User Tag List

Page 502 of 654 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

More of an annoyance than a rant: I'm not adding to your YT view count just because you're too lazy to type out your deals. I'm not that interested.
    Natalka, Ciel, salady and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Got passed over on a job today because I don't have full weekend availability(dh works both days most weekends, can't get a sitter for weekends and have to rely on my mom so the best I can do is few hours a couple of Saturday's a month. The company wants someone who's free both days every weekend), even though I specifically asked during my phone interview if the job was Mon-Fri day shifts and was assured that it was. Why waste everyone's time when you knew my availability doesn't suit what you're looking for?
    Or how about being passed over several jobs because you have kids... Like no that wasn't the reason I was given "the other candidate had a sliver more experience" bull but ok! I'm an honest person and I'm honest in my interviews. If you ask why j left my last job I'm going to say "because I could work 6/7 days a week and my asshole boss wanted me to work ONLY on the day I said I didn't have daycare..." (Obviously worded better). I'm not one to tip toe around the fact I'm a mother of two. And is bull that I'm overlooked for that reason. My husband has used being a dad as a strength in his interviews and they ate it up! I talk about wanting to work to find work life balance for myself because I'm not suited to be a stay at home mom, and I want to use my frigging diploma! And I'm overlooked. Double standard much... Frig! Can yah tell I'm bitter as hell about it all? I've had 6? Interviews since I left my last job. Gotten second interviews in all. When my kids come up I'm suddenly under qualified. Why the hell do I need to LIE about the fact I have children and will need to arrange daycare so I'd need 2-3 weeks to get that sorted which is the same God damn time frame someone giving notice would need! Ugh! I'm literally going to stick in my cover letter "I have children, I won't lie about that. If you aren't family friendly and want to break the law and my hire me because I'm a mother then please don't schedule an interview with me and waste my VERY precious time. Thanks!" Ugh ok rant over! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    More of an annoyance than a rant: I'm not adding to your YT view count just because you're too lazy to type out your deals. I'm not that interested.
    The hopeful-for-commission thirst is real on this one. X 2
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Woken up at 5:30 by people yelling outside.
    Body is not being kind, no amount of hot showers and heating pad can make me not stiff.
    Argued with Mom.
    Cat somehow got pee on himself, and the floor, and my bed....

It's only 10:30am...
    barbis9, Ciel, lecale and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OMG...trying to buy from sears online is torture!! they have a big summer clearance & it wont let me check out as guest..ok fine, so i sign in, & want to pick up at store, get as far a select location & continue...Nothing...it keeps taking me back to that page! arrgghhh
    i also cant delete or edit my cart.. SEARS CAN SUCK IT!!!
    barbis9, Ciel and Candini like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    +1
    YT is great and all but I don't have the time to watch the whole video to find out how you got XX for free. I only spend a few seconds to scan the deals to see if there's something I need or can replicate. If I see [video] in the thread title I don't even open it anymore.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Or how about being passed over several jobs because you have kids... Like no that wasn't the reason I was given "the other candidate had a sliver more experience" bull but ok! I'm an honest person and I'm honest in my interviews. If you ask why j left my last job I'm going to say "because I could work 6/7 days a week and my asshole boss wanted me to work ONLY on the day I said I didn't have daycare..." (Obviously worded better). I'm not one to tip toe around the fact I'm a mother of two. And is bull that I'm overlooked for that reason. My husband has used being a dad as a strength in his interviews and they ate it up! I talk about wanting to work to find work life balance for myself because I'm not suited to be a stay at home mom, and I want to use my frigging diploma! And I'm overlooked. Double standard much... Frig! Can yah tell I'm bitter as hell about it all? I've had 6? Interviews since I left my last job. Gotten second interviews in all. When my kids come up I'm suddenly under qualified. Why the hell do I need to LIE about the fact I have children and will need to arrange daycare so I'd need 2-3 weeks to get that sorted which is the same God damn time frame someone giving notice would need! Ugh! I'm literally going to stick in my cover letter "I have children, I won't lie about that. If you aren't family friendly and want to break the law and my hire me because I'm a mother then please don't schedule an interview with me and waste my VERY precious time. Thanks!" Ugh ok rant over! Lol

Oh I know. I haven't run into this recently but I remember when I was a single mom looking for work, I'd get passed over on jobs I was over qualified for because I had a child. But having kids never came into question if you were a guy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Oh I know. I haven't run into this recently but I remember when I was a single mom looking for work, I'd get passed over on jobs I was over qualified for because I had a child. But having kids never came into question if you were a guy.
    It's so annoying. I have ANOTHER interview tomorrow and I'm just done. If this doesn't pan out, I'm just going to stay home with the kids for a bit and give the finger to the workforce....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    It's so annoying. I have ANOTHER interview tomorrow and I'm just done. If this doesn't pan out, I'm just going to stay home with the kids for a bit and give the finger to the workforce....

Good Luck..I have a job interview tomorrow at 3pm for a part time job that makes me allowed to work at my other job well I hope so. Why is it so hard to work...uggg

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Supposed to head home from our vacation today, but the last six hours of our drive home are under severe thunderstorm and tornado watches, so we had to stay an extra day. Not trying to be whiny but I just want to go home to my comfy bed, be able to eat something non organic with gluten and tons of sugar without anyone saying anything about how unhealthy it is, give my sick child medicine without hearing how she doesn't need it, and have a real coffee that doesn't taste like brown flavored water.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

What the heck kind of vacation were you on?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    What the heck kind of vacation were you on?
    OP had posted something about extended family members and her own family getting together for time away.
    Hamilton is under severe thunderstorm watch too but I can hike home when I'm willing to walk in the rain. OP had a family to travel with.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I posted something in August chatter which should be here......Canada Post talking about striking is driving me bonkers.....it's like the Marineland commercials....enough. Every few years Canada Post and the Ontario teachers threaten to strike....like a broken record....grrrrr. Really??? Please give me your job, with all the benefits, accommodations, vacations, sick days, generous pensions etc. I would love to have these things to complain about.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Aug 26th, 2016 at 09:22 AM.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Scammers -
    Just got the CRA scam call. Even though I have heard about this scam and read about people losing money over this scam, it is still pretty jarring to get this call. You initially don't pay very close attention to the fact that it is a recorded phone call, since you are more inclined to listen to the threats made and the overall serious tone of the message.
    I can see how people might be taken for a ride - just wanting to resolve the issues as quickly as possible, make it all go away.
    Not so much of a rant, but a reminder to question everything...
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Scammers -
    Just got the CRA scam call. Even though I have heard about this scam and read about people losing money over this scam, it is still pretty jarring to get this call. You initially don't pay very close attention to the fact that it is a recorded phone call, since you are more inclined to listen to the threats made and the overall serious tone of the message.
    I can see how people might be taken for a ride - just wanting to resolve the issues as quickly as possible, make it all go away.
    Not so much of a rant, but a reminder to question everything...
    I would just hang up on the recorded calls so they tried with a real person. I blistered their ears so they hung up on me. Now they don't bother.

First rant-I caught the #%#%## that was sucking water from my slough and ripped him a new one. Did he not think I would notice the level going down?

Second rant- Our local Homehardware has Xmas trees up
    Just call me Wolfie

Thread Information