User Tag List

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    2x blue sun hats with UV protection
    I thought all sun hats had some degree of UV protection? I guess I need to find out as I'll probably be needing them soon.

Right now, I'm waiting for chocolate chip cookies to come out of the oven.

My much anticipated lemon loaf was a bust. I was just so sad as I bought so many ingredients that I don't typically stock at home, like lemon extract and coconut oil. Now that pure vanilla extract is so expensive, I'm regretting using it as well. The recipe called for a cup of sugar in the 9 x 5 loaf, a cup of sugar in the syrup glaze, and a third cup of sugar in the icing. There was two teaspoons of lemon extract and a 1/2 cup of lemon juice in the loaf and an additional 1/2 cup in the glaze. As it turns out, I overheated the glaze until it resembled a black tar. That probably should have been my first clue... I poked a perfectly good loaf all over with holes and poured on the glaze. That infused the entire cake with a burnt taste. DH tried to salvage it but it was a DO NOT resuscitate type of situation. Figures that the only frugal thing he's ever attempted during our marriage involves cake.

The oven was occupied with cake and also a roast, so my chocolate chip cookies were on hold. After it was all done, the cookies had gone all dry and crumbly. After DH and the girls were put to bed, I googled how to save dry cookie dough and I think I managed to rescue them. We'll find out tomorrow as I don't need the extra calories tonight.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The potluck was cancelled because of the inclement weather this weekend. Just as well that the lemon loaf didn't turn out so now I'm not pressured to come up with something else at the last minute. I could also do with losing some weight so I don't have to go to the expense of a new wardrobe. All those late night chocolate sessions have not done me any good.

I'm glad we do not need anything in the flyers this week. A friend was supposed to visit Saturday and she cancelled, and all of our Sunday plans have been cancelled. Hopefully, everyone is staying safe and warm this weekend.

I was hoping to do some major tidying up this weekend, but all I have seem to have accomplished was a thorough sorting of DD2's outgrown clothes. Maybe I can muster up posting them for sale this week. I also have a group of boys clothes and a set of neutral clothes.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When a girl post on a fb couponning group that she have at least 100 iams fpcs for cat dry food and tons of insert because it is his distributor over....hum...I will just talk to my distributor too to have some.
    And after I see a girl got *?*(& because she dont have the money to feed his cat and search some coupons...what a crazy world
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sweet sparrow - I make my own extract. way way cheaper.

good morning all. I have a chili in the crockpot. it will spend the day doing its thing.
    I do need to finish laundry off.. mostly folding and putting away. and 30 min on the dc rooms.

I am making a felt food garden for my dc kids. so I will be spending the day doing that. I am interested to see how the weather progresses today
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wild storm, all my tulips and hyacinths are covered in snow, I hope they recover.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well day 2 of feeling awfull,just like this storm -so still only ate a banana and applesauce today (thank goodness I had a 6 pkg of applesauce ,so no shopping for me ,hope I feel better on Monday as we are getting a gentleman to come and discuss a new patio door with us (that is our home improvement item for this year)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a productive morning. Organized in the shed some. I currently have a couple going through about 10 boxes of boy clothes, etc. It doesn’t look like they will actually buy that much. I’ll post the amount when they leave.

The livingroom and front entrance have been picked up, organized, vacuumed. I took a new inventory of the chest freezer. I’ve planned a few meals. Dh washed up all the dishes again.

edit: $20 in sales this morning. I posted pics of the boxes that I brought in for this couple. I’m hoping to get some more people to come and look before I carry all of these boxes back out to the shed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 15th, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well day 2 of feeling awfull,just like this storm -so still only ate a banana and applesauce today (thank goodness I had a 6 pkg of applesauce ,so no shopping for me ,hope I feel better on Monday as we are getting a gentleman to come and discuss a new patio door with us (that is our home improvement item for this year)
    Gosh, I sure hope you are feeling better soon! .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This storm Sucks! Trapped at home on a mid April weekend!! At least we are all safe and haven't spent a penny! Making a quicke meat sauce for pasta for dinner tonight. Perfect for a stormy day. Have laundry on the go. Not sure if school will be on tomorrow so will have to see in the Morning. If not D'S can have pasta for lunch at home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are lucky today with 11 degrees so got out for a bike ride-but we are expecting 5-10 cm of snow tomorrow. DH and I went out and bought some seeds-he is just going to plant the tomato seeds indoors to give them a head start.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent 1hr this afternoon working on another teaching application. It’s almost done and I plan on sending it off this week. We went to Tim’s for coffee after the kids were up from their nap. I used my free coffee for a French Vanilla. We took a family walk for nearly 1km. I collected 3 cans and 1 bottle. The SARCAN collection in the garage is getting pretty big. Dh will return them sometime. My regular drop-in Daycare girl is scheduled for 3 days this week, which will be some extra money for me.

