User Tag List

Page 1674 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 674 1174 1574 1624 1664 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1684 ... LastLast
Results 25,096 to 25,110 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Now as for you @walkonby, I don't think I'm speaking to you.

4 batches of snowballs, 2 more different cookies, pastry for chicken pies, what's next, a soufflé? You sure are showing the rest of us up, esp. me.
    I've got company coming every day except tomorrow and Christmas, so I've got a ton of baking to do.

Hey, are you for hire?

Didn't think so, so this is just for you.

Attachment 324024
    Hi @22hicks !! You too @Lynn49 !!

I tell you, sometimes I just get into a mood, get a burst of excitement and energy and off I go into the kitchen. The cookie making was unplanned, but that is what happens when you watch You Tube cooking videos, you get inspired!

As far as the other stuff goes, if I don't try to prep as many things ahead then on Xmas Day I would never get to mingle, drink and take part in the conversations. We serve 3-4 courses ( it has proven to be quite fun with our grown kids assisting as waiters/servers) with some waiting in between each one, the portions are very small, not a filling item, but just enough to make yummy sounds over.
    Then we leave the table for a few hours, chit chat, open presents and when we return it is to have the main meal, this year I'm stuffing and tying 2 large turkey breasts together to make a lovely roll that can be sliced, a ham and all the sides. Should be fun.
    Gosh, today was another blur of a day....but more things got prepped.

hey, now this is funny!
    So I just " felt " like getting myself a pretty Xmas apron and went to RCSS thinking maybe in the oven mitts, tea towels area, but struck out. Headed over to the Thrift store, they are having a 50% off all Xmas things. I find a funny red Xmas apron for $1.50, couple of Xmas hand towels and then at the cash I see a piece of fabric that looks Christmassy, so I'm thinking I can just sew myself one.
    Can you believe what that fabric was? It was a pre-stamped pattern for an apron!! ha ha All Gingerbread men on it and Mr and Mrs Claus on it too.
    Just $2.00! I found an old piece of fabric here to line it and it looks so cute!
    ( yeah, I just had to sew it up as soon as I got home......lol. )
    o.k. folks, I am really beat, I did read a few posts, trying to remember now, oh yes @Darth Penguin I hope Mr P. is out of intensive care ( prayers to you both ), @Newfiescreech I am glad your flight finally landed you at home. @avoncallingu oh I sure feel for your DH having Vertigo, but make sure you get that chance to rest yourself though.

Time to call it a night soon for me, cheers everyone!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I just wanna talk to Mr P.....
    How is he? Aren't they letting you stay at the hospital with him?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Fam.
    Another busy day...everyone wants things done before the holidays!
    Stay warm, have a great day folks.
    DANGER

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    How is he? Aren't they letting you stay at the hospital with him?
    He's still sedated. They are talking about letting him wake up today or tomorrow. i can't stay as I still have kids at school. So I need to be here for them.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning my friends. I hope you have an awesome day.

Name:  stripper pole.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  49.5 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Lynn49 - you've been awol; I hope everything's alright.

@Darth Penguin, what's wrong with him.

@Natalka, so sorry to hear about your DS. He has had a rough time lately.

@walkonby, I get it. That'll be me for the next few days. Bake, dishes, cook, dishes, clean up and bake again. lol

Thank you @Natalka, and @avoncallingu. Yes, I hope we can build a relationship, and that it's not too late.
    Ok, have to get my butt in gear. Have a good day every1.

Name:  10606423_10154956076155595_5820582625398044720_n.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  48.7 KB

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning crew! yes, it does feel much like I am running a ship here so it has spilled over into my words....ha ha
    All's quiet for the moment, the household is still in la-la land, even the doggies don't prance and dance around asking to go out for a walk when I come down in the morning, they settle in for a hug session on the couch first, then go for a quick piddle 'n poop out back.
    Thought I best get the 3 work lunches made early, then have some relax time and it has worked out fine. Everyone got the same in their dishes, a slice of a Schneiders meat pie ( Tourtiere? ) and some home made fries. Sure wasn't feeling creative there, but it'll do.
    Gosh, what has been happening in the news? I missed watching for just a bit and see there has been an assassination and a driver smashing through a crowded Christmas venue? I have no right to even pretend I know what suffering is compared to what other Countries are repeatedly facing.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Have I been awol?? I guess it's been a little busy around here, and yesterday DD phoned and invited us out for lunch with her DH, so off we went. I had hoped that I could have gone grocery shopping with DH, but I still get very tired walking with a cane and doing that in RCSS would have just been too much and I hate being in a wheelchair! So I came home. And snuggled with Jenny.

Off to a doctor's appt this afternoon, why, I'm not sure but iirc, he wanted me to go for another ultrasound on my right ankle to see if there's any more hardening of my arteries there. I guess it has been 3 months....
    @Darth Penguin , I'm continuing my prayers for your DH and hope that he's able to be awakened today so that you can speak with him...my goodness, what happened that put him into that scary situation?? With everything going on this time of year, it must be very difficult for you to cope with kids, Christmas preparations everyone likely expects at this time of year, and now your Husband in the hospital. I'm so sorry for what you're all going through right now and pray he'll be home soon.
    @Natalka : oh, heavens, poor Milan. He was so smart to get that looked-into (unlike our DD who has YET to book her ultrasound!!). I hope it doesn't develop into anything more serious...poor kid.
    @walkonby , you truly exhaust me, Sweetie, but you're such a great Mom, and you enjoy your family so much, I'm not surprised at all you do for them, and I'm pretty darn sure they appreciate all you do. Just rest now and then so you don't tire yourself out to the point of making yourself sick...goodness knows we have enough of that going on around here. Hugs, SuperMom!
    @22hicks , I've seen this so many times; we live long enough that we realize that, as Avon (I think?) posted, people finally figure things out for themselves and it looks like your GD is reaching out to her Grandmother, and that's such a wonderful Christmas blessing! It's the time of miracles, and I think you're in the middle of experiencing a big one! I'm so, SO happy for you!!

Off to grab brunch here, then get ready for my appointment, ipad and "A Christmas Carol" in hand.

Have a wonderful day, everyone and wherever you go, bring all the patience you can muster with you!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks every1. @Lynn49 , I'm happy to hear you've just been busy, but now @dededi is awol. I guess that happens with us all being so busy this time of year. I hope you're ok @dededi .

I had a friend visiting this morning, and a couple from the church this afternoon. Now it seems my friend is being discharged from the hospital today or tomorrow, and he'll be staying with me for awhile.
    I've made a batch of those snowballs, and cinnamon buns for my guests today, but my baking starts in ernest tomorrow, plus I now have more grocery shopping to do with a guest.
    Enjoy your evening, and try to take some time for yourself too.

Ok, I've got to walk Jake before it gets any later.

Name:  12310531_10153769875112008_5736480291476182939_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  46.1 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, hicks, you have such a BIG heart!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hooray for hicks and her snowballs! Oh man, I bagged and double tied the bags of ours and yet some have gone missing!! They are so delicious eh hicks?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Hooray for hicks and her snowballs! Oh man, I bagged and double tied the bags of ours and yet some have gone missing!! They are so delicious eh hicks?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    now stop that! By the way I loved your previous dancing owl!! he was on skates right?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thread Information