User Tag List

Page 796 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 1296 1796 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 29342
Like Tree118504Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Went to the food bank this morning even though with wind it's like -35 lol. They always have tons of chickpeas, beans and lentils for no points. I was grabbing so many of them and the one lady is saying ok that's it, you're taking too many. The other one says no, that's why they are no points because we have too many take as many as you want. Anyway I also got a bunch of soft soups and pudding because of my teeth. Then on the way out one of them was like good thing you have that wagon. Yup it was definitely a breeze pulling it all home lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@cabmonk, I hope that soft food helps you and that you'll feel even better tomorrow.

Well, am I happy!! I was about to place a WM order for my Milani cosmetics last night because many of them weren't available in store, but put it aside and went there for a few groceries and whoa! Every single item, 5 of them, were not only in stock (yay, they carry Milani!,) the blush that they were out of on line was there! Yes. New make-up makes me deliriously happy.

Back home with my macha tea, watching to learn if Theresa May keeps her job. Likely she will.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 16th, 2019 at 08:06 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi all . Hope you all are having a great day so far.
    Most if the swelling on my face is down . It does not hurt that much.
    Well the Oral Surgeon said I will have to take the tooth out . Tomorrow is the big day for that. I am not looking forward to this. I am always scared if the dentist. Now I have to decide if I will do general anesthesia it just the freezing. I have until there closing time to decide and let them know. Didn't realized it cost an arm and leg to extract a tooth out.
    Will have to wait and see how much of my DH insurance covers.

@cabmonk hope you are not in lots of pain from extracting 3 teeth. Glad you got some food you can used for a soft diet.
    Have a great day all

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I am melting!! The cuteness!! Could not read another post once I saw that...oh @GoJays how do you always post just what we need to see? Thank you!!

Hope whoever saw the white stuff today is dealing with it as best as you can....I did see " some " in my early a.m. unplanned drive ( dropped DD to the LRT, she woke up late ) but I chose to totally ignore it and now the sun is out, so I'll take credit for that.

Wouldn't that just be something @avoncallingu IF your new-ish digs turn out to be the cause of your ongoing health issues?
    Air quality would not have even been on my radar if I were looking to rent a place....these days seems you have to consider all sources. I just hope you do not have to relocate again.

Some cooking was done this morning, but I enjoyed myself and I love when I can use up produce that might otherwise end up in the food waste bin.
    Does anyone here make " Spanish Rice? " My kids love that stuff so I sort of made a version of that but mixed in some ingredients that are part of the lazy cabbage casserole. No pasta sauce left in my stock room so I used cans of tomato juice that I had herbed up!
    It was a little loose and soupy when it went first went into the oven but thickened up so nice!
    Also made up 12 halves of stuffed peppers ( I used the red ones ).

On the top of the stove I had a batch of a fire roasted red pepper/cauliflower soup simmering ( the soup is for me only, lol ) .. I'll puree it all after it is cooled down.....so it's a safe bet I'll be relaxing for the remainder of the day and then praying for the Leafs to get their SH*T together tonight...we need a win!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 16th, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby myself, DH and older DD love Spanish Rice. And all most everyone on Both side of our family except my younger DD only eat rice in sushi .

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoJays , lol....that was a Hallmark movie plot twist! as far as that little "roo"...wouldn't we all want to be there?! So precious...

@flemeth , as much as having a tooth pulled is a mideivel process, going through it without being put under is unthinkable! I hope you have enough coverage for that choice! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm also unreasonably terrified of dentists. Ours treats me like a terrified 6- yr old, thank goodness.

@avoncallingu , one step at a time...demand to get your heating, cooling system totally inspected and repaired or threaten them with moving! Didn't you once say there was black mold at the bottom of your patio doors? Was that fixed? Is that why your windows are going to be replaced? Wasn't that supposed to happen while you were to be away this past weekend? Hoping it all gets sorted out, my Friend...I worry, you know...

Oh, forgot...yes, @walkonby we've always loved Spanish rice. Great. Now I want some.

@Natalka ...getting into more mischief again today?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 16th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! I did call through to the Social Security in Niagara Falls and -Yes- I will have to go to the States and prove I am alive. So that will probably be next week .

My landlady has been very accommodating but there are a few things in here that are definitely "gerry-rigged" - and things in the building itself are beginning to need very major repairs. I will make up my mind before the end of the month so I can give a 2 month notice and be thinking of moving around the end of March.

OMG!

I looked at a senior's place today. Half of it is apartments with plusses (like weekly cleaning and 20 meals per week at their "Bistro", underground parking.) Pet friendly. The other part of the building is for people who need a higher level of care. So, looking down the road. ....

It's not cheap by any means but has its pluses.

It's located just down the road and is still very close to my church and close to shopping. Oh my!

I took Tootie so she has given her ok. (And vice versa)

The place is called Seven Westhill Retirement Apartments in Waterloo.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Jan 16th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49

No mischief today. Not a good day at all in any way..
    Hospital wifi sucks. If I can I will pop in later to purge and whine.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh dear, Nat, sorry to hear that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  A80A46D8-9B33-42AC-B108-1B667E6ED068.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  270.8 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh dear, @avoncallingu , another move. Well it does sound like that building has seen better days even though it's a lovely building, sweet apartment and underground parking... I'll look up that seniors' center and determine whether or not it'll receive my approval for my Friend.
    @Natalka , I'm sad to hear that you didn't have a very good day today, but if it's going to happen, that's the best place for everyone to observe what you've been dealing with for the past year. I hope you'll have a much better day tomorrow, Hon.
    @Newfiescreech , I'm guessing you're up to your nose, buried in paperwork at work before...was it an audit you were preparing for? Then taxes at home...we'll keep a chair ready at the table here for when you return. I hope it's all going well for you.

Enjoy your evening, everyone.

Natalka, kool_105, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh dear, Nat, sorry to hear that.
    Name:  16DC265A-B268-4E67-BD46-2869BB3AABFD.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  21.3 KB

Happy Birthday 🎂 Avon ..hope it was wonderful day ..take care
    Lynn49, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh dear, @avoncallingu, another move. Well it does sound like that building has seen better days even though it's a lovely building, sweet apartment and underground parking... I'll look up that seniors' center and determine whether or not it'll receive my approval for my Friend.
    @Natalka, I'm sad to hear that you didn't have a very good day today, but if it's going to happen, that's the best place for everyone to observe what you've been dealing with for the past year. I hope you'll have a much better day tomorrow, Hon.
    @Newfiescreech, I'm guessing you're up to your nose, buried in paperwork at work before...was it an audit you were preparing for? Then taxes at home...we'll keep a chair ready at the table here for when you return. I hope it's all going well for you.

Enjoy your evening, everyone.

Hi Lynn ..yes ..got in 8pm tonight..busy busy doing service fee’s bill for residents in community..got get them in post office Monday morning..then year end reports got be done up for our public meeting for residents in our community..once thats all done ...then audit will be done by government..then i can start focusing on 2019 year ..right now i’m Clueing up 2018. .Gee i dont like year end ..that much get done no time for anything.how you doing these day ..see your hibernation is taken over huh LOL 😝 how’s diet going for you ..i got 10 lbs off now another 10 go lol 😝 have lovely night sweetie and Take good care yourself
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka, JadeAngel and cabmonk like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Thread Information