User Tag List

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to the gym Monday and Tuesday this week. Yesterday I was off but did tons of walking. Taking a break today (damn being a women somedays ugh!!) Will be cleaning and doing laundry tonight so that will be my workout. Back at it tomorrow!
    cabmonk and Ciel like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Saturday's progress report: 3 more pounds gone!
    Weigh-in days usually weigh heavily on my mind, but once the Poon scale gave me cheer-worthy news my mood brightened!
    Hope anyone struggling with either diet or exercise in their valiant efforts to get back their body or to re-shape it for the first time for health reasons, I am WITH you!!
    Strength in numbers....
    cabmonk, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

shhhh....be vewy, vewy quiet, but I think I have already dropped 3 more lbs!
    I'll re-post if it is more this coming Saturday at " official weigh-in day!

cabmonk, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have noticed this month that Longos has partnered with Toronto Rehab Foundation to present the Healthy Eating information in conjunction with Cardiac College. Might be a useful resource for anyone wanting some help with eating to maintain a healthy heart.
    https://www.healtheuniversity.ca/EN/...s/default.aspx

Given all the pop I have been taking in this month, I need to see what the scale tells me about my weight. With the longer daylight hours in the spring, I should find it easier to drink water. My skin will thank me once I rehydrate it.
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Goodbye March! Good bye four more pounds!!
    Yeppers! my weigh-in at the Clinic this morning was a true comfort.
    Dr. also said that ALL 4 of those pounds I dropped were of the " fat " persuasion....double hee hee!
    ( that is now 57 lbs melted away since end of Oct )

Even better is my BMI has now improved. When I started this programme my BMI categorized me as Stage 3 Obese.
    ( not sure if any of you remember Dr.'s used to call that morbidly obese, but they have renamed their categories into Stages 1,2 and 3 to be kinder )
    My new and much improved BMI now categorizes me as " just " overweight!! No more Stages of obesity!!

I wanted to dash home and reward myself mixing up a batch of creamy dreamy Greek yogurt with powdered cocoa and stevia,
    ( a yummy dessert I invented and up until 3 weeks ago thought was totally allowed! ) but once I got home I thought " why is my initial instinct to make my reward a food item? " . So I decided nope....I'll wait for my lunchtime and enjoy what I had planned to eat then.
    I'll have to figure out a much better reward later.

Carry on being strong in whatever method you are all using to improve your health and fitness levels!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    cabmonk, Ciel and list465 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I will take the successful drop of 3 more pounds over this last 2 week period as a sign that I can do this....right till the end when I reach my goal weight!! Feeling strong again.
    cabmonk, list465 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

How is this idea for a true visual motivator for our weekly or biweekly pounds successfully dropped??

I am going on the hunt around my house now for what I can drop " 60 of " into the jar on the right!! ha ha
    I love this!! @Lynn49 what do you think ?
    cabmonk and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The tricky Easter Bunny didn't catch me off guard! I stayed away from all of his tempting treats.

My weigh in was this afternoon. I eagerly read over the little printout from the scale that they give you and saw that I had lost 2.5 more lbs!!

So as the Dr. entered the room I made a sad face and hung my head down some and said " I can't believe I gained 5 lbs! " and he was unusually understanding saying " I've been hearing that a lot today, Easter is a very tough time to be on a diet. "

But then I said " no, no, no, I was only kidding! " then he checked my data on his computer and said that 1.5 of the 2.5 I had lost was fat! I never get tired of hearing that.

So once back home I quickly removed 3 of my pretty blue " gems " from my Pounds To Lose jar and dropped them into the Pounds Lost jar. Ya can't split those plastic gems in half and anyways the day after my weigh-ins I usually drop another lb or so. That is now 63 lbs represented in the GONE jar with just 37 remaining in the other.

Good Luck everyone on this long haul of a journey towards smaller summer clothes and more energy!!
    cabmonk and Frugalbigmama like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I made the statement yet again ( in my head ) when I stepped off the scale at the Clinic....." Sheesh! I only lost a pound? "
    So grateful that by the time I walked around to the workout area an acquaintance in the class rescued me from myself and so I will post this photo to remember to celebrate ALL losses.

Tally ho!! I must keep going.
    harbie and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby I saw someone using jars like that on my ddp yoga group. He had like 150lbs left to lose though. I think he was using marbles.

Anyway, I haven’t posted here for a little while. I was posting mostly in the chat thread but I have kept plugging along. Here are some before and after pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    harbie and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

today at physio I did 15 push ups 2 times!! and did my " step up stuff " on the higher step apparatus as well as used higher weights while doing squats and such. At this point I am not sure which muscles will be cursing me tomorrow but they will have to just take a number!

ha ha
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    today at physio I did 15 push ups 2 times!! and did my " step up stuff " on the higher step apparatus as well as used higher weights while doing squats and such. At this point I am not sure which muscles will be cursing me tomorrow but they will have to just take a number!

ha ha
    maybe a warm shower using the pulsing feature might help with muscle soreness
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    maybe a warm shower using the pulsing feature might help with muscle soreness
    @Shwa Girl we don't have any fancy gadgets or removable shower heads to play with here...... both bathrooms just have a tap on and off and the water flows out at the top. ha ha
    However, I did take 2 muscle relaxants and placed a warm heating pad under my thighs as I sat in the recliner. That felt so nice!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I dragged my lethargic butt to my workout this a.m. but I postponed my May 25th scheduled weigh-in until June 1st.
    This darn cold/cough nonsense thing that decided to burrow into my perfectly content body a couple of days ago is upsetting my metabolism! Well, that or it was the giant double chocolate muffin I scarfed down the other day!
    There are some moments/and or days where I succumb.

ha ha ha
    list465 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know a few members here ( as well as myself ) have participated in and are still experiencing the positive benefits from I.T. ( Intermittent Fasting )...... however, after watching this very long video ( it is so long .....ha ha ) I have come to admire and appreciate more and more the power our bodies have to instinctively fix, heal or simply regulate itself.

Enjoy watching if ya have Nuttin else to do!!

Last edited by walkonby; Fri, May 24th, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 32 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information