User Tag List

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all.
    going to be a long day. i have loads to get done. but it will all get done hopefully.

i need to pack, and get the house in order for us being gone . oldest will stay as she works...
    tonight i have a funeral visitation for my husbands 2nd cousin.. he took his own life. so very very sad. and so young... same age as my youngest.. she knew him.. but didnt know they were related. sigh.

ok. plan is splash pad, wading pool. play. home for pizza bagels. one child naps. then down to the icecream store in the aternoon. before kids get picked up.
    going for a pedicure after work. then funeral visitation.
    oh, and clean the house.. and pack...
    Hugs to you, DH and your family on the passing of your relative. Don't hesitate to reach out for grief assistance if you or anyone is feeling sideways or down about the death.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Frigo is here !!!! I am super happy!!!! It did goes well because i did the cleaning of the space before,but like promised they did not call us 1 hours before so they where there at 7:30 am lol that is insane...We (father and hi) empty in rush the old frigo and now we did the fill up and the cleaning of the stuff.Happy but exausted.A big napping and chilling is on the menu for the rest of the day...
    Congratulation on the new fridge arriving and for predicting you'd have to clear the stairs to ensure delivery, @cath007 !

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Given the heat, I'll have to purchase some snacks and beverages to get Mom and I through the long weekend. Sibling has gone with a buddy on a road trip so he won't be home for a few days. No, he won't look for a sewing pattern I'd like, but I asked anyway.

Sobeys has a really good coupon offer for the weekend: spend $100 and get a $10 Sobeys gift card or 100 bonus AM. I'd go for the bonus AM and buy 4 Pepsico products for another 30 bonus AM. Too hot today.

Canadian Tire has a Rustoleum spray paint for $12.99 in the desired colour I seek. Think I better run the idea by Mom before I commit (the rust on the pole needs coverage). There's a road closure coming up near me that will close the shorter route to Walmart and CT, so the plan is to buy CT paint and liquid soap this weekend.

The backyard looks inviting for a lounge chair or blanket and a book and a cold drink. So there's a storm coming today...happy garden will take the rain. I noticed on Twitter that a hawk visited a Toronto splash pad-poor creature must have been desparate for cool water.

Que Pasa red & natural chips are on sale at various grocers: $2.49 at Fortinos, 2 for $7 at Sobeys and $2.99 at Food Basics. Easy red and white without any cooking effort.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I think the storm passed us buy -it got windy and a bit dark but nothing ,then sunshine my daughter called and it was pouring in Toronto

Had Ashlyn for the day -took her to toyrus and if you show you report card you get a 5.00 cpn ,so I let her pick out a toy within reason so it was a shopkin doll set 19.99 and a small stuffed mouse 3.99 plus a ring pop =came to 22.00 after cpnThen on to a splash pad by us for 40 minutes then home ,filled a small blow up pool I have and she went in it -I dipped my feet

My son picked her up at 3.40 so I am relaxing the rest of the night
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Managed to make time for the Burlington market today, the strawberries are delicious. Almost everything on my to do list is done, @Ciel I saw those chips and as soon as I left Metro I kicked myself for not buying them. I may go back in the morning for them as Metro has the spend 10.00 in AM get 25 miles back promo.
    We are off to the Rolling Stones concert Saturday. The advantage of almost grown fairly responsible children is they can be left with the dog and no parents and all is still fine.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Rain and thunderstorms today. We need it too besides the thunderstorms. I got a rude awakening someone knocked at my door then tried my door handle good thing it was locked. Some people got no respect for others. It’s muggy inside so I turned my AC for a cooling off for bit. I really wish people downstairs wouldn’t have there heat cranked during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!! 90% of my to do list is accomplished today.I am quite happy.Clean the stove and mop the floors will wait tomorrow because I was to exausted and I listened my body.There is always a tomorrow and steady win the race.Alright off to go get some fresh airs outside and then after maybe a bath to relax myself and then a good I hope night of no stress sleep.Have a good friday night everyone!!! Feel great that is is the long canada week end!!! I feel a little bit guilty and frugal to not have changed the stove to ..but it work great and they will have others good deals,I will kept my eyes open
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Jun 28th, 2019 at 09:30 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! OMG I am so pissed to not receive the metro qc flyer ...if I would not check it on here or reebee I would miss some great deals,....Go to the end of the city to get the stuff compared to maxi who price match and its 5 min away from my house just make no sense to me.This week they have a deal on chapman frozen yogurt 3,94$ will buy 2 container and then Simply Orange orange juice big canister at 5,99$ because we drink a lot x3 and then pc points of 800points per 4$ spend...May purchase more oasis juice box tomorrow since they are still 2$ at maxi and the coupon expire tomorrow.I want orange juice boxes because they are handy when we run out of orange juice

Ok.today the plan is cleaning at my rythm,I had a good night of sleep so that will help.Rain is on the menu and cloud for today.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Glad I was quick to check flashfood this earlier Morning,my dad is Always on the hunt of a good steak at maxi but the price are insane so I found him 2 good one expire tomorrow at 50% off bifsteak and I got sausages for me olymel ..quite happy with my haul cost my less than 20$ witch is the price of 1 steak lol.Happy canada day Week end everyone!!! saved at least 20$!!!

