User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to May 2017's frugal chatter thread
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay to May!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1406.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  19.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    May already, WOW I do not feel like it should be May but I am happy to see the longer days and warmer temps.

Yesterday we tackled the living room, we did not get it all done but I must say I am quite happy with how far we got (I did not expect us to get that far before Mom was done). She has also opened up a bit more on where she sees things going which will make it easier for me to work on things well she isn't home.

I took another 4 or 5 bags of garbage (I lost track) a lot of this was due to finding a mouse nest in a container where the lid was not fastened properly and they were able to get in. Also discovered 2 boxes of papers Mom thought she still needed were actually sorted and just need to go out to recycling, one has been taken out the second one is quite heavy so I need to break it down so I can get it out. Unless the weather changes it does not look like this will happen today but hopefully over the next couple of days I can get it done.

Mom seems a lot more willing to part with things right now which is always a good sign. There was a lot of stuff tucked into bins that last time we cleaned up she wanted to keep which is why we packed it in bins but this time around it she kept asking why we were keeping it. Anytime she asked I would just reply I did not not know as it was all her stuff she was holding on too.

We also have a large bin of items I can post for sale. There is a lot of Knick Knack stuff we are getting rid of which makes me happy as one I find it a pain to clean all of these items but 2 because like everything else in our house we just have too much and there is not enough room for everything. I did not get anything posted yesterday as I was very tired and sore when we were done but I will work on getting it posted this week after work.

So far I had 1 pick up yesterday for $5 and another one scheduled for tomorrow for $15. Hoping to get a few more scheduled and get the stuff out of the house.

Well time to get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy May 1st! Rainy day here. I started the month/day off right. Made coffee and smoothies at home this morning. Tonight I will make oatmeal for the next few days breakfast. I will go home at lunch and make something to eat and hang up the laundry in the washer to dry. Will keep at the laundry tonight.

I need to clean out my purse so thinking I will grab a new purse out of my closet and switch it up. So tonight is purse clean out and laundry. I like to take it easy Monday nights so usually nothing gets done so this is something at least.

Hope everyone has a great day and month!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok this is a good start to May. Went to look at my bank account to pay my MasterCard $12.43 that I owed for a purchase on the weekend (a few groceries, went thru self checkout and can't pay with cash there) And my tax refund was in!!!
    Felt good to pay back accounts that I borrowed from. Now to write cheque to pay for DS's 2017/2018 hockey season and be done with it. I think I would like a new bike since my oldest warped mine taking jumps in the park . I always buy if needed outdoor activities with some of refund. I think being active/outside is important for everyone.

I didn't really buy groceries on the weekend. We had our meals planned and had most stuff on hand (fahitas Friday. Chicken tetrazzini Saturday night. Sunday- leftovers/fend for yourself) We even delivered dinner to Grandma Saturday night. We are going to start doing this more often. It's hard to have her for dinner since we are always on the go and usually eat late so this way we give her food and she can eat it the next day. DS brought his leftover pasta to eat at Grandma's last night since he was hanging out there for Wifi
    22hicks, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it finally feels like spring has arrived here-looking forward to mid 20's by the end of the week. I just went out for a walk but trying to keep it to short stints these days as I have had hip pain the last while. Off to physio on Thursday and then if that doesn't help perhaps my doc. Thinking it could be sciatica but not really sure.

My Mum and aunt arrive for a visit tomorrow so it will be nice to see them. They and 4 other family members are heading for an Alaskan cruise on Sunday.

Our daughter informed me this a.m. that she has just 6 weeks of high school classes left-and then exams. I think she is ready to be done.

Expensive times ahead with high school grad and uni coming up but thankfully all is budgeted for. I am still doing childcare 1-2 times a week because I enjoy it and for fun money! Tonight I am planning a lazy oven meal of sausage, baked potatoes, baked apples and some veggies and or salad..

By the way I have recently discovered that asparagus tastes way better if you stir fry it in a bit of oil rather than steaming. It is crispier and brighter green and quite yummy.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I flipped one calendar page ahead to May but have two more calendars to advance when I get home.

