User Tag List

Page 174 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    He may have advanced colon cancer.. he really should get a colonscopy.. Although if he has decided to just let things go and let things take him out without medical intervention.. Foods that will thicken things up are pasta, rice, bananas.. marshmellows.. metamucil, lots of bread.. absorbant foods.. note how bread, pasta rice absorbs liquid.. it often does that with probs like his.. The trick may be to slow things down without causing a blockage.. Maybe one of those vipoo or other odor suppressors would help if his clothes were first rinsed in bucket of water with a few drops in it.. cheaper than odor eaters.. can hurt to try it..

Avoid fresh fruit, veggies.. seafood.. these are especially bad..

I hope I made some sense.. my mind just runs all over the place
    Interesting food ideas but I came across the low FODMAPS diet mention online and it states to keep affected persons off of starches, animal fats, processed sugar, fermentable foods and oils and artificial sweeteners and alcohol. Can tell you that beer and diet pop is again in the house and that someone won't give up eggs and meat...

Vim cleanser with bleach is in regular use each day. Bleach in laundry too.
    walkonby likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Don't allow family members to make their own decisions to apply Rustoleum Stone Effects product to exterior steps without a family meeting. I still cannot stand the glittery effect on one area (actually looks like white salt, black pepper and gray sand had a fight), not on another area (the matching steps now one shade of gray) and now clashing with the other gray foundation.
    Silk and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Been planing my vacation for 4 months... renewed daughters passport because it was expiring, had my passport in my hand to use for ID on June 22nd and it has been in my purse since then... 3 hours before I am set to leave I open my passport and notice it's expiring in 7 days, just like the daughter's passport I renewed
    Silk, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ticked off i forgot to push a few offers adhead on p.c mostly the chicken and pork offer-grrrr as I was busy yesterday painting then got ready to go to son's to babysit at 4.00 p.m when I got home didn't think of it as I was tired at 9.45 -darn it I never forgotten to do this -maybe my age has something to do with it -lol
    Natalka, Silk, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This is the week that Dad has taken to emptying his bladder on the hallway floor and bathroom floor (once per day but early morning, he's done it twice (seems to be an issue when he removes his plastic disposable underware). He's also getting both sides of the toilet too. It occurs to me now that maybe something kidney related is on the fritz now too.
    How did I discover this? I walked out of the bathroom Sunday morning after a shower into a puddle in the middle of the hallway. Cue stream of outrage after cleanup!

Yes, I did call one walk-in clinic to find out if the doctor was taking patients (no). The other clinic is on the far side of town (Meadowlands) where busy traffic is. Brother is not saying anything despite my telling him of this issue.

It's way too hot and humid to be dealing with multiple places of bacteria contamination. Getting to be dicey using the main bathroom without a spray solution and lights on to check to see what's on the floor and elsewhere. Since Mom is telling me not to use the Vim cleanser, I resort to the spray cleaner still in the vanity or the disinfectant spray unless major cleanup is needed.

Good thing Shoppers has the Vim on sale today. Getting another bottle...plus we are going through about one 1.89l jug of bleach per week in relation to laundry/presoaking all the soiled underwear/shorts/jeans the parent is generating. I intend to tell him there will be a cutback in laundry as he's basically going to have to live in the disposable underwear (he's been staining the bedding 2-3x per week) from now on and it's obvious that the greasy food and beer a day plus other beverages are his choices and he can go without clean undies. Time vampire and resources vampire.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Aug 4th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this is an apple rant.
    Our Apple tree is loved, We LOVE our apple tree.
    Some years we get a million blossoms and NO apples, ( that was last summer )
    Some years we get some blossoms, some apples... but many rot from bugs infesting them before they ripen ( 3 years ago? )
    Either way we always have to gather and dispose of the fallen apples that litter the yard and driveway.
    This year we got plenty of blossoms and OMG waaaaaay too many apples.
    This year we've had heat waves that prevented us from showing any interest in picking the best ones to make applesauce with.
    We dreaded gathering them for green bin waste but have had to many times already.
    Up until now it's been DS and DH that have raked up the fallen soldiers.

here is the rant:
    The City placed a tag on our green bin today refusing to dump it into the main truck because the apples were not placed into bags first?? Oh good grief?? why?? I am sure that not every food item that gets placed into green bins is in bags??
    I am certain DH and DS did not do that the other times.
    I am miffed.
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@walkonby -you put the apples into the cart. City crew or contractor should have emptied the cart.