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Good Morning everyone!!! It is my birthday today so heading out soon If I had been born two days later would have been born on Canada Day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Join Gifthulk get amazon gcs

Get amazon and other gift cards at the New Superpoints by using my invite link (pm me for any help and don't forget to fill out your profile) Spin the wheel and earn points

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneha2008 View Post
    Good Morning everyone!!! It is my birthday today so heading out soon If I had been born two days later would have been born on Canada Day.
    Happy Birthday! You have lots of long weekend events on in Toronto so deciding where to go must be hard!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While Mom was asking me why I carried things home yesterday (12cans of Pepsi, a 6pk of San Pellegrino on sale, PC sparkling juice on sale, 2 Que Pasa chip bags and 2 reduced produces items, she was glad late last night for the juice! Because she wanted something cold and not pop.

BTW, I had found a $1 off San Pellegrino Fantasia coupon dropped beside some Coke cases at Fortinos and thought (score!) but fine print on back mentions coupon is not valid without embedded hologram (none seen). Thought I had a good coupon but it's junk and it explains why someone dropped it. Are SCers who do find San Pellegrino coupon pads finding holograms on those coupons? Not sure why someone would print invalid double-sided coupons???? Bit miffed that the San Pellegrino lemon+tea cans are only 250ml, not 355ml like the regular San Pell. products. But they are refreshing!

Today's a warmer day-perfect for drying laundry outside and washing portable tables and sweeping basement floor. I really want to rack and stack sibling's stuff downstairs to gain some floor space. Better idea will be to work on sewing.

I have a friend who ordered me the desired dress sewing pattern I want on Ebay and I gave her enough cash to cover the purchase plus a little extra. Looking foward to Xmas in summer when the package comes. Since I love the dress sleeve variations, I may be able to play with the sleeves but use them on a different dress pattern to make something summery for Mom to wear (and save me from another dress shopping expedition as she needs something in two months' time for a wedding). I was intending to propose a Mississauga shopping trip next week but I have to go to Burlington by bus and it will hot then too...not keen to melt two times on public transit in one week.
    @lizzie bargain how do you like Toronto's hot weather? Are you, DH and Mom managing to keep cool and enjoy the earlier and later hours out and about?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Chips make a great meal idea-just add canned fish, salsa or dip and there's food ready to eat.

I will peel and chop the sweet potatoes to either boil and mash tonight or bake as slices with herbs. The fruit package-some of it is half mushy but there was a lovely large apricot in the package I set aside for Mom to enjoy (I had the softened plums and one mushy pear).
    @Angela273 your no animal products diet has me trying to figure out which tofu meal ideas might work for you when you have time to do prep. I realize your kids might not be as keen on spicy foods but you never know if they might want to try some anyway!

Ricardo has a veggie & pork meatloaf with red pepper bbq sauce I could see you making with Yves veggie ground round, egg substitute (apricot puree or ground flaxseed & water) and instead of panko (Japanese white bread made with milk) crumbs, just use any bread crumbs. Hmm, website does not have it online (grr, will type it up on Tuesday).
    LCBO magazine has two spicy tofu meal ideas:

Spicy grilled tofu skewers with quick-pickled vegetables
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...&recipeID=8332

Spicy tofu nut burgers (replace the mayo with white bean dip or whatever kidney bean dip you like)
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...&recipeID=8335

Grilled kiwi parfait with coconut-cashew granola (replace the yogurt with some topping product like Cool whip?)
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...0195&seasonal=

Chilled tomato gazpacho
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...&recipeID=8320

Summer salad-grilled corn and vegetable salad with chimichurri:
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...&recipeID=8317

Barque's Barbecue Sauce (yes, I realize a spice or blend might trigger a headache, but MacGyver the recipe if you can):
    http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/Reci...&recipeID=8355

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well slept in this morning til 8.00 a.m so nice ,then did a load of laundry and hung it out ,chatted with neighbour .
    Off I went to indigo to return the small toy I got cara (got another one cheaper at shoppers senior day last Thursday) and a book I got for 2.00 decided to be frugal as I am always going to library so I didn't want the 2.00 book -8.82 back on my debit

Then I stopped for gas 1.18 cheaper than yesterday so glad I waited
    Then on to shoppers I am in charge of the snacks and drinks for our trip away so spent $70 at shoppers thank goodness it was 20 times the points

Staying in as its hot out there til I babysit baby cara at 4.00 p.m ,will be taking left overs to my son's for supper as I don't want spend on fast food ,treated myself to a toblerone bar 1.99 yum I shared with hubby
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I didn’t grab the newspaper last night so I had to look at the flyer for shoppers drug mart on my phone under flyers. It’s itty bitty but I just use my fingers to zoom in. It’s not wasted paper at least.

