User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I saved my PC plus beef offer to take advantage of the roasts at RCSS this week.
    It has been a busy week with DH away and a bday to celebrate. I think tonight I will be lazy and I am going to Metro for the rotisserie chicken. I will use my Air Miles and get 25 back for spending $10. I also have the hot meal offer on my PC plus but Metro is 2 minutes from home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twins are continuing to potty train, which can be its own adventure.

I sold $4 in tomatoes last night. I sold two little girl jackets for $25 this morning. I took pictures of other outside kids clothes and posted those for sale too. I sorted through baby girl's clothes last night and have another bin of clothes to sell. She currently has way more pants than shirts.

We just found out this week that Dh has to fill in for someone at an important two day meeting this weekend. I guess I'll be flying solo with the kids...too bad. We try to leave weekends as family time. I am meeting with a potential daycare family tomorrow morning, hopefully they sign a contract.

Dh brought home a 5 gallon bucket of these apples from his co-worker. She said they'd be good for pies or apple sauce. I sampled one this morning and found it to be sour. I guess I have even more apples to process, in addition to tomatoes, etc.
    Name:  IMG_4884.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  283.5 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 15th, 2017 at 03:14 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is another free cereal coupon available to order from save.ca
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    There is another free cereal coupon available to order from save.ca
    Thank you! I just ordered mine.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@GoodBoy -no malice intended or taken about posting on Google Drive's shelf live ending. Some users of the Drive may not be moving on to Backup or Sync or just not aware to move to them. No one loves to lose file access and at the same time, there is a personal threshold as to how many online accounts one has to have to access files/forums etc.

I feel it's better to know now then in the depths of December activities/holiday shopping when one more thing will be too much to process in a day.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, my laptop was working then it stopped (no OS found...alas) late last night. Happy to have it (secondhand) for just over a year! Got a tip that one repair place is worth trying, but plan B is finding out if there is a local e-waste recycling event that I can attend to move the computer along. Last year, the desktop computer's high tower drive crashed two days after I brought home the secondhand laptop. September, you are memorable!

Managed to get at least half of the old paint on radiator removed yesterday and vacuumed off. Will scrape/scrub the rest off today. Have to sand the drywall patch on the last wall and a few other spots then paint goes on. Followed up by touchups on all those spots still showing a lot of the old paint colour. Removing paint off the ceiling fixture is a chore despite having applied the paint removal jelly-guess that small paint brush did not apply enough product due to stiff bristles.

What a great run of summer weather this week (ok overnight was chilly damp) for September!

Was delighted to pour the last of the hemp protein powder on my bowl of Shreddies and Sugar Crisp cereals today! Noticed that Sobey's has regular hemp seeds on sale for $5.99 this week-that's a deal. Fortino's has the organic hemp seeds on sale for $8.99 this week.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -time for any other sweet ripe fruit to join those apples to kick up the flavour a notch! May you have neighbours or friends to stop in to help you with the apples or kids so you can have some time to do whatever needs your full attention this weekend.
    @lilo0003 @Frugalbigmama @saundyl -lots of meal preparations>future time savings!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel Dh had to leave town for the weekend to attend an important meeting. He won't be back until late tomorrow afternoon. The other person was unable to attend last minute, so Dh is filling in. I'm flying solo for the weekend. One of our good friends is also away for the weekend.

I was supposed to meet with a potential new daycare family this morning, but she had to reschedule due to having a sick child. A different lady is coming to check out a lot of baby girl clothes, jackets, etc. I'll post later how much money she spends.

It is supposed to continue to rain today. I have a very Nast migraine, but I'm still thinking about taking the kids to the library this afternoon. There is a free Lego building program and there is a play area too. I'm not quite sure how it will work out, but it's worth a shot. Our twins haven't napped yet.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 16th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold $63 in toddler girl clothes, etc to that lady. She messaged me to come at 12:30, which is later than originally planned, then she spent 1.5hrs at my house looking through the items. This resulted in my twins missing their nap. I still took my kids to the public library after she left. Twin boy are is having a late nap, which I will keep short. Twin girl refused to nap, and she might be teething. This lady wants to come back with her daughter to try on some winter clothes. Some other people are interested in other items that I have up for sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 16th, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hello-just got in at 7.30 from Toronto from my daughter`s Sebastian had his first birthday today with us he loved his books from me and the small drum from his uncle/aunt and Ashlyn my daughter made pasta with meat sauce and rolls and had a lovely chocolate cake she bought ,it was a nice long visit

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh it was one of those days. I did not tackle a large projects but all of the little ones combined made it so I did not sit down all day.

