User Tag List

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I know what that is like @coupon girl, we have always only been a 1 vehicle family. For the first while it never mattered much since I did not drive anyway, but then there were very rough years when I would pull in the driveway from work, barely turn the engine off and he was coming out the door to start his shift. Now that I am retired it is so much easier. The $$ saved really has a positive impact on the family budget, enjoy your future savings!!
    Hmph. TELL me about it, Sweetie! Iirc, that was why we didn't connect when I was there to perform my best Friend's memorial service. What a shame our schedules didn't jive.

We've always had two cars when we had kids with us, but since then like Walks, being retired means I can have the car whenever I need it. That's why Hubby bought himself that motorcycle: so he could get to his golf club in the wee hours of the morning without waking me up to drive him, plus I had the van. However, since this accident I've only started driving again in the past few months, and oh, BOY, does that independence feel fantastic again!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So how's this for keeping an eye on your kids while they're in school?

Our DD just told me that she gets HOURLY updates on their son's behavior in class on her iphone!! Every hour on the hour there's a little icon and note that lets her know what he's been up to!! Only one note said that he didn't put up his hand to answer a question, the others were fine!!

So....would you all like to know how your kids are doing every hour of every day at school?!
    Our DD sure does, lol....And evidently it doesn't take the teacher any time at all...she wears something around her neck and taps on it when she has a moment and it goes out to the parents!!

I can guess there are some parents somewhere who may not want that kind of instant information...

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lynn49 wouldn't want to know every hour, the teachers have more important things to do in my opinion (not meaning to offend), however, if there is a problem I would want to know about it sooner rather than later. But we all have different opinions when it comes to our children.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well after ds1 assisting me with the new router only my computer could connect to the network. My internet provider has offered me bringing in my laptop and the new router to add the new router to my pc/network, HOWEVER, the new network/router is on my pc. @saundyl our computer wizard what could possibly be stopping the other laptops and xbox360 from getting the new network on their machines, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

saundyl congrats on your new job

Nancy great job on the meat sales,here IGA ,Metro or SuperC i never see meat reduced.Maxi and Provigo will often see meat reduced but mostly at Maxi

I worked all day 8 hrs now i'm bushed so i think it will be an early night.I wanted to watch Mr.Robot a new show that just started a few weeks ago,it's on at 10 don't think i'll make it probably tape it

Well off to bed hopefully i can sleep
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

PRay for me. Sleepover night. 6 hyper 11 year old boys! They are in the basement now playing with nerf guns. Soon pj time and movie and popcorn.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Sep 19th, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady geez I wished I lived closer all those beautiful apples.

And the cider sounds like a wonderful idea, I believe you get some made most years
    I wish you were closer too Nancy. We`ve only got cider made once before and ended up giving it all away. I don`t like it and hubby was having digestive issues and couldn`t drink it.
    Angela273, Lynn49, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Luck FBM!! They will have a blast, we have had a lot of sleepovers over the kids lives, and only lost sleep over a few. Hopefully they settle down reasonably early!!

Saundyl, nice work getting the new job!!!

Didn't have a super frugal day, went to the mall with my granddaughter and spent way too much time in Claires with her, she is at that age, picked her up a couple of shirts at another store and she wanted to take Cinnabon home for her mom and dad. I did find some back to school shaving packs on clearance at Shoppers and picked up 3 to tuck away for the kids, the guys had the oxipads in it that my son uses so I was happy with the deal!!
    Baked cookies with my granddaughter this morning before we went out and I have a chocolate fudge bundt cake in the oven to bring to the lake tomorrow. My husband is taking some Americans out goose hunting and thought I would pop out with dessert for them. Will pick up ice cream at No Frills on the way.Other than my little jaunt to the lake I will be doing books all weekend, yucky job but I need to get it done.
    Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@saundyl - congratulations on the new job, wtg!

Oh, speaking of cars, how I very much MISS having my own! After mine (she was called Anastasia) died, we didn't replace it right away - and then never did. Really should have pushed to have done it right away. I really miss having the independence. Van husband drives is FULL of tools and parts and materials of all sorts, so he doesn't want me driving it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would have a hard time with the loss of independence! My car broke down 3 yrs ago for 7 weeks and I felt like I was always bumming a ride or stranded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well after ds1 assisting me with the new router only my computer could connect to the network. My internet provider has offered me bringing in my laptop and the new router to add the new router to my pc/network, HOWEVER, the new network/router is on my pc. @saundyl our computer wizard what could possibly be stopping the other laptops and xbox360 from getting the new network on their machines, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Is it a router that's been configure to only allow certain "mac" addresses? (the mac address is the number built in to the network card that acts as the physical address) I've seen routers from isps com preconfigured that way.

