User Tag List

Page 1057 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 57 557 957 1007 1047 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1067 1107 1157 1557 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all

@walkonby , glad to hear that Murphy is doing well. Hopefully the chicken bites will do the trick.
    @Lynn49 , it was a slip, honest! LoL...of course I know you were kidding! I know you're able to see that "L" and "O" are pretty darn close to each other on the keyboard. you're one SMRT lady.

Have a wonderful weekend folks! See you back here on Monday.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, friends! People keep saying, "Touch of fall in the air.." "NO!"I say, I love fall but I feel like I haven't had a summer yet.

Blank canvas of a day. I am meeting some of my building friends to listen to music and have a late supper. They are a very sweet couple and love Tootie. When I visit their apartment, they set up a special chair for her so that she can be near me while we talk.

I have exercise class at 10:30, so I had better get launched and take the girlie out for a walk.

I am anxiously waiting the latest report on Murphy. Do I dare to hope that he'll be home soon in your loving arms, @walkonby ?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , your comment reminded me of this:

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @avoncallingu , your comment reminded me of this:

Just imagine if Starbucks ever started serving booze...Pumpkin Spiced Margaritas!

Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!
    ...penultimate end of the summer weekend (unofficially) is upon us!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Just imagine if Starbucks ever started serving booze...Pumpkin Spiced Margaritas!
    Oh dear.... it would definitely be overpriced and full of whipped cream

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hello again dear peeps!
    Another visit with Murphy ( this time it was DH and I who went... at 3 a.m. so the ICU is even more quiet.
    I had hoped Murphy would have eaten a couple of morsels from my hand of the cooked chx breast meat I had brought, but sadly he seemed to be even weaker ( tried to stand and walk out of the cage towards us but his legs buckled under him ) on this visit.
    So I settled for holding/cuddling him again, and whispered all the news to him that was happening at home. I told him Hamlet had taken up residence in his wee doggy bed, coaxing him to make a quick recover so he can shoo him out of there!
    We did not stay too long, but I think he was happy we came.
    The Hospital called here just a short while ago.
    Most of the news was good.........again.
    His creatinine levels dropped down by another 150 " points ". ( I know points is the wrong word but he is making terrific progress in that area )
    The rotten news was hearing that the decision had been made to insert that feeding tube through his nose. I get it, he went too long refusing all food so they almost have no choice. They tell me that the " food " is kind of like giving Ensure to a person, and the stuff is specially formulated for animals with kidney ailments. At least that part sounded reassuring to me.

They have taken him off off the anti-anxiety med he was placed on initially. When he was first admitted he was doing this troubling and constant trembling, ( resembled shivering ) so they put him on it to try and calm him.
    They now feel this is making him too lethargic so they will continue to monitor his mood and condition once all the drug has left his body. Some of this is guesswork and some is " wait and see ".

o.k. update completed, so now I will have a quick cry and then carry on.
    Fellow furbaby owners....those of you who have experienced these vet/clinic/hospital stays and some who have said goodbye to your sweet companions, I understand completely the emotional toil this takes on us.
    I feel so much better venting about our worries here.

Name:  64301e7feb63e3f1725636a30bd550c5.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  38.4 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/bearnaked

Good luck all those interested. It’s a freebie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://astro.ca/

Another Freebie for those who are interested

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh poor poor Murphy, stubborn little thing. Feeding tubes sound so unpleasant but perhaps it will encourage him to try eating. Fingers still crossed for him @walkonby

Thanks for the freebie heads-up @flemeth

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby (((Hugs))) I can only imagine what you and the family are going through. My Thor being our first fur baby we are attached like if he is human. I will keep praying that Murphy pull through this . And as much as the feeding tube sounds scary all we want is for him to get stronger and to be home with his family and his vets sounds to be great. My family is rooting for him to get well soon. I keep talking about him to them like I have met this cute fur baby before .
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    https://www.save.ca/bearnaked

Good luck all those interested. It’s a freebie
    Thanks so much flemeth..sure appreciate
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    hello again dear peeps!
    Another visit with Murphy ( this time it was DH and I who went... at 3 a.m. so the ICU is even more quiet.
    I had hoped Murphy would have eaten a couple of morsels from my hand of the cooked chx breast meat I had brought, but sadly he seemed to be even weaker ( tried to stand and walk out of the cage towards us but his legs buckled under him ) on this visit.
    So I settled for holding/cuddling him again, and whispered all the news to him that was happening at home. I told him Hamlet had taken up residence in his wee doggy bed, coaxing him to make a quick recover so he can shoo him out of there!
    We did not stay too long, but I think he was happy we came.
    The Hospital called here just a short while ago.
    Most of the news was good.........again.
    His creatinine levels dropped down by another 150 " points ". ( I know points is the wrong word but he is making terrific progress in that area )
    The rotten news was hearing that the decision had been made to insert that feeding tube through his nose. I get it, he went too long refusing all food so they almost have no choice. They tell me that the " food " is kind of like giving Ensure to a person, and the stuff is specially formulated for animals with kidney ailments. At least that part sounded reassuring to me.

They have taken him off off the anti-anxiety med he was placed on initially. When he was first admitted he was doing this troubling and constant trembling, ( resembled shivering ) so they put him on it to try and calm him.
    They now feel this is making him too lethargic so they will continue to monitor his mood and condition once all the drug has left his body. Some of this is guesswork and some is " wait and see ".

o.k. update completed, so now I will have a quick cry and then carry on.
    Fellow furbaby owners....those of you who have experienced these vet/clinic/hospital stays and some who have said goodbye to your sweet companions, I understand completely the emotional toil this takes on us.
    I feel so much better venting about our worries here.

Name:  64301e7feb63e3f1725636a30bd550c5.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  38.4 KB
    Hi walkonby..sure hope everything well be fine with Murphy..Sending my thoughts and prayers sweetie to Murphy ..I know your furbabe means so much to you and your family ..Know I’m thinking about you ALL ..Take care sweetie
    Last edited by Newfiescreech; Fri, Aug 23rd, 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Thread Information