I started my day cleaning up the front hallway, then I put some dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on, then I washed the dishes that didn't go in the dishwasher.

Once that was all done I cut up a watermelon we got yesterday well grocery shopping and finished processing the tomatoes I sorted with Mom Friday night. Mom was supposed to be off this weekend but got asked to work in another location so she had to work so I was on my own to process the tomatoes and honestly it is not one of my favourite tasks. I love canned items but I do not have a love for canning.

When I was done there were tomatoes every where so I had to scrub down the kitchen and do more dishes. Then it was time to make dinner which meant more dishes. As I cooked dinner I unloaded the dishwasher and started reloading as well I washed anything that could not go in the dishwasher as I went as I was done with dishes for today.

Kitchen is clean and now enjoying a nice Chai Tea and going to look at crochet patterns. I finished my latest projects last week and now it is time to find a new one. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh arrived home late this afternoon, but he is very tired.

All of our kids slept through the night last night, and so did I. Our twins still have a dry hacking cough that comes and goes. Twin girl might be teething too, so not as happy as usual.

I enjoyed some one-on-one time with our oldest while our twins had their afternoon nap. We played play-dough and finished reading his long library book. We built with his tinker toys after Dh was home. I got some house cleaning done today and processed the remaining ripe tomatoes into tomato sauce for the freezer. I wanted to bake something, but didn't make it that far.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Sep 18th, 2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a bit of a slower paced day, Mom was home and dealt with the tomatoes that I peeled and seeded. They have been turned into pizza sauce which we have decided to freeze instead of can just due to how much work it is pull out all the canning stuff for such a small batch. As well this will allow us to freeze smaller portions as we do not need to fill a jar.

Did not get to working on the stockpile room which desperately needs attention, might see if I can get some done tonight but will wait to see how I feel. Something is going on internally and I cannot figure it out yet. I have a feeling I know what it is so I will grab some over the counter medications when we go out tomorrow and see if that helps, if not I will make a doctors appointment.

Tomorrow night we will be going out to dinner with bro to celebrate his birthday which is later this week. As well I have an off site meeting tomorrow afternoon so it will be a busy day. Before we meet bro we will stop at a few stores and grab a couple of items we were unable to get when we went shopping on Friday night.

I do not think I said much about our shopping Friday, had it not of been for all of the pantry staples on sale we probably would have skipped shopping but decided to take this as an opportunity to stock up. We got
    2 - 10 lb bags of flour
    12 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
    4 Jars Passata (sp?)
    4 cans Tomato Sauce
    4 boxes Chai Tea
    4 Boxes Beef Broth
    2 Boxes Mushroom Broth
    2 Jars Olive Oil

All and all it was a good trip but we did not get Sugar as we did not make it to Freshco and did not get laundry detergent as No Frills was sold out.

Does anyone else find their pantry staples change between Summer and Winter?????

I find in the winter we use more cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, soups and find right now I must be going into hibernation mode as this is a huge focus when I look at the flyers to make sure we start now so we won't have a large shop later.

Well time to see what today will bring, have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes my pantry staples change from summer to winter as I try to take advantage of all of the local produce and cook less often in summer. Winter to me is about comfort food, that's when I eat lots of pasta and canned products.

I have been been avoiding th Bay as I am tempted to get the Clinique bonus.....but I have too much stuff so I'm going through my linen/toiletries closet and using everything up first.....it feels good to use up what I already have.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am like barbis -try to use up local produce-mind you I need to buy some flour as I tend to bake more in winter,so it does change from season to season
    -pretty tired today as I was up til 1.00 am talked to my daughter about her life and it really brought me down ,she is gone back to work today -but I still want to get a few items done so cleaned out my top freezer on the fridge and dusted my bedroom

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information