Or parental controll settings. Ours locks the boys out at 1pm on weekends so they have to do nonelectronic activities.

this third one shouldn't affect the Xbox but...some older devices don't connect to newer networks because they are a different or older technology. Ie the types of security some routers request is wpa2 and the device only goes as high as wpa.

Did you use the network setup disc ?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you to all about the job

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Just checking in (as I do every so often, haha). It has been a while. I started couponing again recently. It is okay for some items - junk foods like pop, chips and some packaged items like frozen pizzas, eggos, noodles and rice. But mostly I am finding that we are purchasing items at Costco or just price matching - especially for produce and meats.

How has couponing been for everyone else lately? What other ways are you saving money when it comes to produce, meats and eating healthy in general?
    I haven't found any coupons for chips - probably a good thing. No, a really good thing. ALL my pants are tight. Argh! I am *this* close to becoming a yoga-pant-wearing grocery shopper. Mom pants. Sigh. Oh my goodness, I want chips...

Quote Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
    Same here. Just little things at a time. I don't have time to rip apart an entire room in one go. I did ONE cupboard the other day and it took me like half an hour because baby kept trying to help LOL. I threw away like 9 bottles of air freshener I got thanks to coupons. I don't use air freshener... not sure why I didn't throw it away years ago! Guess I was hanging onto it JUST in case lol.

Having my FIRST Norwex Party tonight. eeek! At least it is just at my own house with my friends. Give me a practice before my first really party in two weeks! I never thought I would ever do anything like this so I am pretty excited but also nervous.
    You had the courage to toss them? I give them to my sister-in-law who takes them to the washroom at work. I guess she has very self-conscious co-workers. I'm still going through some of my paperwork. Today, I tossed some old records. I found my old driving test evaluation, my application and payment for my G2, 2007 taxes, etc. Why do I keep these? I am going to break my poor shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well ladies we are a one car family now -hubby and I hashed it over -my car 11 years old is starting to cost money -just got back brakes 85.00 hubby's brother did -my hubby cant do car work he has a degenerating disc in his back and deals with other stuff -now it needs an alternator or starter plus front brakes -it is starting to cost -so we decided to go down to one car -as I am not working -well I babysit ashlyn 8 times a month
    -so saving 647 a year plus a 100 for the sticker plus gas plus repairs -probably up near a 1,000 a year if you factor everything in -I may miss it -but we will have to share -hubby is home from 9.15 in morning til 1.45 so I can always go out then or the evening -I feel good about this as our income may drop in December by a couple hundred
    Congratulations on getting rid of the second car. We've never had one, but I imagine we will within two years. DH finds it a struggle to drive to work for 2 hours after dropping LO off at daycare for 7 AM. Before-school care starts at 7:30 AM, so there will be no way he'll be able to do it when she goes to kindergarten. If I were to be a SAHM, we'd have to move 2 hours north. Both sound expensive.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning all,
    Congrats on the job Saundlyn

AS for coupons I find it harder and harder to coupon there are few I have found we will use (Webber Vitamins in this Month's Wal-Mart magazine) but for the most part if I go shopping without my coupons it is no issue as it is almost shocking when I use a coupon. I just cannot find coupons for things we use.

I am single but I could never imagine only having 1 car but with that being said my huge concern would be working. I live and work in the boonies, we just finally got bus service here but the area I work in bus only goes every 2 hours and with the hours I work it would just not work for me. As well with travelling for work now I leave at the start of the week and at times don't come back till the end of the week so that would be hard. My Oma never drove and I have no idea how she did it living where they do and with kids, personally I never could have done it.

Where has this week gone? Don't get wrong so happy it is Saturday even though I sit here typing this from work with receiving paperwork taking over my desk and the one beside me. It feels like this week flew by and I did not get much done. Oh well what can you do, personally it has been a bit of an emotional week, there is a lot going on and within I had to find the strength to face some things and make some decisions which were hard for me to make. After speaking to various people who different perspectives on the situation I know what I need to do and will go from there, here is hoping we will have a positive outcome that will work for everyone involved.

Well I better get back to this paperwork, have a great day everyone.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information