User Tag List

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lilo0003 -if the No Frills on Cross Ave is still open, why is Loblaws not using that store as a grocery pickup for its GO Commuter grocery order service? I read that Oakville GO is getting one of the five order pickup areas (Loblaws has a contract with Metrolinx where GO commuters can place an order the night before picking up their order at the stations-BT Toronto crew talked about the car gridlock when commuters return to the stations) but since Oakville Fortinos and the RCSS are nowhere near the GO station, I'd say Loblaws would be better off putting the pickup at No Frills as the station is very busy with all kinds of traffic and there are so many newspaper boxes and signposts all over the medians.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sadly we lost that No Frills in late January. It was announced when the minimum wage increases were confirmed. As a GO train commuter I loved the convenience of that store but I actually hated shopping there in recent years. It used to be such a great store but then the produce went downhill, the cashiers needed a supervisor to do any price match and to sign off on coupons and the sup was also acting as a cashier so the lines and delays were endless. In the past year they would have one cash person on during the end of day rush so it was not worth the hassle. I also have a son that works at the RCSS so if I am running short of something and he is on shift he just picks it up on his way home & I get his employee discount. We still have a very small No Frills in North Oakville so RCSS will still price match No Frills. One of their cashiers mentioned they have been much busier since the NF closed so I imagine it was a wise business decision. I don't get the logic of the grocery pick up at the train station, but I am not their demographic.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel You need to upload a deal of the day on CO51 and get 25c back on a can of beans.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had to laugh a little when I saw about picking up groceries at the train station. Although I do not like the idea of someone else choosing my groceries.

With that being said if my sister was a commuter I could totally see her doing this. She uses the pre order system at Loblaws.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sadly we lost that No Frills in late January. It was announced when the minimum wage increases were confirmed. As a GO train commuter I loved the convenience of that store but I actually hated shopping there in recent years. It used to be such a great store but then the produce went downhill, the cashiers needed a supervisor to do any price match and to sign off on coupons and the sup was also acting as a cashier so the lines and delays were endless. In the past year they would have one cash person on during the end of day rush so it was not worth the hassle. I also have a son that works at the RCSS so if I am running short of something and he is on shift he just picks it up on his way home & I get his employee discount. We still have a very small No Frills in North Oakville so RCSS will still price match No Frills. One of their cashiers mentioned they have been much busier since the NF closed so I imagine it was a wise business decision. I don't get the logic of the grocery pick up at the train station, but I am not their demographic.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Last day of the month. Will March come in like like a lion or a lamb? Weather calls for partly sunny with a temperature of 7 here today.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

amazing morning so far. I am hoping to make a nice broc and cheese soup for supper. hhmmmm.
    I am also using up some flour torillas and making cin and sugar chips.

plan is early years center.. play outside on the plasma cars for a bit... sun on the face. good for the soul.

I am needing to spend a bit of time and clean up outside .. hugs to a ll
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I have a roast in the crockpot. Will make mashed potatoes, broccoli and asparagus to go with it for dinner. And gravy of course.

Then after dinner I will make rice and pasta so there are extra sides for tomorrow night and pop the peameal roast in the oven that I pulled from the freezer. Will slice it up and put everything in containers and tomorrow nights dinner is ready and they can just heat and eat I will clean the kitchen after all this so we have a clean kitchen all day and night tomorrow hopefully!

Last night we had hockey out of town so I pulled lean beef from the freezer and thawed it quickly in the microwave. I made 8 good size patties since I had 8 buns. Dinner was burger/s with cucumbers. Paid 1.25 for the buns $2.02 for the beef (reg $10 )
    plus Grandma gave me 2 small packages of beef to use up. $1 for the cucumber. Cheap for a quick dinner that was better then take out.
    I shopped online at American Eagle the other day. 2 tops for me. 2 tshirts for youngest for now/summer. 3 Long Sleeve tops for September/back to school. and 3 boxers for him for Christmas. I bought his brother a bunch for Christmas last year and he told me he would like fancy name brand ones for Christmas next year lol so I am starting now and whenever I see them for under $5 I will add to my order!
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Ciel You need to upload a deal of the day on CO51 and get 25c back on a can of beans.
    Is there a daily offer on CO51? How do we access it? .. I didn't notice anything on my app and may have totally overlooked it
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by list465 View Post
    Is there a daily offer on CO51? How do we access it? .. I didn't notice anything on my app and may have totally overlooked it
    It’s a new thing that they started last Thursday. It is near the top of the list when you open the app. Each day you can unlock and activate the mystery offer of the day. Then that offer will stay active until today, Wednesday. Today’s offer is 25c back on bananas.
    Ciel, list465 and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thank you for letting me know - nothing on my app (that I can see) .. maybe it'll show up with tomorrow's update

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our son to gymnastics last night and then headed to Walmart on the way home. Our WM finally has Tia Rosa Kits. I SCOPed one because it came up as $4.98, but the shelf price was $3.98. I had no problem getting the SCOP. I bought the other 2 at the right price - $3 CO51 offer = $0.98 each. I spent $90ish dollars - $16 CO51, used $6 in coupons. I also sent Caddle referral links to the teller and her daughter. I’ve had some trouble being credited for referrals because if they use the link but don’t sign up the first time they use the link then the referral link is broken.

2 pairs of expensive Singvairis compression stockings = FREE through a provincial government program. I’ve worn these stockings since 2007. They are always tight and hurt when I wear them the first few times. I’ll still buy stockings using dh’s benefits, since I wear these every day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 28th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by list465 View Post
    Thank you for letting me know - nothing on my app (that I can see) .. maybe it'll show up with tomorrow's update
    This is a screen shot of my CO51 app.
    Name:  FDF0B152-166C-4D50-8015-2D9E08F3ED95.png
Views: 120
Size:  219.4 KB
    Ciel, macw1960, list465 and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I was able to get the beans .25 and bananas I bought on Monday qualify for the .25 cents -good that I keep my bills for a month or 2-off course its hard to remember to unlock as I forgot sat as we were out of town,and sunday as I was out for my son breakfast birthday celebration ,but I love the unlock feature way better than single day offer's as they are good for the whole week
    I walked 16 minutes this morning so glorious and nice 7 degrees ,found a beer can also .I decided to go thru my summer tanks and fall tops ,(get rid of anything way to tight or really old )I will give some to my hubby's sister who's on a disability ,she called me and thanked me for the 2 items and an old double sheet set I gave her last week .
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@coupon girl
    Saturday was icing and Sunday was orange juice. I certainly agree that I like that the offers are available for the entire week, unlike the Caddle app’s Flash Friday.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information