User Tag List

Page 765 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 265 665 715 755 763 764 765 766 767 775 815 865 1265 1765 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh yeah thanks everyone. I'll definitely go shopping Monday morning and let you know.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Off to my first performance! Hoping everyone "Projects".

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

JadeAngel likes this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Leafs pulled out a great game and another win!! I cannot stay awake any longer...nighty night all

Oh and @avoncallingu hope you broke a leg!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. @walkonby I was also watching the game but fell asleep in the 3rd period these meds I am taking . I am just hoping to be back to my self before the 2019 one can only dream
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ @flemeth well you can watch our boys again tonight against Tavares' former team ( Islanders ) for the first time since he became a Leaf!! Woo hoo!! I hope it is a fast paced game...that will keep me from nodding off too.
    Waiting for a phone call this a.m. to see if my physio gal is feeling better ( had food poisoning apparently ) .....secretly I am hoping she is still not well as I am hurting on my lower back and also feeling very lazy atm.
    ( don't want to go work out )
    Trying to clear out the fridge today from the hangers on ( leftovers ) Almost all the bird is gone now...1 large drumstick and some wing meat are all that remain...lol
    A soup IS possible but I simply do not feel motivated to make the guys one. I made my own pureed thick soup from all the roasted veggies yesterday....Mmmm that will definitely be lunch today.

For all of you who have many irons in the fire over the weekend......try to squeeze in some R & R to mix in with whatever has you running on empty! ( that means YOU @Newfiescreech ...among others )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Shhh! The doggie is still sleeping.
    I was SO proud of my nephew last night. He did a great job of his role. His other aunt, uncle and cousins came to see him as well as friends. Our director gave us all little gifts at the end and provided a scrumptious spread at the "afterglow" party. (Boxes of soup for those who played in the soup kitchen scene, for example.)
    All in all, with some glitches in lines, it came off tremendously well.

When I was taking Tootie for a walk after I got home, I heard some "meowing". I turned around, and saw our local homeless cat calling to us from our walkway. S/he ran away as I got near. So sad, as it was getting really cold last night -so I got busy and crafted a shelter from the carrier that Tootie will not use and lined it and put it on my patio with a dish of kibble, hoping s/he would find it. I don't think s/he did, though. My fellow apartment dwellers will have a fit if they notice, but I will hopefully be able to get her/him to a local cat rescue.

I contacted my step-daughter last night to see if it would be OK to visit in the middle of January. I figure that if I have to pay to get over to the States to prove I am alive, then, if I can get a cheap flight, it would be good to see my grand-daughter (and the rest of the family &#128522 Also, they are supposed to be replacing my bedroom windows in January-oiy! So being away might be good.

My step-daughter was just heading to bed, so, we'll chat this morning.

It has started snowing. An "inside" kind of a day. I think that I will try to catch a few more zzzs.

Have a wonderful "Caturday!"
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Dec 29th, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, kool_105, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Welll that rain we had has turned into a sheet of ice out there today and it's cold, so no walk for Jenny today. I'm debating whether I want us to start removing the Christmas decorations, just leaving the tree up for a while, yet. I still enjoy putting on the 'white' lights as it gets darker in the early evening, then switching to the coloured lights at night for that lovely glow. I have new art projects I want to start but I don't want to start them until it's back to neatness around here and then there's my craft table in the rec-room that needs......a LOT of organizing and cleaning up!
    THe kids have some errands to run today so DH will be going over there to keep our GS company; he's finally starting to get over his dreadful cold. The kids are....{{{giggle}}}....going to PerSmart to see if there's a new little kitten they can add to their family. The cat they have now isn't people-friendly, so they're hoping this one bonds with our GS.

Oh!! And I'm having fun with the Google Home that my DH gave me for Christmas!! I know, I was totally against them, but it it wants to spy on me talking about football, or painting, or recipes, then so be it...It's so funny, though...I said to my Hubby ... "You can ask Google to set a reminder for you to take your medications at 5pm if you want to."...and Google said, "Ok, I've set that reminder." Hahahaha...He then whispered to me that we'll have to whisper from now on... We woke up this morning and he said he wondered what the weather was like out there, and I said, "ask google!"..it was great! I also asked it what college bowl games are scheduled today and it gave me the compete run-down. It played music I asked for and we're just beginning to find out what it can do...now if only I could ask it to tell Jenny to stop barking out the window! I can, however, remind her to talk to Jenny every half hour while we're away...
    @GoJays ...you are a rascal!! That chicken one, though...ugh...that's nasty whoever thought of that! Our DD went through a period of time when she wouldn't eat eggs because they were "chick embryos"....kids, huh?? Took many explanations to correct her thought process there..
    @avoncallingu , happy to hear that your play went well!! Good stuff!!

