User Tag List

Page 274 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 374 774 1274 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Someone posted something on facebook about customers in retail. It made me think back to when I worked at a hotel in Vancouver. I had a customer call at about 3am wondering if I could get something out of lost and found for him. I told him the log book shows it is there but I don't have access to the housekeeping lost and found overnight. They want to make sure there are only a few people with access so stuff doesn't go missing so it's only open while housekeeping is there from 8am to 5pm. He says so you're just gonna pass the buck huh? My response: How is not being able to get into a locked room I don't have a key for passing the buck?? lol. He went on to call me lazy and I couldn't be bothered to get off my butt. Yeah I guess the part about me not having the key just went right in one ear and out the other.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Aug 24th, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!
    Well, the Dr wants me to get an x-ray tomorrow morning to rule out a fracture which I don't think I have, so I'll call our Dr in the afternoon to find out the results.

So here's a story....DH called Speedy Autoglass yesterday, got a $639 quote for our windshield replacement, assuring him it was"the best they could do", so booked an appt for this morning at 10am. At 8am he wanted another quote of course, so called Sudbury Auto Glass, got a quote for $362!! Naturally he booked with them, then called Seedy back to cancel. They asked him why and he told them. THEN, he asked my DH if he would let them match Sudbury Auto Glass's quote!! Omg, he laughed and said, "No thanks" and hung up. In OTHER words....."You were going to gouge me yesterday, but today you're able to match their fee?!" Can you believe that?!

Life, eh? Interesting if nothing else...😊
    Have a lovely evening, everyone!
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Up late-
    I am thinking about...... try not to laugh....(not at the content but at the timing) trying to make bibs for retirement home residents that look like the tops of Lederhosen (for the men) and dirndls (for the women) for upcoming Oktoberfest celebrations here. Then they could wear a clothing protector when eating without "losing face.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam!
    TGIF!

So glad the weekend is finally here.
    Outdoor theatre show tonight with the Lady for date night and Jays game with the BIL and his GF tomorrow afternoon. Going to be a good weekend.
    Have a wonderful day folks, and great weekend (If I'm not back to wish you all one before the end of the day)
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone, I hope U have a really good Friday!
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  9.7 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. So much has happen in a day. Busy getting everything ready for my DD move to university. @avoncallingu I know that your heart is broken since u have to re home Sadie I am sure she would have another loving family to care for her @Natalka hope u and your DH recovery is on track prayers every day for a quick recovery I am sure even though Milan has a curve ball thrown his way he will be okay since he have two loving parents @Lynn49 hoping the X-ray back ok hoping u are not in too much pain. @danger_dan sounds like you have a busy weekend .Date nights are always great @22hicks still praying for your DIL full recovery quickly. Everyone have a great day
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I have some sad news but nothing compared to what you people are experiencing!
    Sadie, has taken a backward turn since
    my brother's cat moved in. She got spooked as some people came into the building and bit a little girl -not badly but broke the skin. The girl's parents were not really upset just wanted to know if Sadie had her rabies shots up to date.
    But I realized that things were not getting better. I have decided to re-home her through a rescue group that I know will find her the best home. If she were to really injure someone -especially a child-I would never forgive myself.
    They have said that they would take her soon -when they find an appropriate foster placement for her.
    I will have to drive her down to Chatham. That will be very hard but best for her in the long run.
    Still thinking of you all!
    Oh @avoncallingu - that's horrible news. Just what you need right now, another loss. I'm so sorry.
    Poor Sadie, that poor little girl, and you of course.
    It sounds like you've made the right decision, but certainly not an easy one. It's such a sin that her previous owners didn't take their responsibilities seriously. Not fair to Sadie or you.
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. I hope you have a great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So our son will be moving next week - he's currently living in a house with a couple he's known since high school, and they just bought a home on an acreage about 20 minutes out of the city - and they wanted him to move with them.
    However, he got some not-so-good news as well - it looks like his employer won't be hiring him back full-time after his medical leave. They have offered some hours, though. So he's not sure what to do; he'll have to figure that out.

Hoping to head for a nap soon. The meds are wreaking havoc with my guts, no surprize there. I still feel like crap.
    Husband is doing really well!
    Boy, almost every1 here is having such a tough time.

Your family is having a rough go of it lately @Natalka. I'm glad your DH is doing alright, and I hope you're improving too, but that seems really unfair to your DS. Things just have to turn around, and soon I hope.

I hope the x-ray doesn't show that your foot has anything broken @Lynn49, but I'm really glad you went to get it checked out. Smart thing to do.