I thought of something when I was in Katimavik as our group was in Nanaimo, BC. We had to only have a small(regular) bag of garbage a week there was 11 of us living in a house 7 girls and 4 guys. Yes it was crazy. I remember one day forgetting to put the garbage out we put the recycling out but not the garbage as we didn’t know which day was pick up. I was up very late the night before cleaning as everyone went out to the movies even the project leader. I remember bringing out the trash and putting it at the end of the driveway. But I guess my project leader when she got home from the movies dragged it back in. I got a rude awakening at 6:30am from the project leader talking about the garbage truck I waved her off and told her I put it at the end of the driveway last night. Well she had the nerve to tell me that she was giving me 2nd warning I said fine give me one I put the trash at the end of the driveway last night. She then proceeded to tell me I was kicked out of the program over a trash can I said go ahead kick me but I put the trash at the end of the driveway last night. I was wide awake by now and yelling and screaming at her. For waking me up from sleeping. She said I had to make her breakfast I said no I am not making u bacon, eggs and hash brown breakfast I am sleeping you woke me up at 6:30am because someone probably you dragged in the trash can because I put it at the end of the driveway last night. I got on the phone to the project coordinator and called her now at 7am to inform her my project leader kicked me out for taking the trash to the end of driveway last night and she brought it back in and when the garbage truck came at 6:30am she told me she was kicking me out of the program because I didn’t take out the trash. The project coordinator drove to our house from quallicum beach. She hit rush hour traffic as we lived close to the university and the highway. But as everyone went off to work(volunteer job) I showered put clothes on and sat down on the couch. I also made myself a breakfast and shared with my house manager counterpart but not the project leader. I watched as she stared at me while I made the breakfast and only grabbed two plates. The project coordinator finally got to the house around 9:30am and ruled out that I was not kicked out of the program.
    That the person at fault was the project leader it was her second warning apparently she did it in the first rotation as well. As it was my 2nd rotation. She was relieved for 5 days and told to go home to her parents house which was in Victoria by chance. She started yelling and cussing talking about the money. She was told to hand over the debit card they were given for the program and the password for account/card. We was free from her wrath but had the project coordinator stay for 3 days then had others within the community check on us for the other 2 days. We were much more talkative to each other while she was gone dinner became the highlight of our nights. We spend hours chit chatting over things we did for the day. My day of course was cleaning and fixing the meals for the day. She never allowed us to talk during dinner or play music while I cooked. She made us buy bread where our group was good at making it. 6 loaves a day. When she returned she would seem to go out of her way to think I was up to no good. It didn’t stop me from having fun at work my volunteer position was a Lab Technician for a Scientist at DFO. Everyday was a new experience there besides cleaning out 1001 glass bottles, 20,000 test tubes, and 4 tanks outside full of slime. (February to May 2006)

During katimavik I honed my skills as a cook made interesting meals sometimes out of nothing into something. It’s where I decided to go into culinary arts college after the program. Which ended in August 2006, 10 days after my 22nd birthday.

My couponing was all I did I clipped them I got them sent to the different placements I was at and made trades. I believe I had left and was already a member of this site. I was already frugal but katimavik our budget was small and the fridge was even smaller. We relied on donations of appliances, kitchen tools, furniture, linens, and some times toilet paper. All and all I survived.

Today I went to the bank then shoppers drug mart I bought - 2x Folgers instant coffee, 2x international delight hazelnut flavour, 1 brick of butter and 1 package of paper bowls all for $16.72...the cashier was rude and was frustrated that she had to make change from $21. She argued with me over the 60cents I had and not 70 cents. It seemed like she woke up in a terrible mood or something I shop there a lot and find when you say you have a bag they don’t bag and people behind you loudly sigh. The loud sigh was unnecessary by all means and making change isn’t so hard to do. It’s like just because it’s a long weekend and you have to work doesn’t mean foul mood is needed. I said hello to everyone on the street today and only got one in return.

I checked out the garden in the backyard and someone who is known to kill everything or replant it elsewhere is hard at work doing just that. It had rained yesterday and last night so the dirt was still wet. The staff member replanted the raspberry bushes near the fence where there is full sun all day they are dead. Because they don’t get ample amount of water and there was lavender bushes there before which choke out the soil of all nutrients. The squash the same staff planted has rot on it already and it’s not big at all. The company that dropped the bag of dirt off wanted their bag back. The bag was cut down the seams by that staff member so they didn’t get their deposit back on that. I heard the staff member got in trouble over that issue. I am concerned once all of this stuff begin to grow bigger the plots are not going to big enough at all it was stupid to grow 5 things in half a plot of soil. Especially like things like tomato, watermelon, peas, carrots and celery. Everything will start to grow together after awhile choking out each other’s nutrients, water and sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information