User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Bad flu was cancer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two months ago we thought it was just a really bad flu. Couldn't see a doctor because that is next to impossible here in Quebec, especially when you can't hold yourself up because you're sick. Finally ended up having to call an ambulance ($$$!!!) and we have just recently been told that it is 2 types of blood cancer....the easy one to treat and the difficult one to treat. I've been at the hospital visiting my spouse 2-3/day for the past 2 months. One day everything is just hunky-dory, and the next day....wham!

Can't stop crying over this. We've been together for over 20 years....were just starting to make plans for retirement. I am just past 5 years survivor of breast cancer....gosh, what are we doing wrong? Don't smoke, don't drink, eat healthy....I don't understand.

Completely alone in all of this too....navigating as an English-speaking person in Quebec is a different and persistent type of pain of of its own.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by GatineauGirl; Fri, May 19th, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dearest GatineauGirl:

From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry you and your family are going through such difficult trials. I know what it is like to watch someone you love suffer from cancer. If I may give some advice. Please, take care of yourself. I realize this is not easy, but if you get sick to, than this will make things even worse. Take all the help you are offered. This is the time to lean on others, believe me- you can not do this on your own.

With love and prayers always. Maggie.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Oh dear. What horrid news. So sorry to be reading this. Healthy healing vibes sent.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very sorry to hear this - keeping you in my prayers and with positive, healing thoughts.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

GatineauGirl sending you good wishes, be strong.
    Last edited by bluerose; Sun, May 21st, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thinking of you my dear friend
    http://www.clixsense.com/?3468936

Qriket referral code. ACF353

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry to hear this news .keeping u and the family in my thought and prayers through this difficult time .i

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Two months ago we thought it was just a really bad flu. Couldn't see a doctor because that is next to impossible here in Quebec, especially when you can't hold yourself up because you're sick. Finally ended up having to call an ambulance ($$$!!!) and we have just recently been told that it is 2 types of blood cancer....the easy one to treat and the difficult one to treat. I've been at the hospital visiting my spouse 2-3/day for the past 2 months. One day everything is just hunky-dory, and the next day....wham!

Can't stop crying over this. We've been together for over 20 years....were just starting to make plans for retirement. I am just past 5 years survivor of breast cancer....gosh, what are we doing wrong? Don't smoke, don't drink, eat healthy....I don't understand.

Completely alone in all of this too....navigating as an English-speaking person in Quebec is a different and persistent type of pain of of its own.
    Name:  IMG_0746.JPG
Views: 631
Size:  18.7 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, everyone....feeling scared and alone until I read your comments....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Very sad , i keep you both in my prayers, hoping it can be cured

Stay strong and Try (I Know it's not easy) to take some times for yourself
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So sorry to hear of this.May you&yours know much grace,peace,comfort and strength through this difficult time.Prayer offered.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, everyone....feeling scared and alone until I read your comments....
    Name:  IMG_0799.GIF
Views: 470
Size:  22.0 KB
    Thinking about you Gatineau Girl.. your never alone . God is always by your side and watching over you .. sending my thoughts and prayers sweetie

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I was lucky. The hospital Mr P where was taken into ICU made sure that I had staff who could speak to me in English or they went out of their way to get some-one who could translate for me. But I feel your pain on this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will pray for you and your family!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The worst case has happened....I have lost the love of my life and I am heartbroken. I can't see straight for crying....feeling so, so alone. I have no one here with me, and have been going to the hospital 3x a day for the past 7 months....it all feels overwhelming and so painful. Got lost yesterday trying to find the lawyers office....how am I supposed to get through this?
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information