User Tag List

Page 47 of 113 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Cooking in a cast iron frying pan also brings up your iron if your very low. We have a history of anemia in my family so I know lots of tricks. Make sure, even though everyone feels horrible most times to get your 15 min of sun so you dont end up with low vitamin D.

I'm sorry Skippy about the news. I think about you often and hope for good things for you
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    As suspected, another waste of time
    Darn! The only silver lining (I'm an optimist, what can I say) is that everything they rule out is one less thing to worry about.

Answers, however, would be nice.

Hope you're feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    In the meantime try to stay cool I understand its been very very hot there.
    We've got a lovely heat wave. Temps in the 30s (feels like 40s with humidity). Sucks for most people that have health issues, I seem to be the only one whose pain goes away in the heat. So I'm in heaven (don't even have the a/c on).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good gracious, was going to ask a lame question about
    swollen foot,,, hoping pain goes away for everyone
    if you click on vid,,,wait a bit - you might like it!!!

if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    LOVE this aria! Thanks!

Swelling can be painful. What part of your foot? Top or sides or ankle?

Heat can cause it. Or if you've gone out to dinner, sometimes there's more salt in the food than you're used to.

I have a couple of tricks that work (used to have lots of swelling when I was on dialysis, & couldn't take any meds for it). Lie on the couch, with your feet up on the back of the couch (or lie on the floor with your feet on the couch - can also strengthen abdominal muscles by doing exercises at the same time ). Also try soaking your feet in lukewarm water. Just plain water, no epsom salts. Don't know why, but lukewarm water works better than hot or cold for swelling (at least it did for me).

Also, if you can, drink lots of water. Sometimes you need to flush the junk out of your system.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    if you click on vid,,,wait a bit - you might like it!!!

Don't be afraid to ask , my DD had her foot broken and has had a wonderful recovery but it still swells a but on occasion (like when she jumped on trampoline) she usually puts it up and ice packs on occasion. I agree about the salt I swell up to the point it hurts to move my fingers and feet. I usually drink more water to help flush it out.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Pain really sucked today, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

How did your day go? Hopefully, you felt better.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your pain Skippy Hopefully today will be less painful for you. I'm a little worried and scared today to go to the doctors. I have something funny going on with my legs, when I squeeze from knee to foot on both legs they feel like silly putty and leave indents for hours. I tried looking it up on the net but the same things pop up about it being related to heart issues. My Dad just had quadruple bypass and he is 62. He had his first heart attack at 40, I'm 30. No grandparent of mine lived past 60 and all my Dad's family has a history of heart disease. Wish me luck everyone!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    Sorry to hear about your pain Skippy Hopefully today will be less painful for you. I'm a little worried and scared today to go to the doctors. I have something funny going on with my legs, when I squeeze from knee to foot on both legs they feel like silly putty and leave indents for hours. I tried looking it up on the net but the same things pop up about it being related to heart issues. My Dad just had quadruple bypass and he is 62. He had his first heart attack at 40, I'm 30. No grandparent of mine lived past 60 and all my Dad's family has a history of heart disease. Wish me luck everyone!
    Wishing you a rainbow of luck, hope your apt goes well.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thats it Skippy always look forward to tomorrow being better than today. I hope you have many good days.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Prayer offered on your behalf.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I want to do things, yet my body won't allow me, or tells me afterwards it wasn't a good idea.
    If I don't keep active, I will end up with greater problems.
    Thank you all for your encouragement,support and prayers.
    It is good to know that I am not alone in this, and I hope others here feel the same way.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks Tidy and Skippy, the condition is called pitting edema from what I gather from Web MD but I have no idea what could be causing it. My liver is screwed up but I dont think it's related. I'll see what the doc says when I get there.

The really disappointing thing about being sick physically, is the fact that my brain doesn't allow me to accept it. I still want to do everything I did and it's really frustrating not being able to. I was hoping that I could go back to work this year but I'm not sure that is going to happen, my doctor said he wasn't giving me clearance to go back yet since I have a bunch of unknown symptoms on my chart and a few things that are not fixed. My caseworker at disability wants me to fill out papers for it but I cant bring myself to do it because I feel once I sign it, I'll never feel good again.

I'm all freaking out this morning about this because I looked it up on the internet and it has nothing good written there.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I want to do things, yet my body won't allow me, or tells me afterwards it wasn't a good idea.
    If I don't keep active, I will end up with greater problems.
    Thank you all for your encouragement,support and prayers.
    It is good to know that I am not alone in this, and I hope others here feel the same way.
    I know completely how you feel Skippy, anytime you need someone, there are many of us in the same boat.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks Tidy and Skippy, the condition is called pitting edema from what I gather from Web MD but I have no idea what could be causing it. My liver is screwed up but I dont think it's related. I'll see what the doc says when I get there.

The really disappointing thing about being sick physically, is the fact that my brain doesn't allow me to accept it. I still want to do everything I did and it's really frustrating not being able to. I was hoping that I could go back to work this year but I'm not sure that is going to happen, my doctor said he wasn't giving me clearance to go back yet since I have a bunch of unknown symptoms on my chart and a few things that are not fixed. My caseworker at disability wants me to fill out papers for it but I cant bring myself to do it because I feel once I sign it, I'll never feel good again.

I'm all freaking out this morning about this because I looked it up on the internet and it has nothing good written there.
    Web MD can be a blessing or a curse-I speak from experience.
    As for Disability papers, if you're entitled to something, you might as well
    go for it. Every little bit helps.
    Never give up hope, and live one day, sometimes hour at a time.

Page 47 of 113 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread Information