Yet, here's where your City catches you: it's not the webpage but the actual pdf Guide for Green Bins. Toronto mentions bags in three places on the pdf.
    Huh? Who writes this gobbledygook?

As far as I know, Hamilton does not make the bag lining thing mandatory for the wheeled Green Bins. I try to wrap meat or other fridge items not in those little green bags with newspaper, to help trap moisture and reduce how much washing later has to be done when cart is empty.
    https://www.hamilton.ca/garbage-recy...bin-composting
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Aug 7th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @walkonby -you put the apples into the cart. City crew or contractor should have emptied the cart.

Yet, here's where your City catches you: it's not the webpage but the actual pdf Guide for Green Bins. Toronto mentions bags in three places on the pdf.
    Huh? Who writes this gobbledygook?
    yes!! @Ciel the gal on the phone when I called 311 for some clarification read off the bag rules which were:
    Use 1 in the small kitchen receptacle, then transfer to the larger green bin on collection day...OR use a bag in the large green bin, then dump all the food waste into that BUT she said NOT both, meaning it would be a no-no to put small bags from the kitchen into the large green bin if it has been lined with a bag itself??
    Just shoot me now!!
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

walkonby ~ wow, that is bureaucracy at its' finest! Geez. Ok here is a little tidbit I heard... so a neighbours friend's cousin's sister's uncle has been known to place large quantities of produce such as apples, potatoes etc. into the large brown bags with some yard waste on top which are then picked up efficiently without question.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't understand this. You can't put apples in your compost bin if there is a recyclable paper bag liner?
    That is the point, isn't it?
    We do this all the time, I live in Montreal.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

save.ca taking forever to send my coupons to me! grrrr
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes!! @Ciel the gal on the phone when I called 311 for some clarification read off the bag rules which were:
    Use 1 in the small kitchen receptacle, then transfer to the larger green bin on collection day...OR use a bag in the large green bin, then dump all the food waste into that BUT she said NOT both, meaning it would be a no-no to put small bags from the kitchen into the large green bin if it has been lined with a bag itself??
    Just shoot me now!!
    Make sure you take up the issue with all your Ward candidates for this municipal election!
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

this is an apple rant.
    Our Apple tree is loved, We LOVE our apple tree.
    Some years we get a million blossoms and NO apples, ( that was last summer )
    Some years we get some blossoms, some apples... but many rot from bugs infesting them before they ripen ( 3 years ago? )
    Either way we always have to gather and dispose of the fallen apples that litter the yard and driveway.
    This year we got plenty of blossoms and OMG waaaaaay too many apples.
    This year we've had heat waves that prevented us from showing any interest in picking the best ones to make applesauce with.
    We dreaded gathering them for green bin waste but have had to many times already.
    Up until now it's been DS and DH that have raked up the fallen soldiers.

here is the rant:
    The City placed a tag on our green bin today refusing to dump it into the main truck because the apples were not placed into bags first?? Oh good grief?? why?? I am sure that not every food item that gets placed into green bins is in bags??
    I am certain DH and DS did not do that the other times.
    I am miffed.
    sorry to hear they would not take the apples
    and then, they wonder why more people aren't using the green bin
    just too many rules!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just shoot me now!!
    ...and how do you dispose of yard waste ?? Because if you picked up branches and leaves off the ground, can it not go into the large bin? -- in the case, arent the apples considered yard waste?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When my legs fall asleep from playing mobile games for too long while sitting on the toilet.

Page 174 of 193 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 ... LastLast

Thread Information