User Tag List

Page 1007 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 7 507 907 957 997 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1017 1057 1107 1507 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,105 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Today is my +Mom's birthday, born 1926. Talked with my son about her, he has great memories of her, even though he was just a few months over four years old.

Name:  Olga Holota.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  38.5 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Off to spin class. Hope everyone has a good day today.
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka I could feel the tears well up in my eyes as I pondered how proud your Mom would have been of the man Milan has grown into. ( sniff, sniff ) So glad you found a decent priced fix for the tablet. Post away!!

Yes... @GoJays that mention of the lost joy when eliminating the white poison ( aka sugar ) from our diets rings a familiar bell with me. I AM a sugar addict. Always will be, there is no saying I have kicked anything really. I have my " full of myself " days, that stretch into months of best behaviour and I strut around like I have all the answers......and then one day I decide to inhale the clam shell of frosted Cinnamon buns.
    Not one bun....I mean, I go for it 100%! ha ha So thankfully today is NOT a Cinnamon bun day.

For the last 3 1/2 weeks I've been resting ( teetering, balancing ) uncomfortably on the Dr. Poon vs BBQ, summer fun, get togethers fence. Two good as gold days pass and then I think I can get away with enjoying myself for a day.
    The scale begs to differ.

hey....speaking of scales! @cabmonk your numbers blew me away! ONE HUNDRED lbs gone? Wowsa!! I knew it was high as the before and after pics show it all. Biggest Congrats being sent to you. I know how much better you feel pal, I really do! I have kissed 70 lbs goodbye successfully and if I could bump up my physical workouts even a little I would see better results.
    This coming Halloween will be my 1 year mark, my goal is to focus on losing the last 20 lbs. before then.
    @avoncallingu the special care your neighbour ( with the broken arm(s) ) is now expected to get is great news! That was such a scary and sad situation she was in. Oh and btw where is @Lynn49 with the proper scolding she should be posting to you about not practicing saying NO to too much volunteering? ha ha

More work today awaits us in the front, the sun is just too much though, I don't fancy sweating that much so I'll wait till they all want to start up again. Yesterday I found 2 healthy Bleeding Heart pots, a Honeysuckle bush, some Lily's, 2 Clematis and 4 small things called creeping baby's breath. The stuff is now on at 50% off at some of the stores, so that was nice! Hopefully we can get them all arranged and planted where they will thrive best today.

Happy Hump Day all!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby and you are doing great too. I could probably do a bit better too if my depression and energy were a bit better. It often takes me hours to get going most days. Something really gave me a boost yesterday. Ddp yoga asked if they could feature me on their Facebook and Twitter pages inc my before and after pics. Also the parkrun I do here for the 5k races featured me on their Facebook page and said how hard I’ve been working.

Today was a 50 min spin class, 30 min interval training on the treadmill. Then I came home for lunch and the ddpy was energy workout. Tomorrow no ddpy but I’ll be doing the high intensity interval training spin class and will try an hour on the treadmill.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Wed, Jul 10th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, all!

Wednesday is fine with me, @walkonby , otherwise we'd be packing for camp today and I had stuff to do.

As to Avon, I think I've said all I could possibly have said, so now I'm on the subject. @avoncallingu , you do whatever flips your skirt.

I baked those pumpkin muffins for GS for the weekend as well as another couple visiting them with their teenage son, from down south somewhere...he's a coroner and she gives motivational speeches around the world...they're such a sweet and fun couple, we're going to enjoy seeing them again.

A couple on our street at camp want to teach us mahjong, so Friday it is....does anyone here play it?
    I hope it doesn't need too much brain power, it can be a complicated game, apparently.

It's the Fish Fry weekend at camp, so a live band or, we hope, a DJ they had last year who was so great!

I did nip out for a while, nothing on my mind ( not an unusual condition for me), dropped into HomeSense and omgoodness, there was the absolute most perfect clock for a wall in our trailer!! It's big, looks like barn board that was painted blue that got distressed over the years, Roman numerals in brassy metal....I fell in love at first site! @walkonby , you know that clock picture I sent you of the old fashioned clock on the ladder shelf at the kids' place? Like that! Such a score!! Then I found a tin can in the same exact colours for the counter for our big knives! Sometimes ya just gots to follow your intuition!

