User Tag List

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to Goderich this morning to get my feet done. Had lunch at our fave Chinese restaurant and did a bit of shopping. A couple friends were here when I got home. Now I need to get back to work.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady glad you took a me day for atleast a little while
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME you're kitchen will look fantastic, what color of paint did you choose, how did the car search go by the way?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley hope al your furniture is assembled and you slept like a princess correction an organized princess

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

My appointment today with the dermatologist was as I suspect and confirmed by the dermatologist a waste or time as SURGERY is the best option....grr....I need to call the surgeon's office tomorrow am and let them know that I now need to be booked for surgery.

On a very positive note dh & I did tons of errands running around but it's done and I shouldn't need groceries with the exception of bottled
    water for the kids lunches for atleast 2 weeks.

We went to purchase a new planer as the 1 dh borrowed from FIL died and well we needed to give FIL $ because dh killed it...sucks when you borrow stuff which is something I personally never do. If I can't purchase then I do without but dh has other ideas. Anyways we went to home depot and the planer was on sale for $399. vs. $599 last week so happy dance kinda of and chose don't pay for 18 months however we are determined to pay it off in 6 but hopefully 4 months because it was so much cheaper....atleast that is the plan.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
    @walkonby a bushel of tomatoes is 25lbs and should yield 12-15 litres of canned tomatoes, I however got more because my jars were not filled to the neck as my tomatoes where not fully cooked when jarred so I needed to leave room for the extra cooking juices etc. I also put them in a hot water bath for 40 minutes which I found on the Ball site vs. the Bernadin site which said 85 minutes.

Best of luck & enjoy the process and fruits of your labor.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds what to know!!!

Do you borrow items from friends, family members, neighbours?

And if it breaks are you prepared to replace?

Or do you do without and save to purchase or rent the item?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-we don't believe in borrowing from family or friends -but we have in the past -now we tend to buy as needed or save
    -hubby's brothers tool are here -but he will get them soon

-we have lent stuff -like my 3 folding chairs to people(son's aunt on his wifes side and her mother )and now the small little knobs are off the bottom -so they will scratch floors -kinda ticks me off when people cant take care of items they borrow

-if it breaks we would be prepared to replace it -if an expensive item for sure
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Sep 8th, 2015 at 08:09 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I borrow cautiously. Prefer to save and be the lender. It would depend on the item and the loaner! Would definitely replace if broke. We borrowed a trailer once and had to pay for a repair while using. Loaner was easygoing. We were honest. I won't borrow from ppl who keep score...ruins relationship.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thunder and lightning here. Have to pick up my teen from work in 20 mins. Satellite is off but I have Internet lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

We aren't borrowers, but sure are lenders because of my husband's huge inventory of tools, equipment, and things of all sorts. He finds it too hard to say no - and there have been times things have come back broken or wrecked, and he won't say a thing. Pricey things, too, like power tools (don't get me started.....)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We borrow and lend, including big ticket items like our tent trailer. We loan it at least a week every summer, I figure let someone else enjoy it if it's just going to sit. We used load it to a friend of my dads every summer, this guy was such a help to my parents that it just felt right. He has since bought his own trailer. it always come back just as good as it went out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh a big old fat GRRR! to that, lol. I mean no we never borrow anything ( tools especially ) BUT we did have a neighbour at one time that would brag about never having to buy any tools to get his honey do list done, of course he would borrow them from my DH ( who is a big pushover ). I would feel like I was being a cheapskate if I asked to borrow another persons things, and as you mentioned if it breaks, then I would feel on the hook to replace it.

DH has pretty much every tool under the sun that he's accumulated during his many, many b'days ( insert old age joke ) or for Xmas, Father's Day and we have rented the unique ones that he was not willing to buy for a 1 time use job.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I think it takes as long to "un"pack as it does to travel there and back. I did get in some last minute shopping on the day after we landed back in the states on the way home.

I usually try to "celebrate" my retirement by doing something special on the first day of school. I called some compatriots but no one was home. (I guess they were out celebrating.)

Just got doggies back and spent the day getting back into routines - the weather was OPPRESSIVELY hot and humid. Did a bit of grocery shopping as we totally cleared out the fridge before we left. Also trying to find things we can eat on our new diet.

Made lots of calls to people we have to meet with, get business done with, etc. - back to the whirlwind life of a retiree!

We can now get the sidewalk put back in which we tore up during our water/electrical issues.

We are also getting some painting done in the livingroom/diningroom.

Dogs need to go to vets - yearly check-ups. They also need clips but the one has an issue with his back so I had to call the groomer to give her a "heads up."

Brother needed some help to solve an issue with Cogeco.

Hoping to harvest some crab-apples from our tree outside to use as applesauce. But, I wasn't going to work out in that 40 degree (with the humidex) heat to do that. I DID manage to water the wilting flowers.

Gotta get to bed as we stopped in at Food Basics to pick up some pork loins which were on sale. They didn't have any but they are getting another shipment tomorrow morning. Hope to wake up in time to get there. Have to go and get my hair cut and "tinted" tomorrow in prep. for a wedding that I will perform on Saturday.

Choir practice starts on Thursday - after I travel to another town to meet with the wedding couple.

And this was a week when we didn't have anything booked before today. Whew! Have a good week, folks!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, you need a vacay from your vacay!

Take it easy, though!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We don`t borrow but hubby lends stuff. He just lent his long rope to a friend who broke it. It was replaced with a new one.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information