User Tag List

Page 762 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 262 662 712 752 760 761 762 763 764 772 812 862 1262 1762 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  D246B494-CBE3-4432-885E-246926A16537.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  45.3 KB
    cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello...I thought I should check in before anyone thought that perhaps I may be deceased also. @avoncallingu , what the hell next??!! How many years have you been fighting with the US social security department and omgoodness, all that income tax nonsense??!! Wouldn't surprise me it you took to drink, poor muffin. I hope they believe that you're not the ghost of Christmas past when you walk in!! Good luck with those idiots!!

We had a wonderful day yesterday, and I absolutely recommend that KrisKringle "pass the present" game!! For a mere $10 each for our gifts, you'd think every dice roll was the most important thing happening that day! Hahaha!! I DID end up with my own gift which I fully intended to do anyway.......just one final roll of the dice could have taken it from me, but I was so lucky! We all had a really fun time with that nonsense!! Our GS is still down with his cold and cough, so he was rather quiet yesterday, but trying his best to play Santa and hand out the gifts, which we open one at a time, so it does take a while, but we've always done it that way, thanking the giver for each gift. He pooped out after about an hour and took himself to his room with his new switch thingy, poor kid. We left at 9:30 and our DD said that he put himself to bed as soon as we left. The inlaws stayed for about another hour.

Today was a day of complete R&R for both of us, nibbling our way through left-overs, sweets...I'm almost looking forward to my January 2nd diet start-date. I may not feel the same way after a few days into it, but for now, hope springs eternal!

I hope everyone had a safe, relaxing boxing day!! Did anyone else besides @walkonby dare to do any shoppping...or returning today?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks, Newfiescreech and Nat! Oddly, I am feeling better already!😄

I have to find some time to make that trip to the States as soon as I can.

Had a great visit with my friend and yummy supper and then played Rumoli. I remembered that I had played before and guess who won? We played with pennies which we left behind for the next game, of course.

I did not do any shopping today.

Am kind of running out of energy. Should head off to bed.

Good night, my friends!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Now I am fighting with this nasty cold that’s left.its giving me a headaches every time I have to blow it.
    well I am happy I went on Christmas day to my DH sister house for Christmas I forget what fun the young generation is and how the would make you laugh at the silliest of things the do. Overall it was a great day.
    Did’nt leave the house yesterday just lay on the couch and watch TVand nap in between
    will have to leave the house today to go to Global Pet Food to redo one of the Shop the Block offer from Airmiles. @avoncallingu you made me smile when you talk about the Us officials thinking you are dead, Hope you can get this all sorted out . @Natalka hope you are feeling much better.
    Have a great Thursday all

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, Happy Thursday!

Nurse will come today, checkup was moved from Tuesday.
    So I have to be up and ready, because she can come any time after eight. That meant my husband couldn't sleep in today, either...

I still had trouble getting to sleep last night - after the sleeping pill, the first sleep was only 15 minutes! I was still awake after two, but husband was too, so we had a snack. He had slept all evening, but didn't stay awake long, until I woke him at 7:30. I did sleep better towards morning.

The new bed is feeling more comfy as I get used to it.

Husband has a Dr appt this aft, then has to get blood work done as a check from his AAA surgery last year. He will go for a CT scan in Jan to ensure the mesh from the surgery is still in the right place. The doc appt today is unrelated to that, the Dr. requested he come in - I think about his hernia.

Anyhow, on with the day. Coffee and breakfast.

Enjoy the day, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Dec 27th, 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Was up early today because they are making a racket with renovations lol. Anyway I did the ddp energy workout. Supposed to be a big storm hitting as early as this afternoon with 25cm of snow. Good thing I don't have anywhere to be. Hope everyone has a good day.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nurse came not long after I posted. Another one new to me, she was awesome. She had last worked in cardiology at a hospital, switched to home care to get back to eight hour shifts.
    My BP is back up to 160, not dangerous, but not good.

Nurse, and maybe others on the team?, said that I should consider getting into a hospital. I had been wondering about that already myself, but didn't know if I could just go in without an emergency. She said yes, what I would be going in with is classed as 'failure to thrive' - a term I have only associated with babies and children.

She said to think about it over the next while, I didn't necessarily have to wait until I see my Dr. again, but I could. They are obviously concerned with the physical deterioration, but if it's left way too long, it would start affecting my psychologically because of the isolation. True dat...

So I have already started making lists...
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka I am so sorry that you did not get any good news from the Nurse. I am sure you would make the right decision that’s best for you your health comes first. Take care my friend sending u hugs.
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , I believe that the right people show up in our lives exactly when they should, and I think your new nurse, with a fresh perspective on your condition, has done just that. I'm relieved to hear that you're taking her assessment of you as "Failure to thrive" very seriously. I'm sure it's not something she'd say lightly, particularly with her experience with cardiac patients. She likely reviewed your history in great detail, also.
    I know how easy depression can set in when being isolated in a room for weeks at a time while everyone else is 'out there' enjoying full lives and I even knew mine would end when my injury healed! For you, not knowing if you'll walk again, live normally again, it must be depressing and terribly frightening. And not being at all mobile puts you at risk for other issues that are even more serious...atrophy of your muscles, pneumonia from not being mobile...Enough is quite enough, and frankly it's been enough for too long!

Please consider her advice and get some REAL help. So far you've made no progress except that they're keeping you alive.

Sorry if I'm overstepping here, but if you lived here, I'd have been banging down the door of your doctor's office until something was done to improve your health and your life. Just being kept breathing isn't thriving, and it's no life.

We all care about you, Nat......and we want you to get well soon!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Dec 27th, 2018 at 01:30 PM.

Thread Information