User Tag List

Page 867 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 367 767 817 857 865 866 867 868 869 877 917 967 1367 1867 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Laughs in the morning are good!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh boy...missed plenty in here and it was just one part of a day?
    The progress you are making wrt walking @Natalka is wonderful! I can imagine Milan's surprise by it all.
    I only wish you could get some reprieve from those tears ( from pain ), that part always gets me choked up for you.

The excitement is in the air for you @avoncallingu ! Your new digs will be such an improvement and look at all that free time you'll have on your hands?! Did I understand there will be no responsibilities of cooking or cleaning for you? SIGN ME UP! ha ha
    @cabmonk those " air punches " you posted are supposed to be done slow right? I know lots of the physio moves I am told to do they often say to me " slow down " ha ha
    @GoJays glad to hear that you can take in air again ( breathe ). Glad your illness is taking a hike!

What nonsense yesterday was. A wasted trip struggling to load both dogs in the vehicle, PRAYING neither of them will poop on the way....only to arrive there and be told that the groomer had a family emergency.
    It is what it is. I would never put my foot in my mouth and lash out because who knows what the emergency was? Thankfully they booked me in today for an 8 a.m. so the pooches are there now.

Then later in the aft. both of them along with one of our cats are off to the vet for their Exams + shots.
    I hope that grooming AND a vet visit on the same day is not going to stress the doggies too much.
    As I am typing this it's pretty hard not to laugh at Hamlet ( he'll be the one hissing at the dogs later on the way to the vet ) because he thinks the new bed I brought home is for him.
    He is currently " kneading " the plush material and drooling....all in preparations to curl up and snooze in there.
    Oh good grief!! he spent all that time primping in the new bed and now I look over and he is asleep in the old one next to it.
    Cats are crazy!!

I missed almost the entire Leaf game last night....could not keep my eyes open. DH would nudge me at each goal...and when Ennis got his first hat trick, but even after that I dozed back off. The win was what mattered anyways, at least I saw the highlights.

Enjoy the week everyone, our temps right now are very challenging and cold!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, thanks to you all for the memes and gifts, it is truly nice to have a giggle or an OMG!

The funniest giggle is here in SK, the PM was supposed to visit, promoting climate change at Canadian Tire. However, SK people were on the ball, so many people contacted and pressured the store, so they said they were dropping Justin.
    Then, since there wasn't a sponsor for his trip, the Liberal party would have to pay for security .- so, guess what? They wouldn't, so he isn't coming. You Easterners can keep him!

Just waiting for my turn to have a shower. It's nice just to laze in jammies since I don't have physio until after lunch.
    I can't just jump into the shower here, I have to use a shower chair in the big shower room, with help from an aide.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:03 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good afternoon all. It’s very cold out. Was busy in the kitchen all morning trying to make a few dishes to take to my DH cousin Memorial tonight.
    Hope you all are having a great Tuesday will have to read back a few post to catch up with everyone. @walkonby I also did not get to watch the full game.
    Enjoy your day all

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry trying to post but my iPad is not cooperating.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Mar 5th, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby Yeah slow burn punches. There are also faster quick twitch. It's dynamic resistance where as you do a move you contract your muscles. It sends blood to that area and raises your heart rate without having to jump all over the place.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@cabmonk -sounds very scientific! You go, guy! - slowly, or quickly-whichever is required! You could probably be a trainer when you are done!

@Natalka - I read part of a headline about Trudeau cancelling something. I wish I had read it to see what "reason" they gave. I am definitely more of a small "L" liberal than most of you and have liked the direction the party has "planned" to go -but, boy. There is something "rotten in the state of Denmark" I am afraid. It seems women may bring down Trump and women may bring down Trudeau and if we could only bring down Ford, I 'd be happy. Maybe time for me to get back into politics. As if I don't have enough to do!

Sorry -didn't mean to venture into politics.

Y'all are not going to believe this-I didn't when I took the message off the phone. Social Security in Niagara Falls called. (At least they have the right number and do believe I am alive.) It seems that since they gave me PART OF the money that they owed me from being dead-the Treasury has sent the cheque for the REST of it to the Niagara Falls, NY office and I have 7 days to show up in person or they will send it BACK to the Treasury. Then, the theory is that the Treasury will then re-issue it and send it directly to me BUT by then, I will have moved and they will probably conclude that I am DEAD again.

7 work days from now I will be shampooing my rug and getting Rogers installed. Can I please sign up to get CLONED?????

@Lynn49 -I was very briefly in Fabricland also this afternoon. It is right beside Goodwill where I was dropping off some clothes. They are not very friendly in there! Bad vibes! The salespeople are nasty to each other and very short with customers. I may just call and make that observation to their manager. Maybe they need a new manager.......hmmmm... Did I tell you that working at Fabricland was my very favourite part time job when I was at university? Sure beat scrubbing toilets at the hospital housekeeping! What info did you get from your doctor?

Got to leave Tootie again and head off for Mardi Gras Supper! There were some very neat silent auction things on which to bid (up the price &#128522

TTFN!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Mar 5th, 2019 at 05:50 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Popping back in while tablet still has juice.

Good physio today - but it was tough, I will admit that. Practicing sit/stands from a lower height, then a walk, then the stepper.
    I was pooped right out!

Head of physio stopped by to talk, evaluated the exercises I am on, and letting me know what is coming up. Gah, next week will be prepatory work for stairs. Not to start them yet, but to get my feet used to making that motion of the step up.

Had a chance to speak briefly with the head of occupational therapy who was my guide on my last rodeo. She asked some questions on what I was able to do independently so I won't have to see her much until nearer the end of my stay.

I'm a gonna have a bit of a rest now, I am sore in many places!

Have a nice evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@avoncallingu Lol yeah I don’t want to train anyone. I tend to be shy in situations like that. Doing the dynamic resistance from the ddp yoga definitely helped me gain muscle. Not using weights or anything.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , hope you enjoyed your Mardi Gras meal. We had pancakes today. I was all set to make a beef stew but I was told in no uncertain terms that I am to make pancakes on pancake Tuesday for dinner. Yeesh. Children. So they all had their white flour pancakes while I enjoyed my almond flour pancakes And to answer your question from this morning, I am feeling much better, thank you. I just hope it doesn't decided to turn into a sinus infection. I've had them in the past so I know the beginnings. Monitoring diligently. Can't go to the doctor too early because they won't treat it, wait too long and it's excruciating. It's a slippery slope.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I just hope it doesn't decided to turn into a

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oooo, I love quite dark toast.

No pancakes pour moi today - salmon fillet with dill sauce, rice and peas for supper.

However, supper is at 4:30, it's coming nine and my tummy is very growly. Gah, I don't like eating junk when I am really hungry, I need nutrition. I only have junk snackies, both salty and sweet, drat.

Good night, kind souls!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

happy birthday, jays!
    hope you have a wonderful day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Birthday @GoJays . Hope you have a wonderful day celebersting with your loved ones.
    Hoping you are feeling much better

Thread Information