often go onsale for around $10-15...the only flaw i've found with them is they do tend to fade fairly well but you get 1 good season out of them.. i also can't stand the two piece and bikini styles for myself or my kid.. i'm sorry she doesn't need to be wearing exposing swimsuits at 7yrs old... i also don't understand the whole bikini's on babies thing you'd think you'd want to cover kids more to protect them from the sun not expose them more skin in these little tiny string suits that you just know will never stay in place..
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Nothing else to eat at home! Had to eat lamb today! [I think this is a first world problem but then I am vegetarian, hence the rant]
    ROMEO, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

My oldest needs a new bathing suit and wants a one piece. She's pretty much out of kids sizes now so we have the junior/lady stores and Justice to shop from. Everything is either a bikini, tankini, cut way too low, too much padding, has cutouts, or some stupid animal face on it. We found a few plain bathing suits at Sports Chek but they were 79.99!
    Am I really asking for too much to find a reasonably priced non trashy bathing suit for my 12 year old?

Finding appropriate bathing suit for preteens is nearly impossible! My sister is 12 as well and she is inbetween a 10/12 and a 14 so finding one for her has been difficult. We actually ended up finding some,thing from target before they closed. But as a back up, you could always do a rash guard and bottoms. That way she gets the SPF protection, as well as an appropriate suit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If my 100.00 Chapters order is fine to leave on my door step, my 33.00 shoes should be fine to leave on my door step as well. Damn Canada post.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We tried. She's too big for the kid ones and the lady ones are either too trashy/old/ or expensive.
    I guess I'll just keep stalking Winners and hoping they get appropriate one pieces in soon.

I do tons of shopping on amazon.com. They have some inexpensive 1-piece swimsuits that if you know your daughter's swimsuit size could work. The one i'm giving the link for comes to just under $25 when you factor in shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Finals-Womens-...=bathing+suits
    ROMEO and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^have you tried sears for girls swimsuits or LL Bean. LL Bean usually has more age appropriate clothes for kids. I got some great If it wasn't for the shipping charges I'd order from them all the time. they have some spf +50 swim shirts too with really cute patterns.
    ROMEO, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyts View Post
    I do tons of shopping on amazon.com. They have some inexpensive 1-piece swimsuits that if you know your daughter's swimsuit size could work. The one i'm giving the link for comes to just under $25 when you factor in shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Finals-Womens-...=bathing+suits
    Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^have you tried sears for girls swimsuits or LL Bean. LL Bean usually has more age appropriate clothes for kids. I got some great If it wasn't for the shipping charges I'd order from them all the time. they have some spf +50 swim shirts too with really cute patterns.
    Thanks. She's 12 with body of a 16 years who's not quite lost all the(for lack of better word) baby fat yet. She's anywhere from a girls size 14 at Justice to a ladies large depending on where we shop. But I will check out those stores, if they're cheap enough or returning is free it might be worth a try.
    Candini and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Went for my dental cleaning yesterday. Turns out my regular hygienist left. Wow! The new one is just freaking BRUTAL!!! My mouth still hurts. I think a construction worker with a jackhammer would have been gentler.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Went for my dental cleaning yesterday. Turns out my regular hygienist left. Wow! The new one is just freaking BRUTAL!!! My mouth still hurts. I think a construction worker with a jackhammer would have been gentler.
    I had that happen a couple years ago. This time I asked for the other one and she is much better. Already booked my next appointment with her.

Thread Information