Well, time to be somewhat productive!! Have a great day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I know I was pushing things with the chicken one. Some people will be grossed out by it and find it tasteless, but I thought it was hilarious

And regarding your Google Home - THEY now know everything about you!
    Natalka, kool_105, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's okay, @GoJays....wrt that chicken meme...there are times I find things absolutely hilarious and my DD doesn't.

As for "them" knowing all about us, I suspect they'll tune out soon enough when they find out we're just about the most boring people in the world and they have nothing to fear from us...haha!! AMOF, if 'they're' listening now, they'll be enjoying my Barry Manilow play list. Bwahahaha!!! Nothin' goin' on here!!

Hope all's well in your world, my Friend!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Dec 29th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have booked a trip to Denver. If I HAVE to go to the US, then, I might just as well visit my family!

I think that I might just switch things up a bit as both ways have stops which might invite delays.

I'm smiling wrt your DD going to find a friend for her son, @Lynn49 . I have been thinking the very same for Tootie. It can be very tricky adding a second cat to a household. I have done it, but I am sure they will get good advice. Patience and dedication to the task is the key. Her/his own litter box in it's own small room with lots of treats and company from your GS for at least a day. I always used to put a big laundry basket over the new one in a room where I could watch them sniff at each other for a while.

Well, the Drayton Theatre did not send me both gift certificates that I need for tomorrow, and I have to complete the souvenirs that I make for the cast and the bride has sent me the final version of the ceremonies in a format that I can't print, so enough lounging around.

It's VERY cold out today. What a difference from yesterday! I checked the weather in Denver for the week I will be there and it's supposed to be 9°Celsius all week.

Hoping all who are feeling under the weather are inching back to health!

BFN!

Alexa/Google- find the best and most economical flight, please.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Dec 29th, 2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @avoncallingu , I'll pass those hints to the kids wrt introducing a new kitten to the family. We're having dinner there this evening, but no mention of a kitten otherwise I know our GS would have called with excitement over the new addition.
    But it's so cold out there now...-14!!...I'd rather not go out, but....fun calls!!

Fantastic that you're heading to Denver to visit with family!!! I hope you can get away from the stress for a while that seems to pervade your life!

Where's Nat today? I don't recall her checking in and I'm sure he has some good ideas also, about new kittens..

Toodles for now, everyone!!
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I heard you Lynn, and came running!

I was on SC quickly, thought I stopped in here!

Things for me are the same. I will be able to judge better tomorrow - all my bed clothes have come apart, so I need to be off the bed for them to be fixed. Milan will come over tomorrow aft, and we will do the scooch off the bed on to a chair thing that worked last week. The new bed is lower, so it might be harder to get on to the chair seat - but as my son reminded me, he can help by giving me a lift.

Husband just left to pick up groceries at superstore - I do click and collect. It's nice I get to choose things, however there are usually a dozen items not in stock when they make up the order. Usually it's nothing important, but this time I am a little miffed at not getting pork tenderloins at a great price.

So, a sweet moment to share with you.
    After supper yesterday, husband was napping so Milan and I were talking.
    At one point he got rather serious and said at work that morning he got a song in his head. Not unusual to get an earworm, but he said he got really emotional and was glad he was working in a corner of the shop, away from the other guys.

I asked so like bad emotional, angry, happy, what? He was not looking at me and said it was Old Toy Trains, and he started welling up with tears.
    He said it was overwhelmingly happy, remembering how when he was a little boy I would read to him every night and sing. Around Christmas I would sing Old Toy Trains because it's a sweet song, and has the line Little boy, don't you think it's time you were in bed?

So my big manly son turns to me, with tears in his big beautiful brown eyes, and he thanked me, simply as that - for loving him, for making him realize he was special, and for all the time I spent with him doing anything and everything.

Well of course I started weeping, and told him how proud I am of the man he has become, and to never be embarrassed by having such a big and open heart.
    Then he said - lightening things up in his way - well it's all your fault, he remembered me saying that having him was having my heart out walking around on two legs.

There was more to this, but you get the gist.
    I am truly blessed to have this child!

Thread Information