User Tag List

Page 355 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 855 1355 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!!! Wishing you all a great monday!!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Good morning! Staying home today and doing laundry and recovering from the weekend.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! The cleaning helper is here today and it ways throws me off. BrotherR is snoozing with his cat as the cat is deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. I am trying to get the Christmas tree decorated. Tiny decorations for a tiny tree. But whenever I look up, I get dizzy. ( Remnants of vertigo.)

Decorating the tree used to always be such an "occasion" but the last couple of years, a kind of lonely job. I will be happy when it is up and finished.

Any ideas about affixing indoor lights to the window?

Will I have to buy suction cups? I am afraid that since the Windows get steamy that the suction cups will fall down. I would love to get some of those "Fairy Lights" but there is no outdoor plug.

My cheapy amarylis are blooming like crazy . One stalk has 4 blooms which will emerge today. They are the "Dragon Red", I think it's called. Just beautiful!

LOTS of Turkey leftovers to be miraculously turned into other dishes or frozen.

I am a bit "rudderless" today. Every time I go to do something, the cleaner is in the way.
    Well, have to get SOMETHING accomplished.

Enjoy the rest of your day. It is sunny but cccccold out there.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Nov 20th, 2017 at 02:14 PM.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, I have been noticing that it seems to be Mondays when Nat jumps on to say ,"Hi!"

Also, Hicks, glad you sent us some "Hellos".

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    There were a couple of deaths this w/end. I don't know if you've heard or not.

David Cassidy, who was only 67.

and Charles Manson.
    I heard David Cassidy had major organ failure but that he was still alive??

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/...ve-death-hoax/

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone hope everyone Monday was great . Enjoy what ever you plan to do today. Will be cleaning for as couple hours then going shopping to get a few things

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning peeps.
    Long drive in this morning...

Anywho...have a wonderful day folks!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!
    Well, with Christmas gift shopping done, we turn ti baking. Actually, my DH turns to baking because although I can prepare dinner for umpteen people, most cookies baffle me. So DH will be baking sugar cut-out cookies so that I can frost them later. While he's baking, I'll be completing the piecing of the quilt top together. All GS's 24 advent bags have been packed up and ready to go. 'Tis the season! 😊

Is it melting outside where you are? What a pleasant although not sunny day here!

I hope you all have a terrific day!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn-did you do your apprenticeship at the North Pole? I think you are one of Santa's Elves.

Our tree is almost done. Looking very festive.

A lady is coming to go over the services that are available for BrotherR and I to access as seniors.
    I seem to have misplaced a whole packing box of Christmas Cards and I wanted to get my family cards off to th UK and France. Guess I will have to buy a box at pre-Christmas prices.- Ugh! The very THOUGHT!

Well, as The Moody Blues would say... The Day has begun.

See you later my friends.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day to all... @danger_dan I hear the sadness in your post about your drive to work each day. Stay strong...lol.
    This weather has me cooking more than usual, which can be a bad thing.
    Chili is all done, loved getting at it first thing this morning, just a bit of cleanup left to do there.

We are not putting up a tree again this year ( 2 crazy cats and 2 dogs, not worth the aggravation ) BUT I might relent on the many Christmas vases I made up 3 years ago and drag them all out of their various storage spots ) We have a bit more wiggle room now both upstairs and downstairs thanks to some soul searching and purging of furniture that was obsolete.
    Less clutter has helped me to breathe easier.
    Still more to " let go of " but baby steps.....maybe in the New Year.

Go Leaf Go tonight , and GO ARGOS on Sunday!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    good day to all... @danger_dan I hear the sadness in your post about your drive to work each day. Stay strong...lol.
    I was so good on the drive in this morning too...kept my cool with all those stupid drivers out there...
    ...and then I lost on on a stupid pick up truck on the last, literally THE LAST turn I had to make before dropping the Lady off for work...

It is CLEARLY a right turn lane ONLY, RIGHT TURNS ONLY, and this idiot is sitting in the, waiting for the light to turn green so he can floor it and cut off a line of at least, law abiding drivers waiting for the light. I'm wanting to turn right, and would have been able to, since there was ZERO traffic coming in the other direction. Flash forward a full 45 seconds later with me on my horn curse this idiot to h**l and back. light turns green and he guns it to try and cut traffic off. What does the truck in the through lane do...guns it too and forces that idiot to stop dead in the intersection, because now the other cars have also come out into the intersection.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    I was so good on the drive in this morning too...kept my cool with all those stupid drivers out there...
    ...and then I lost on on a stupid pick up truck on the last, literally THE LAST turn I had to make before dropping the Lady off for work...

It is CLEARLY a right turn lane ONLY, RIGHT TURNS ONLY, and this idiot is sitting in the, waiting for the light to turn green so he can floor it and cut off a line of at least, law abiding drivers waiting for the light. I'm wanting to turn right, and would have been able to, since there was ZERO traffic coming in the other direction. Flash forward a full 45 seconds later with me on my horn curse this idiot to h**l and back. light turns green and he guns it to try and cut traffic off. What does the truck in the through lane do...guns it too and forces that idiot to stop dead in the intersection, because now the other cars have also come out into the intersection.

Um. Dan? This is not good for your blood-pressure every morning and evening, my Friend. Not healthy.
    So, @danger_dan , may I suggest an audio book on your drive? Something soothing....a nice Christmassy story, perchance?
    Cleary there are idiots in the world who think that rules don't apply to them. However, they don't exist to endanger our personal health, only their own. They have their own problems and they'll likely have heart-attacks driving with that amount of stress every day before we do. Release, Hon. Take deep breaths when you encounter those idiots, picture that stress running like water off your shoulders and back and don't let it in. It might take some doing, but you'll get there. And you'll be healthier for it. Stress, my Dear, is a killer. You're still young thank heavens, so you have time to learn how to deal with the stressors around you. Stupid drivers in particular. Good luck, Dan.

On a brighter note, my DH baked beautiful sugar cookies just waiting for me to outline and flood them with royal icing, maybe this afternoon. If not, I'll stick them in the fridge for tomorrow. I need to run to Fabricland for a tich more fabric.., so I may do that later today.
    @avoncallingu , nope, I haven't trained professionally in the North Pole at Santa's workshops, wish I had, but I've enjoyed cooking and baking for the past 47 years, and I've always been a Christmasholic! hahaha...gives me a bit of an edge. Except for sugar cookies.
    I hope you get lots of info wrt services for you and your Brother. There's got to be more out there to help both of you cope with his myriad medical issues and maybe your stress-level too? How did your dinner party go with your Family on Sunday?? Bet it was fun..were your nephews there, too?

Okay! Back to quilting!! Toodles!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!! I hope you enjoyed the day!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Love your cartoon, Lynn!

When you say "flood" your cookies, what do you mean?

Our Thanksgiving supper was great. Both nephews were here. I was talked into supporting a "Marketing Course." Project - cookies in a jar. (You actually have to bake them, Lynn.)

Adults had a very detailed talk about how my BrotherR and I will move forward wrt his residence.

He really needs more care than I can provide. My health is suffering. I am feeling awful and guilty, but if I wind up under doctor's care, he will really be up a creek. So we have started navigating the assisted housing maze. In the meantime, his PSW has not shown up 2 days in a row.

Going to chill this evening. I am still getting dizzy when I look up or reach up or get up out of bed.

So the Christmas tree looks a lot like the reverse of trees of people who have cats that like to jump.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning gang.
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information