@Natalka , I sure hope your tablet keeps fighting the good fight and that you have it for years to come!

Ok! Now I'm relaxing on the swing with Jenny, sipping my wine and thank goodness for the breeze!

Toodles!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 10th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.
    cabmonk, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 hope you enjoy the swing. Have a good weekend ahead. I’m just resting now myself before dinner.
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 ya know that game you and your DH play where you see a cow, baby goat or whatever and ask " can I have that? "
    to which he sensibly answers " no " and then you pout?
    Yeah, so I saw this and I REALLY want it!!!

I mean so it takes 4 men to put it together and costs $2,000.00 after taxes probably.....DH said " uh, NO!! "
    Why are they like that?

bwahahaha!!! I am joking, but secretly I just want it to appear in our backyard one day! Make a wish!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    Today I did not go anywhere not need it.I sleep until 11:30 am because I was so tired.I am listening some videos of salads recepies and shrimps,sure look like all yummy,might try some!!!!
    On fb I like skinnytaste,delish,tasty and ect.The plan tomorrow is to go to maxi for the barilla pasta 1$ sale and then hit IGA for the gatorade 4,00$ deal.And then thrift store shopping or maybe friday because it is open until 8 pm,I really need jeans and t-shirt...I purchased some fresh cutted fruits at iga yesterday,gosh so expensive,(3 melon varieties-honeydew,cantaloup and watermelon) will Watch the sales and cut my own fruits.Alright,have a very good evening everyone,ac is on so humid today
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 , I've played mahjong lots of times.... against the computer. I've never played with real people before. The problem with playing against the computer is there's no actual thinking involved. It gives you hints, does the shuffling and setup, AND there's no witty banter
    Lynn49, cabmonk, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahaha.. @walkonby , why are they so mean to us?! I mean...a chicken!! I can't have a chicken?!! That gazebo costs a tich more of course, but still...don't they want us to have any fun?!!
    @GoJays , I suspect the witty banter will be at a minimum while DH and I are learning the game, and when (if) we get proficient, we'll teach it to the kids.
    cabmonk, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, all!

Wednesday is fine with me, @walkonby , otherwise we'd be packing for camp today and I had stuff to do.

As to Avon, I think I've said all I could possibly have said, so now I'm on the subject. @avoncallingu , you do whatever flips your skirt.

WHOA!

I baked those pumpkin muffins for GS for the weekend as well as another couple visiting them with their teenage son, from down south somewhere...he's a coroner and she gives motivational speeches around the world...they're such a sweet and fun couple, we're going to enjoy seeing them again.

A couple on our street at camp want to teach us mahjong, so Friday it is....does anyone here play it?
    I hope it doesn't need too much brain power, it can be a complicated game, apparently.

It's the Fish Fry weekend at camp, so a live band or, we hope, a DJ they had last year who was so great!

I did nip out for a while, nothing on my mind ( not an unusual condition for me), dropped into HomeSense and omgoodness, there was the absolute most perfect clock for a wall in our trailer!! It's big, looks like barn board that was painted blue that got distressed over the years, Roman numerals in brassy metal....I fell in love at first site! @walkonby , you know that clock picture I sent you of the old fashioned clock on the ladder shelf at the kids' place? Like that! Such a score!! Then I found a tin can in the same exact colours for the counter for our big knives! Sometimes ya just gots to follow your intuition!

@Natalka , I sure hope your tablet keeps fighting the good fight and that you have it for years to come!

Ok! Now I'm relaxing on the swing with Jenny, sipping my wine and thank goodness for the breeze!

Toodles!

Met with a couple who I will marry in October this evening. Shocking that it's within 3 months. They will get their licence this week.

Very tired so I am going to get some sleep. Good night, friends.
    Lynn49, cabmonk, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far.
    Its very hot and humid out. Stay cool everyone,
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Thread Information