Today’s lunch was chilli and rice. I used more tomatoes from the freezer.
    Tonight’s supper was dry fried pork chunks, KD, sliced apple and sliced watermelon.
    I pulled a pork roast from the freezer, which I will cook tomorrow for supper. This was meat that I SCOPed at Walmart.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 15th, 2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi all. Happy april! We haven't adopted our pup yet. We have him but until the shelter does his neuter i wont pay the adoption fees. Until such time they even pay for his food.

We spent a bit more than expected at easter down south but it was on things like stocking up on sugar senior fog food for dragon, i bought a knitting machine at Michaels (bad me!) Stocking up on cheese, bread, butter, pasta, soups, kid lunch snacks canned tomatoes a bunch of bathroom cleaning product. I cashed in 170 in pc optimim points. We spent about 75 over and above that at superstore andvthen 250 at Costco. Dog food, treats and toys for both dogs (as i thought the adoption would be final on the 9th) and a new kennel totaled around 300. Over all not too crazy but now to pay it off.

Bf made me homemade scotch broth soup... and a curry cauliflower dish last week... we had a friend over for supper. And i found veal cutlets in town!

I sadly had to leave sasktel for my phone because they finally...6 yrs after i loved realized my data usage was 99 percent out of province. Bill has gone up but atleast i can upgrade phones easiee now. Now to remember to update my numbers with companies.

I sold my old phone... unlocked for 100. I also sold 4 spider plants for 10 each. And made 40 dollars on a computer call.

Sadly had to turn aroubd and buy rubber boots for the entire family. Bye bye 126 dollars!

Transplanted my plants for the garden into larger pots. The community garden plots go on sale tuesday we will get our greehouse plots and 2 outdoor plots again. I don't think putting a garden in at our new place is in the books this year again. The old house is still yet to move.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Apr 15th, 2018 at 09:58 PM.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    We just had our patio door installed a few years ago. I still think it's miles better than what was there before, but my only disappointment was that the opening wasn't as wide as our old one. I learned that by trying to quickly grab our two clothes drying rack (with clothes) out of the rain. It wasn't pretty and there were socks everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It’s been a productive morning. Organized in the shed some. I currently have a couple going through about 10 boxes of boy clothes, etc. It doesn’t look like they will actually buy that much. I’ll post the amount when they leave.
    edit: $20 in sales this morning. I posted pics of the boxes that I brought in for this couple. I’m hoping to get some more people to come and look before I carry all of these boxes back out to the shed.
    @Angela273 : That's an astounding amount of clothes!

I sorted out all the clothes I have and I have one box of clothes for girls, one box for boys, and a box of gender neutral clothes. I had to toss out a ton because DD2 had horrible reflux and stained almost everything she wore. Now that the reflux has ended, I expect more clothes after size 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Hi all. Happy april! We haven't adopted our pup yet. We have him but until the shelter does his neuter i wont pay the adoption fees. Until such time they even pay for his food.
    @saundyl : Congrats on the new puppy!

As an update, I did cave and try one of the chocolate chip cookies last night. I had to try one since I changed the recipe. Then I ate the rest of the bag of chocolate chips. Must stay away from chocolate....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! No school for our area today. I was happy to leave the house for work lol. Roads are a mess so won't be going anywhere but straight home after I think. I brought my lunch so will work through it to leave early today.

I have laundry to put away but happy I did another load last night and put it in the dryer. Will make sure it gets all put away and put clean sheets on DS's bed and wash the sheets on it now and hang them to dry overnight.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information