Was glad to empty the last cup and a half of whole wheat flour from the bag to use in my pizza dough for lunch (I added in white all-purpose flour to make the rest of the dough). Aside from a tin of pizza sauce, there were no toppings until I remembered my California mix veggies, which I boiled in water seasoned with mild curry powder. The curry added some needed zip to the veggies!
    Yesterday-got a silk scarf (some handhemmed edges) for $1 and second trip, I got the larger navy pants that met my fabric blend and pocket requirements for $6 at Value Village's 50% off sale. Fitting room lineup was long but needed in order to find which of three navy pants suited-one pair I had not realized were capris until I got one leg and oops, not interested. Another pair of pants had low-rise waist, so another no. My last hope would have been a linen men's shirt (liked the colour) if none of the pants fit/worked out-wisely I had a rolling basket with me so I knew one thing would get purchased out of the four. Then I was able to find customers with many hangers willing to take my empty basket after I was done with the fitting room.
    Longo's Ancaster had its health fair so I got my chat with the corporate dietitian and another chat with the person doing Coke Zero samples. I also had picked up 50% off multigrain bread on my morning trip as the winds were unreal before the VV sale started so I warmed up in Longos!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -really impressed that your Mom is ready to let some things in the bins go! Really good reading how both of you are noticing how you have changed in some ways. Progress-calls for a celebration!
    @Frugalbigmama -there's a June 10 butter tart event north of Toronto! https://www.facebook.com/events/1291209407653362/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Haha I forgot to move to the new thread today. I washed one more load of laundry today. I folded and put away 4 large loads of laundry. I think I'll wait and wash the dress clothes another day. It looks like I have a good variety of summer clothes, same goes for most of our kids.

My SIL's family was late to arrive in town, so my twin nephews will be dropped off tomorrow morning. I had someone call to inquire about daycare. She found my poster at the mall. She is currently looking for a job, so I'll wait to see if I hear back from her.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had someone call to inquire about daycare. She found my poster at the mall. She is currently looking for a job, so I'll wait to see if I hear back from her.
    Hope that works out for you!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, May 1st, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
    22hicks, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well ladies had to get back on here -have had the worst 5 days of my life -my daughter came Friday with sebastian for a little stay -the news isn't good she is getting a divorce in time-I have cried with her and had many sleepless past few nights (gee our kids need us no matter what age)I bought her diapers at fortinos and used my points for a redemption last night and bought her a formula -thank you tweets for the trade for the 2-8.00 Enfamil cpns (it really helped)
    -one good thing he will help with the baby-sometimes life is hard but I believe my daughter will get thru this tough time with the love of all of us
    22hicks, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    May already, WOW I do not feel like it should be May but I am happy to see the longer days and warmer temps.

Yesterday we tackled the living room, we did not get it all done but I must say I am quite happy with how far we got (I did not expect us to get that far before Mom was done). She has also opened up a bit more on where she sees things going which will make it easier for me to work on things well she isn't home.

I took another 4 or 5 bags of garbage (I lost track) a lot of this was due to finding a mouse nest in a container where the lid was not fastened properly and they were able to get in. Also discovered 2 boxes of papers Mom thought she still needed were actually sorted and just need to go out to recycling, one has been taken out the second one is quite heavy so I need to break it down so I can get it out. Unless the weather changes it does not look like this will happen today but hopefully over the next couple of days I can get it done.

Mom seems a lot more willing to part with things right now which is always a good sign. There was a lot of stuff tucked into bins that last time we cleaned up she wanted to keep which is why we packed it in bins but this time around it she kept asking why we were keeping it. Anytime she asked I would just reply I did not not know as it was all her stuff she was holding on too.

We also have a large bin of items I can post for sale. There is a lot of Knick Knack stuff we are getting rid of which makes me happy as one I find it a pain to clean all of these items but 2 because like everything else in our house we just have too much and there is not enough room for everything. I did not get anything posted yesterday as I was very tired and sore when we were done but I will work on getting it posted this week after work.

So far I had 1 pick up yesterday for $5 and another one scheduled for tomorrow for $15. Hoping to get a few more scheduled and get the stuff out of the house.

Well time to get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone.
    Strike while the iron is hot as they say.

I hope she doesn't change her mind on the knick knacks since they are still in the house.

Great news all the way around
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl so sorry to hear about your daughters marital problems, can they seek counselling or something before making the final decision.
    @Angela273 take it easy don't overdue it with your nephews, they are lucky to have you, I hope they offer to pay you or compensate you in some way as it only seems right

++++++++++++++++++++++

Holy frigin' rain....since yesterday and until Wed night.....nice Thursday then rain again Friday/sat/sun...eek

So we have chickens but still need to put the coop door on which will be done if the dang rain stops hopefully before Thursday and then they can move into their forever home (lol) or as long as they lay their eggs.

Finalized my budget today

Wishing everyone a great evening

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information