My DIL is doing much better. She's no longer critical, & in a 'normal' room, only 2 doors from ICU though. There doesn't seem to be any permanent damage to her heart or lungs. Yesterday they found another huge aneurysm in the artery of her left groin, so with that & those in her lungs, she's on some heavy-duty clot busters, and can't move, in case they shift. They estimate that she'll be in for about another 5 days or so, but at least she's much better than she was. She's still on oxygen, but her heart rate has slowed from 140 to 82. Almost normal again.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Fri, Aug 25th, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good grief @22hicks ! When it rains it pours around sc lately huh? Glad your DIL has made a slight upgrade in improvement but she still needs a close watch. It is times like these that I praise our Universal Health care system! Just imagine what her care would cost her in the USA.

What a laugh @Lynn49 about those windshield estimates! Night and day with those 2 companies. Hoping your x-ray shows no fracture.
    Had a very satisfying morning....well you know.....anytime I can play " beat the clock " wrt to hydro I love it!

Awoke early again so I tossed a load of damp clothes into the dryer and started prepping to make 2 Shepherd's Pie's and 3 large pizzas.

la, la ,la chopping, grating, frying....then when the 2 Shepherd's Pie's were pulled from the oven, the pizza's went in and when they came out the clock read 6:58 a.m. !!
    I WIN!!! All done and cooling before the rate changes at 7 a.m.

I left shortly after to get some deals.
    At Loblaws got the Cashmere for $4.00 ( had a personal offer of 1,000 pts for each $6.00 spent ), so stocked up and earned 5,000 pts!
    My offer for Deli cheese matched a great sale on tubs of Zerto grated ( @ just $$2.99 each ) so I earned another 3600 pts.

oh almost forgot! Did anyone else besides me watch the Yankees/Tigers " game " last night? Wow! It was awful and amazing at the same time. More fighting than gaming. 3 big bench clearing brawls, 8 ejections and Detroit ended up winning! Suspensions to follow.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Aug 25th, 2017 at 02:17 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Water heater started to leak last night and luckily, they sent a very nice young man who replaced it-made friends with Sadie and fixed my exhaust from my dryer. Great things accomplished although everything is pulled out of the laundry room again
    I have begun to accept that we won't be organized until Christmas! 4 months today.
    Two funerals tomorrow and I take Sadie to her new home on Sunday.

At this point, I wish I liked martinis! !

And happy pills out there?

I'm planning to run away and leave little crumbs in the forest so I can find my way home.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh almost forgot! Did anyone else besides me watch the Yankees/Tigers " game " last night? Wow! It was awful and amazing at the same time. More fighting than gaming. 3 big bench clearing brawls, 8 ejections and Detroit ended up winning! Suspensions to follow.
    I didn't watch, but heard all about it. Wish I had turned it on instead of watching a lousy movie.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby - Busy busy lol, so much done before the crack of dawn. I made so many desserts one day after working a night shift to bring to my cousins place for a relatives birthday. By the time it was time for my aunt and uncle to pick me up at 4pm I was exhausted lol. I gave them the desserts to bring to the party and went to bed. I had made pies and apple fries and a raspberry sauce to act like ketchup. The fries were apples cut into fry like pieces and then coated and deep fried.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!!!

Wow, it was cold out there this morning!! 14!! It's not fall yet, is it?! So on went the heat in the house, and now we have the airconditioning on because it's too hot. August days...

So yes, I went to get my x-ray this morning, no waiting thank goodness, and thankfully no call from the clinic to let me know that something was amiss. As I thought, I just shredded something that'll take time to heal and amof, it's better today than the past couple of days, so I'm hopeful it'll be good as new by the long weekend next week at camp. What a scare, though.....I just got walking down pat, and now this! Thank goodness it's not worse, though.
    @avoncallingu , you know you can always run away from home and come here. I'm so so terribly sad for you having to give up little Sadie, she's a precious little girl. So you're to take her to her new home, did I read that correctly? A foster home, right? Oh, I hope they're patient with her and hug and squeeze her to crazies! Aiming for complete calm in an immaculate home at Christmas sounds almost do-able for you! It'll get better and I know I've been saying that for a while now, but things are settling down, your brother is with you now, with his cat....I just hope and pray that you remain the independent woman you've always been and start to take (not find, take!) some "you" time once again...find that theatre company and audition!! Go for it, my Friend!!!! It's time! I find that chores always simply wait for us to get to them and dust bunnies are very patient.

@22hicks, oh thank God your DIL is out of the woods!! How on earth did they locate that other aneurism? She must be so antsy not being able to move off that bed...wishing and praying for all the best for her and all of you. What a scare and what a relief!

@cabmonk...um..just askin', but any apple fries left?? {{{blink, blink}}} I've never made nor had any, but I'm thinking this isn't the time to start....I haven't exactly dedicated myself to healthier eating (or drinking! Hey! It's camp!) this summer and I'm feeling poofy again. Phht.

Well...time to do a little surfing for Christmas stuff. I bought all the fabric for our GS's quilt but right now I'm not able to stand at the table and slice through it all...hopefully next week. For now...I'm dreaming of Christmas again...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Aug 25th, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

Thread Information