User Tag List

Page 275 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 277 285 325 375 775 1275 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Cabbie-I am sorry you missed the get-together!

Lynn, glad you didn't get a call. Did you get a boot?

Sold a folding table and a set of TV tables on Kijiji. Good more for the space than the money. Very sweet young man drove all the way back from Woodstock to pick these up for his mum.

My friend, Shirley, who had taken care of Sadie for so long and loves her to bits, came by today to say her goodbyes. We went for a nice walk.

Speaking of Christmas.....4 months to go.

I've got zillions of Christmasy stuff to sort through because now I know just what can go there. Kijiji here we come!

My friend asked me if I could pinch -hit for one of her relative's daughter's wedding on Thanksgiving Weekend. (And she comes from a family of 10 kids.)

So I am going to let my company know I will do it without mileage. This family has always been wonderful to me. We'll wait and see what happens.

Take care everyone!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Aug 25th, 2017 at 08:56 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @avoncallingu , @22hicks for asking about that boot...well, that was a flop. The doc had written "walking boot" on the little form he had, but when we took it to Guardian pharmacy in that area for such things, we were told that he used the wrong description for the item!! He would have to have written "air cast" for the item he wanted for me, so they couldn't fill it for me!! Which is weird, because when our DD broke her foot many years ago, she had a "walking boot"! Honestly! I just now looked it up and it seems like the term "Aircast" is the name of the company! (?)

Anyway, it saved us the $, and with it getting better already, it probably would have been a waste of money. It seems more like I tore something or really bruised something in there that needs time to heal. I still can't put any pressure on it, and am walking on my heel at home and only for a short while because doing that seems to give me shin spints and hurts my bursitis on my opposite hip! hahaha!!! Ah, well......more research and poking around on the computer time!!

I'm hoping I feel even better tomorrow and can get back to two steps forward and no more steps back!
    @Natalka , how are you doing, Hon? Have the new meds helped relieve your discomfort and your condition?? Sure hope so, and that you're able to sleep better and more comfortably.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 @avoncallingu Oh that party was a couple years ago lol, sorry. I got home from work at 8am that day and just started making stuff and never slept. Then when it was time to go to the party I was wiped out lol. Walkonby's post just made me think back to it.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good day all! The guys worked OT last night, they crawled in the door just before 6 a.m. exhausted! But they both raved about the Shepherd's pie and the pizza. They get an extra meal break staying late and it was so cold so that extra food helped.
    While they were gone I had made up a cream cheese/taco sauce/cheddar cheese/diced veggie layered dip. It was nice and firm/chilled when they got in so they both grabbed the tortilla chips and noshed away!

Texas residents are on my mind today. That is some nasty hurricane!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

All the food sounds good lo @walkonby, for breakfast I had cookies. I will have better for lunch and dinner though.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Feeling better, less pain, so I'm doing a few things around here, DH is grocery shopping (can't remember the last time I was in RCSS!), all prepping for our GS to spend the afternoon and sleepover tonight while the kids are at the 70th b'day party dinner they arranged for her FIL. There's always that hope that no one spilled the beans about it to him, or heaven forbid, they see a car they recognize in the parking lot before they go in, or someone is arriving at the same time as they are! Should be lots of fun for them all!

Isn't it a gorgeous Saturday, though?! It was only 9 this morning, but who cares when it's this sunny? Unfortunately Texas isn't doing as well...I pray no one is hurt during this storm.

Have a wonderful, relaxing day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day - gee, computer/internet was not happy earlier when I was on - bummer for when I'm around early.
    @Lynn49 , so glad your foot is better - just don't overdo, however tempting that is.

So very sad to report that things are crap for me - same, and sometimes worse, pain in the legs which leads to a lot of crying, swearing, frustration and even less sleep for me. Keeping steady on pain relievers and taking the prescription just don't seem to be doing much.

I have been eating more - as yucky as everything tastes, or doesn't taste. Still, I feel very weak and I really, really hate that. I push things so I can get things for my husband, make food, etc. He's really doing amazingly well, so great to see. Bandages are off, and his incision sites look good.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka, I can't for one second believe that you're not in a hospital! Time to head to emerg and tell them that nothing's working....SOMEONE there just HAS to see the severity of your condition! You can't linger at home withoug proper care!!! If it's not getting better, it's getting worse and my God, you don't want those problems!
    Get to emerg and finally get some real help, my Friend! Keeping you in my prayers.

Well, I have another prayer request.

Another cousin in ThunderBay has a son who is in dire need of prayers; he's been diagnosed with cancer. Two brothers, two sons, one who passed away after his heart transplant. I can't believe it.
    Jamie has been diagnosed with liver cancer, was flown to Toronto for treatment, a stent to drain liquid from his liver, it seems to have dislodges, back to Toronto and that's all I know right now.

Please pray for this young father, my cousin's son...thank you.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Aug 26th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh my goodness. I almost hate logging on here - there's is so much pain & suffering.
    It makes me so sad.

First, @Natalka, I'm so sorry you're still suffering so badly, that the meds aren't working, and you're actually worse. This could become dangerous quickly. You need to heed @Lynn49's advice, get some help, and now. I can't imagine they can't find something to help you.

And your cousin's son @Lynn49, so much in the family to deal with, and so very sad.
    Even worse, he has to travel to Toronto for treatment; what a strain on every1. Is he being seen @ Princess Margaret, or Sunnybrook?
    I am, and will, continue to pray for him, and the entire family.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

For all of you who are suffering in any way.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you @22hicks, I still can't fathom one brother losing their son, and now his brother's son battling cancer. I sincerely appreciate your prayers.

As for me, no worries, .i'm getting better every day and can now walk on the inside of my foot, keeping pressure off the outside which I somehow messed up. So I'm fine....poofy, but workin' at it.

@Natalka, both @22hicks and I know where an uncontrolled staph infection could lead and we don't want to frighten you, but you must know this is nothing to ignore. PLEASE get to emerg tomorrow and get some real help!! We're praying for you, .Nat.

Well, GS is tucked into bed with his ipad, he loved my DH's homemade chicken and rice soup and perhaps that soft pumpernickel bread a tich more and we're watching Toronto vs Calgary.

Have a peaceful, restful night, everyone.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Aug 26th, 2017 at 09:57 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Best wishes to everyone! Prayers and healing thoughts.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Everyone try and have a good night especially anyone in pain or with loved ones in pain. I am kinda wide awake because of 2 naps I took, geez i'm feeling old.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Bet I'm 1st instead of last to wish you all a great day.
    I had a rough night; been up since 2:30.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Thread Information