User Tag List

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Congratulations @Lynn49 for staying on track and saying goodbye to 15 pounds. As for me I did not lose anything . Guess I am still eating too much sugar
    Hi, @flemeth !
    Yeppers, sugar will do it alright. It makes us fat which in turn can contribute to obesity, which can initiate the growth of cancer cells. Thankfully I'm not a 'sweets' person, but put a bag of chips in front of me, and I'll inhale them! Needless to say, there are no chips in the house. It's the salt I crave, but I use the fake stuff most of the time.
    You'll get there, Flemeth...I had a lot of stops and starts, stops, re-starts, just ask @walkonby ...she knows I'm not the most disciplined person when it comes to starting a diet.

One day, however, it all just clicked in! One day I just decided enough was enough.
    Before that day....nothing could keep me on a diet.
    It'll happen to you one day...then you'll be on your way, Flemeth!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -lynn witness protection hahha made me laugh

I am down 2.8 pounds yippee kicking it to the curb ,wish I was my daughter she has lost 11 pounds this month ,she gave up sugar in all forms ,then she tried telling me to do it for a month -ahhh may be hard

I am walking a bit more and curbing the chocolate and cookies ( I am a sweet person) put it in front of me and its gone ,not so much a chip person .Hubby and I are stopping eating at night thou nothing after our tea/coffee after 6-6.15,i truly believe that is helping .

Have a great day everyone we are off to Toronto on Friday to stay 2 days to watch our 3 year old grandson ,we will do a tiny bit of walking there too I am sure .
    Lynn49, cabmonk and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning -lynn witness protection hahha made me laugh

I am down 2.8 pounds yippee kicking it to the curb ,wish I was my daughter she has lost 11 pounds this month ,she gave up sugar in all forms ,then she tried telling me to do it for a month -ahhh may be hard

I am walking a bit more and curbing the chocolate and cookies ( I am a sweet person) put it in front of me and its gone ,not so much a chip person .Hubby and I are stopping eating at night thou nothing after our tea/coffee after 6-6.15,i truly believe that is helping .

Have a great day everyone we are off to Toronto on Friday to stay 2 days to watch our 3 year old grandson ,we will do a tiny bit of walking there too I am sure .
    I do believe you're "a sweet person", @coupongirl !
    Good for you wrt that loss...you're on your way! I still snack in the evening, nothing after 8pm, but it usually consists of a fruit mixed in with either Greek ff yogurt or low fat Cool Whip...

Babysitting a 3-yr old, oh, I just bet you'll get a few steps in! Have fun, enjoy your visit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I weighed myself last night before bed. I don’t completely trust our digital scale...but it said I was up some more. I’m feeling a bit discouraged, but I’m stubborn. I have reduced some of the empty calories in my diet, in the form of sugars. I’m checking the flyers for more fresh produce sales. I haven’t bought potato chips in a few weeks. I had been drinking one 710ml bottle of Coke per week (for the caffeine to try to help my nasty migraine), but I haven’t drank any in 2wks. I was adding a little sugar when I was eating certain cereals, I cut that out completely.

Yesterday afternoon my kids and I spent 2hrs at the park. We walked there.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must admit I feel kind of weird, everyone else is trying to eat less and I am trying to eat more.

I know my body reacts best when I eat 5 to 6 smaller meals in a day. I did really well this week except on Friday. Thursday night I was not feeling the best but I had to go to another branch for a meeting so I was just trying to get through Friday. I smacked a little bit my missed having a proper breakfast and lunch. Other than that this week went well.

Last weekend I did a bunch of cooking so Breakfasts and Lunches were in the fridge ready to go.

