User Tag List

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hubby just went and bought a gift card for one of the last gifts -just started wrapping

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went shopping after work last night got everything expect Dad's gift because that store is on the other side of town in a really inconvenient place for will go the location closer to home with better access to the store.

Not a 100% confident in my gifts as quite a few did not answer or gave answers that were not helpful so there were quite a few box sets. It is what it is at this point. I had to get it done as next weekend we are on inventory so we are working so this was my last chance to get out.

Now we just need to buy stuff for our meal and we will be done. Think we will go to Costco this week after work and that will be that.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Still working on the house work to be company ready but I am losing my motivation!! Today's project is making the three layers for this cake, will freeze and ice with a ganache Christmas eve, I have had this treat pinned for a while now. Love the look of it. I odn't love the decorated top so am just going to top it with cherries.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Dec 12th, 2016 at 04:35 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Still working on the house work to be company ready but I am losing my motivation!! Today's project is making the three layers for this cake, will freeze and ice with a ganache Christmas eve, I have had this treat pinned for a while now. Love the look of it. I odn't love the decorated top so am just going to top it with cherries.
    wow, that would be too pretty to eat. let us know how it turns out
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

ooooyyyyy....This years Christmas shopping has me so stressed out.

I was scammed on amazon.ca (4 times by 3rd party sellers) I was waiting 3 weeks for some items which never arrived. Amazon also sent me some wrong products and some damaged things as well.....grr....

Anyways youngest's gifts are still a challenge but I'm done stressing so he will get some cash and he can buy what he wants (BUT he's not a spender, he's actually a miser). Dh will pickup FIL's gift at Canadian Tire, I got the gcs using pc points.

I have enough to do another top level redemption at SDM so that is my plan in the coming weeks.

Feeling blessed with the $880 in pc points and 2 top level redemption and 1x 50k PLUS the other that will be done shortly.

I also received 1 of my 2 $20 leger web cheques so that will be used for odds and ends to wrap up the rest of the Christmas shopping.

I'm hosting Christmas because my folks have nowhere else to go which is sad because I have 2 older brothers, I asked them if they were invited elsewhere and they said no so I felt obligated, I would have loved for MIL to host as we used to alternate years but it's now been 5 years of hosting, oh well my folks won't be around forever, might as well enjoy them while they are still here.

I need to start some Christmas baking, my youngest is a baker so it's just a matter of getting the necessary ingredients and I know he will help.

Happy shopping, baking or just relaxing for those that all prepared.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    wow, that would be too pretty to eat. let us know how it turns out
    I will try to take a picture but it may be iffy if I finish it Christmas eve. It is actually easier than it looks,just melting chocolate on a cookie sheet and breaking it up to put on the cake.What could possibly go wrong!!
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@thriftygranny - that looks amazing! It's very on trend to have the shards of tempered chocolate around a cake like that, I've seen it on several baking shows recently. I can melt chocolate (lol!), but I've never tried to temper chocolate, and I know from watching the baking shows that doing white chocolate is even more difficult - so good luck, I'm sure it will be a showstopper!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks Natalka!! white chocolate is indeed tough to melt. I wanted to do a white chocolate drizzle on some ginger cookies last week and I wasted a cup of white chocolate trying to temper it, was fine one minute and it seized before I could carry the pan to the table. I am going to cheat and buy some of the white dipping wafers, they won't be as delicious as the real thing but it will save me a lot of frustration!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wrapped all the presents...now on to the stockings. Got 2 batches of cookies done yesterday as well. Have to make at least one more batch of shortbreads but ran out of cornstarch. Full pantry..and no cornstarch. What s up with that? I am slipping I guess! Have to pick up a square baking pan then will make 2 batches of gluten free brownies. Then to finish off the cleaning...ugh hate cleaning!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

finished my xmas cards all 12 of them -ready to mail -did a bit more wrapping -adult stockings are done and grandkids stockings too are done

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh you guys are too good! Tonight I start wrapping finally!!!! Even though I have to get up at 5am to get DS to the arena for hockey!! The kitchen is clean so thinking why mess it up? Maybe DS and I will be bad and pick up pizza on the way home then we can start the wrapping right away!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

^^^^^
    I give you permission to pick up pizza, with no guilt.You deserve it!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our public library has a free gift wrapping event tonight. Bring your gifts, the library is supplying all of the paper, ribbons, tags, etc. I'm going to take the kids presents to wrap. It is a free event and it should be fun, as long as Dh is done work on time.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yipppeeee! Everything is wrapped but the kids gifts. I sorted their gifts so I know where I stand. Getting a few things still and I like to wrap it all at the same time. My honey is very helpful and I like wrapping with him and we haven't yet this Christmas season so will do so with him Sunday night (we have plans Fri and Sat night). I still have to pick up the kids Santa gifts but I know what and where so not worried. Going big this year but that is ok. Have the money in my Christmas account with lots left after I pay for these items for Hawaii )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    ^^^^^
    I give you permission to pick up pizza, with no guilt.You deserve it!!
    Thanks I did! DS ate and ran off to his friends house to go tobogganing. Ditched me! Oh well he got some fresh air and did help me wrap a bit before bed.

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information