User Tag List

Page 571 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 71 471 521 561 569 570 571 572 573 581 621 671 1071 1571 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^glorious sleep!! I am thrilled for you @Natalka
    At least this is an improvement and hopefully the start of a more normal and satisfying sleep pattern for you!
    Speaking of sleep....I dozed off in the recliner about 15 min ago, woke up to the ringing phone. Must not have gotten as much rest as I thought I did last night. @danger_dan your post sounded so sad to me....is Cruella De vil your boss?
    Maybe after some nice lunch ( and that coffee! ) you will perk up some.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nurse and doc visit went well. Will get some prescriptions refilled, double the lasix for three days to see if that addresses the swelling more. Legs look good. BP is right on, lungs are clear, weight is down a few more pounds. Blood work results are good.
    Far for me to go, but being so carefully monitored and cared for makes me continue to have hope.

Stay cool, peeps!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Nurse and doc visit went well. Will get some prescriptions refilled, double the lasix for three days to see if that addresses the swelling more. Legs look good. BP is right on, lungs are clear, weight is down a few more pounds. Blood work results are good.
    Far for me to go, but being so carefully monitored and cared for makes me continue to have hope.

Stay cool, peeps!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @GoJays you also enjoy your trip
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Stay cool, peeps!
    This is great news and I am glad you got lots of sleep yesterday @ Natalka still praying that you get better faster

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Hey all!

Just thought I'd jump on and say HEY! How are you guys doing? Its been a while. I've lurked a little over the last few months but haven't posted in a long time. Looks like I'll be busy doing some catch-up reading on a bunch of threads this weekend - haha.

I've spent a good chunk of the last 6 months off-line with family. My Grandpa (whose always been my father figure) was diagnosed just before Christmas with a very aggressive lung cancer. It was a tough journey, they live in rural SK so my home in the city became home base for appointments, visiting family and my Grandma moved in with us for the 6 to 8 weeks leading up to his passing at the end of March. As tough as it was, I was so blessed to be able to take a lot of time to spend with him including lots of afternoon breaks from work. More recently, we've been taking advantage of the nice weather days doing upgrades on our yard/home - so I haven't spent much time in front of a computer screen at home.

Nat - I haven't caught up on all the previous pages, but it sounds like you might be having a trying time related to your health. I hope things are going well for you!

I hope the rest of you are all doing well. Looking forward to jumping back into some threads around the site!

Have a good day all!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi Beckie, sorry to hear about your Grandpa

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Hey all!

Just thought I'd jump on and say HEY! How are you guys doing? Its been a while. I've lurked a little over the last few months but haven't posted in a long time. Looks like I'll be busy doing some catch-up reading on a bunch of threads this weekend - haha.

I've spent a good chunk of the last 6 months off-line with family. My Grandpa (whose always been my father figure) was diagnosed just before Christmas with a very aggressive lung cancer. It was a tough journey, they live in rural SK so my home in the city became home base for appointments, visiting family and my Grandma moved in with us for the 6 to 8 weeks leading up to his passing at the end of March. As tough as it was, I was so blessed to be able to take a lot of time to spend with him including lots of afternoon breaks from work. More recently, we've been taking advantage of the nice weather days doing upgrades on our yard/home - so I haven't spent much time in front of a computer screen at home.

Nat - I haven't caught up on all the previous pages, but it sounds like you might be having a trying time related to your health. I hope things are going well for you!

I hope the rest of you are all doing well. Looking forward to jumping back into some threads around the site!

Have a good day all!
    Welcome back Beckie..so sorry hear about your grandpa..take good care yourself sweetie
    Lynn49, beckie.c and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat-so glad to hear that positive things are happening!
    Welcome back, Beckie!
    Go Jays and flemeth- enjoy your trips!

It was a much nicer day today. Tomorrow is the Solstice! Longest day of the year! Looking forward to what the day may hold.

I was a bit flummoxed today. Many things not seeming to be going right. But a quiet evening-time for a walk with Tootie
    Last night about this time, just down the block, a lovely chubby black and white kitty.....wait-that's not a kittie-it's a SKUNK!! It sauntered out into the middle of the road and then turned back and went off into the trees behind those houses. I was high-tailing it away as fast as I could convince Tootie to go -in case it got hit. Luckily there were no cars going by!

So, I think we'll walk the OTHER way tonight.

See you later, folks!.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stay cool, peeps!
    Name:  C8CEB9F6-F58E-4CEA-8C15-0BA5699C1572.jpeg
Views: 138
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  B959175A-52FB-4848-96D8-7F22F42885F7.png
Views: 83
Size:  59.1 KB

AWESOME !! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Natalka.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!

Oh, @GoJays, those wee faces, so perfect!! Had to send that to everyone! hahahaha!!!

And @walkonby...DH and I watched that birdie video and he said, "That's a fake bird.", then that big stretch.....then whomp! I hope that little one wasn't hurt. I'll need more than a qtip massage to get me going this morning!

@Newfiescreech, if I could have sent you some of that heat we'vd had I surely would have done that. What are your temps there lately....mid-20s iirc when I watched the weather network yesterday? The times they are a-changin'...summers will come later, but last longer. According to experts, that is.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

Hi Lynn ..it keeps saying were going get temps in +20’s but it doesnt get there ..from rain and then winds it makes it pretty chilly ..so hopefully tomorrow first day summer and things will get lot better .lol ..
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning everyone another nice day today,, I will try to do a few things that need my attention in the house before I pack for my trip. Hope everyone if feeling much better that is not too well. Have a wonderful day all
    Hi flemeth..have yourself wonderful trip ..take good care yourself sweetie
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  0D2836B0-FBBB-48A8-9F4B-D628F2E7C2C7.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  59.2 KB
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@flemeth , where are you off to in NYC? I can't remember if you have family there to visit or if it's just a nice vacation. I can't wait until we get there in September!!
    Did I recall that you said you were driving?

Enjoy yourselves and take care out there!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good late-ish evening everyone. Nice to see you back @beckie.c . That was so generous of you to have cared for your Grampa up until his passing, sounds like you two shared some lovey memories together....sorry for your loss.
    The darn tv today!! Grrr! Afternoon game but they did not have the Jays game on any of the sports channels, so I was forced to listen to it on the radio!
    Happ pitched and amazing game, even tossed in the 9th inning to get the first out! ( 113 pitches thrown ) no walks.
    It was still a nail biter though with a 5-2 lead in the bottom of the 9th, the darn Braves scored 2 catch up runs, but Pillar caught the final fly and we won 5-4
    Whew!
    Sure feels muggy in here again. Might need to put the A/C on for sleeping, I'll see how restless I become.
    Have a great evening and nighty night all!!

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information