I noticed myself struggling again with Dinner and I realized the other night what it was. They moved Mom back to being the closing queen and weekend warrior as we call it where she only get closes and weekends and I realized a couple nights a week eating alone I am good but when it becomes night after night I lose interest. I am good at doing what I have to do and when Mom is home for dinner I need to make a proper meal and weirdly enjoy the challenge of what will I make tonight. When I am on my own night after night it becomes who cares I will just grab a bagel or something along those lines. This is the next challenge to over come.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get some cooking done for this week, not sure on the plan yet.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I really wanted pizza for dinner and planned to use the cauliflower crust from Costco. Opened a new package to find mould. Thankfully the teens had made their pizza and used the homemade dough up so I had an omelette. I am down a bit for January but at least it’s down.
    ROMEO, Angela273, cabmonk and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am now down to what I was before xmas -today I shopped groceries no cookies and no chocolate for hubby or I

Mind you when I go away next week I will have a rocky mountain chocolate basket sent to my room-sometimes we have to indulge right.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

@lilo0003, I had to laugh...that good ol' stand-by, the humble omelette! Looking for inspiration from the interior of a fridge at lunchtime here and finding nothing particularly intriguing, it's back to the omelette... Thank heavens veggies are 0 points for me so I can make them a little more interesting!

@coupon-girl, way to go, getting back to your pre Christmas weight! Step 1 accomplished! Seems like you did the kind of grocery shopping DH and I do...pretty much only the perimeter of the grocery store except for things like spices and some GF stuff I need (want).. Thank heavens for GF crackers by Breton and something "thins"!

I just had breakfast, 3 pancakes using a 1 banana, egg, baking powder, 2T of GF flour, topped off with unsweetened applesauce that I prefer sweetened with my Sweet 'n Low. 2 points and I'm stuffed.

I hope everyone has been off to a good morning start...enjoy your day!!!

I just found this...it's a New Zealand 'ad', but it's a world-wide epidemic.....I think we all know about aspartame, but I thought this was an excellent example of the dangers of aspartame...

cabmonk, coupon girl and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^YES!!!! @Lynn49
    Aspartame...( shudders! ) Still with all the info out there on how truly awful it is for us, I'll bet there are a few people who still have not gotten the memo on it.

Kind of like that woman voting during the Iowa caucus who was " stunned " to learn that Pete Buttigeg is gay.
    She wanted to take back her vote for him after learning about his sexual orientation. ( face palm! )
    Claimed no one said anything about him having a same sex partner!
    ( had she not watched ANY of the Democratic tv debates? ....he never hid the fact....ever! )
    Angela273, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^YES!!!! @Lynn49
    Aspartame...( shudders! ) Still with all the info out there on how truly awful it is for us, I'll bet there are a few people who still have not gotten the memo on it.

Kind of like that woman voting during the Iowa caucus who was " stunned " to learn that Pete Buttigeg is gay.
    She wanted to take back her vote for him after learning about his sexual orientation. ( face palm! )
    Claimed no one said anything about him having a same sex partner!
    ( had she not watched ANY of the Democratic tv debates? ....he never hid the fact....ever! )
    So true, @walkonby .....it just illustrates how little large corporations care about the health of people who consume the swill they pour down their throats...it's poison for heaven's sake! But...keep the masses happy and quiet, and if they get sick, hey, bonus! Their pharmaceutical companies have drugs for that!! Unbelievable.

As to Buttigeg, he seems a reasonable choice, but he won't win a southern vote, so he's a no-go. I somehow see Bloomberg coming out of that Democratic mess as the party's choice.

Sorry everyone, for the political chatter but......Walks started it!!

Still on track here, weightloss has slowed down as usual, but jeepers, the difference in how my clothes fit!

Happy weekend!
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry I haven’t thought to post here for a while. Hope everyone is doing great. Just wanted to share some before and after pics plus recent weigh ins. Still about 30lbs to lose. Started in May 2018 at 340lbs.. now at 223.6lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ awesome!!!
    Angela273 and cabmonk like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cabmonk awesome with your weight loss. You are dedicated
    Angela273 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks guys I’m still plugging away at it. No spin class tomorrow but back at it Thur and fri.
    Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just got home from a 2 day vacay in beautifull niagara on the lake -had a romantic pizza dinner at a lovley restarant -i forgo the wine had water ,mind you did have rocky mountain chocolates delivered to my room but I shared with hubby and haven't touched one other one will share with daughter when I see her.

Plus the first night had a virgin apple cider with a cinnamon stick was asked if I wanted rum -no thank you .Hubby and I walked everywhere left the car in the parking spot ,haven't seen if I am down yet but I really wanted to enjoy my only vacation since last summer (and that was with the kids)

In fact this trip was just hubby and I (gift from the grown kids)
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information