User Tag List

Page 272 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 282 322 372 772 1272 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    May not have the spirit to watch another Jays game tonight, feeling so deflated.
    Stroman is on the mound though, so I'll try to watch.
    Wow, I took Jake for his evening walk.
    Missed the 1st 2 innings, and the Jays are up 5 - 0, with 4 home runs.
    Go figure.
    I hope they keep piling on the runs.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My gosh Hicks! Critical condition! Prayers and healing thoughts!

One (well maybe 2) words for you, @Lynn49 - Doctor's Office.

Natalka - RU getting home care to help your DH and U?

I have some sad news but nothing compared to what you people are experiencing!

Sadie, has taken a backward turn since
    my brother's cat moved in. She got spooked as some people came into the building and bit a little girl -not badly but broke the skin. The girl's parents were not really upset just wanted to know if Sadie had her rabies shots up to date.

But I realized that things were not getting better. I have decided to re-home her through a rescue group that I know will find her the best home. If she were to really injure someone -especially a child-I would never forgive myself.

They have said that they would take her soon -when they find an appropriate foster placement for her.

I will have to drive her down to Chatham. That will be very hard but best for her in the long run.

Still thinking of you all!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    My gosh Hicks! Critical condition! Prayers and healing thoughts!

One (well maybe 2) words for you, @Lynn49 - Doctor's Office.

Natalka - RU getting home care to help your DH and U?

I have some sad news but nothing compared to what you people are experiencing!

Sadie, has taken a backward turn since
    my brother's cat moved in. She got spooked as some people came into the building and bit a little girl -not badly but broke the skin. The girl's parents were not really upset just wanted to know if Sadie had her rabies shots up to date.

But I realized that things were not getting better. I have decided to re-home her through a rescue group that I know will find her the best home. If she were to really injure someone -especially a child-I would never forgive myself.

They have said that they would take her soon -when they find an appropriate foster placement for her.

I will have to drive her down to Chatham. That will be very hard but best for her in the long run.

Still thinking of you all!
    Hi Avon..so sorry hear news about Sadie ..to bad things couldn't workout .. thinking about you ..sad things we have do .. In our life time .guess we have take good with bad ..thinking about you sweetie Take good care yourself
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Newfiescreech!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, okay, @avoncallingu ....I hear ya and after my DH gets back from getting our windshield replaced because something cracked it while he was driving home, he'll take me to our doc's clinic. Maybe if I can get a "boot" it'll help me be more comfortable without walking on my heel with that foot. I continue to feel to stupid!!!

I'm also sorry about Sadie, that sweet little girl....damn it her original owners didn't have time to socialize her!! It's never the pup's fault, but they get blamed anyway, it's always stupid, ignorant owners!! There. I'm done. I'm sure Sadie will find the kind of home that someone like my DH will take the time to gently persuade her to be trained and well bahaved. He has such a gentle way with dogs, they just do what he asks them to do somehow. I just hug and spoil them!
    @22hicks , that's such a relief that your DIL is now in a much more stable condition...you all must be able to take deep breaths now and just support her recovery. Poor kid, and what a scare for everyone. Now you can sleep soundly tonight and dream sweetly.

G'night everyone....stay safely tucked into bed and dream beautiful dreams...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, avon, so very sorry about Sadie!
    Husband doesn't need homecare, but our son is helping us out with household things. Today he did the cooking for supper once I had everything cut up and ready - but there was a bit of excitement when an element caught fire! (one I don't use and was probably either greasy or had something under the element).
    Husband continues to do well - I swear he got more colour today, and he's much more steady.

hicks, so good your DIL is getting good care, she continues to be in my prayers

Lynn - hope your foot is better soon!

Good night, all!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

@Natalka , very glad to hear that your Husband is doing well and as you say it, getting his colour back!
    @avoncallingu , happy to hear that nothing more came of the mishap with Sadie.
    @22hicks , thoughts and prayers for your DIL.
    @Lynn49 , hope your foot/leg/shin feels better soon (is it a shin splint maybe?)
    @walkonby , sounds like you have your meal preps down to a science! Wanna come cook up a storm for me?

@dededi , @cabmonk , @flemth, @Newfiescreech ...Good morning

man...I seem to miss a lot when I'm not here posting...I'm sorry if I've missed anyone else and any news/updates in your posts.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Aug 24th, 2017 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Smart Canucks editing going funky on me...
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@danger_dan

Good morning everyone else too lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Name:  thursday_017.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  59.1 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning one and all!
    Our Jays nearly BLEW it again in the 9th, but hung on for the 7-6 win! AND so many HR's by our guys too!
    Even the back-catcher got his first one! By the way @22hicks , did you happen to see if that fan eventually surrendered the ball so Raffi could have it back? I had flipped the channel for a few minutes and just caught the tail end with Pat and Buck saying something about it. Hoping the situation with your DIL is better.

Oh @avoncallingu that must have been a tough decision for you to let Sadie go....I would feel the same though if heaven forbid another bite occurred with a child and it was worse.
    @Lynn49 taking your lead and blocking out CNN today.....a body can only absorb so much " orange toxicity " ....that means Trump btw....lol!!! Maybe getting a boot to wear is the answer? Hope you can get back to where you were before this latest mishap.
    @danger_dan yeah, cooking for me is often a love/hate sort of thing but my problem is I just refuse to give up the control....ha ha They eat what I cook basically or they don't eat. Oh wait, tbh they eat badly ordering Take Out more often if I don't have a planned menu.

A quiet day here, not much on the docket except game 3 at 2 p.m. GO JAYS GO!!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quick question since I'm just renting this tiny room and can't change carpet or anything. The carpet is really flat and worn out, I was wondering about buying these interlocking foam mat squares. I can cover about 90% of my room with it. Would it be ok on top of the carpet, keep in mind like I said the carpet is really flat almost not a carpet actually since it's so flat lol. I think 5 packs of 4 would be about $70.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Aug 24th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping the Jays pull out a win today!

It's going to be a warm day - and it's really windy.

Today is my +Dad's birthday, so thinking of him a lot today. He was born in 1920; sure wish I could have seen him get 'old'....

So our son will be moving next week - he's currently living in a house with a couple he's known since high school, and they just bought a home on an acreage about 20 minutes out of the city - and they wanted him to move with them.
    However, he got some not-so-good news as well - it looks like his employer won't be hiring him back full-time after his medical leave. They have offered some hours, though. So he's not sure what to do; he'll have to figure that out.

Hoping to head for a nap soon. The meds are wreaking havoc with my guts, no surprize there. I still feel like crap.
    Husband is doing really well!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Quick question since I'm just renting this tiny room and can't change carpet or anything. The carpet is really flat and worn out, I was wondering about buying these interlocking foam mat squares. I can cover about 90% of my room with it. Would it be ok on top of the carpet, keep in mind like I said the carpet is really flat almost not a carpet actually since it's so flat lol. I think 5 packs of 4 would be about $70.
    Those mats will work fine for the application you propose.
    Just keep in mind that they may trap moisture underneath them, which may lead to mold growth.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, was just wondering about them. Wouldn't be wall to wall completely but I will definitely have to look into it further to make sure there are no issues.

Thread Information