User Tag List

Page 1260 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 260 760 1160 1210 1250 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1270 1310 1360 1760 ... LastLast
Results 18,886 to 18,900 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@walkonby , I am so very sorry for you and your family.

Losing a beloved member of your family is so very hard! Prayers and hugs !
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Agreed!
    Did I just say that? With an exclamation mark!
    What the....
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, @walkonby - I am so very sorry about your loss...

Name:  pet-condolences-sympathy-messages-animal-dog-died.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  28.7 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 12:55 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    I might have to go out to the grocery today for some flour and some veggies.
    Nice day today so maybe some yard work is in-order.
    stay safe all and enjoy the beautiful weather
    Silk, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth
    Good luck on your outing
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning valiant Covid-19 soldiers! I personally do not know any front line workers, nurses, Dr.'s, Paramedics, but that is not going to stop me from sending out all the love and prayers for their well being and resilience to this awful virus as they try to keep all of us safe. ((( social distance hugs )))

The family has gone through some minor changes since Rufus has passed, The barriers and gates are all down now, his dishes and mats are washed for the last time and stored away, but one of his wee beds remains in the living room as Hamlet has chosen to take up residence in it for now. I hope some of Rufus " essence " is still deep in the fibres, just to annoy Hamlet a little! ha ha
    I am not sure if this has happened to DS, DD or DH but I found myself lifting my leg to climb over the gate this morning, only to roll my eyes at my forgetfulness. That is some muscle memory there!

Thanks for the kind condolences everyone, so many of you have gone through this pain before we have , so you genuinely feel the loss attached with it.

Lets enjoy today....hmm, what is this now? Thursday? The days are melding one into another, cannot even enjoy the flyer search or loading up my digital grocery offers anymore as shopping has pared down to bare bone necessities, maybe once a week now. Even pumping gas has lost it's lustre with these amazing cheap prices because we are traveling nowhere.
    Carry on!!
    princessjen, Natalka, Silk and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  on-sofa-caption-reads-when-the-whole-squad-is-chillin-and-somebody-yells-that-the-floor-is-lava.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  31.8 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Silk, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Funny that you should mention about the gas prices @walkonby ... I found this one just yesterday

Annoying ain't it
    princessjen, Natalka, Silk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi @danger_dan ... how's stuff?
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Omgosh, loved the judgemental Netflix post @walkonby !

My back is still "broken" and I'm walking around like a little old lady! I'm guessing I hurt it with all the bronchial coughing I had. It's now just a dry cough, and no, no fever thank God.

Hubby went out for his bread yesterday and FB was restocked with jars of yeast, so yay, I can (ok...my Hubby can) bake bread for me. The process is simple enough with the Kitchenaid mixer, but I still can't stand up long enough to even dump the ingredients into it, dammit.
    I was so happy to use a gluten-free chocolate cake mix to make cupcakes for us, but one cupcake sent me into stomach cramps for the rest of the day. What the heck?! So Hubby us enjoying them.

Ok, enough about my whining!

Our "rain" looked more like snow, but it's stopped now. It better be gone by the end of the day!,

Careful with those gas pumps, they're petri dishes of germs and viruses! Use disposible gloves if you have them.

Enjoy your self-isolation, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi friends, checking in to see how everyone is faring.

My partner went out to get some things yesterday, as we were getting low. He went to a small grocery store. When all this started, he was making some sarcastic jokes and I think he felt that the media was blowing this out of proportion (as they often do). Not anymore. He said it is surreal being in the store with such large areas of bare shelving. He said he figured they were having a hard time getting stock in, as it's not a major chain. In the baking section, he said there were large zip-lock bags labeled with " 2lb sugar". All the 2 lb bags have been gone for some time, so they must either be buying bulk or breaking open the 4lb bags.

Things that never really occurred to me when I used to think about emergency situations as an intellectual exercise...what happens with people with anxiey disorders, existing trauma issues, addictions, etc? I am not one of those people, but have people close to me who are. Keeping things on an even keel has taken great effort for them.

No baby yet for our nephew and his gf! The waiting must be difficult - she has had episodes of false labour but was sent home from hospital twice!

I am ready to stay put for weeks or months if necessary. My partner is more antsy, but will go for drives rather than go to places. I have stopped watching and reading most news. I keep stress at bay by reminding myself that everyone is going through this and that the majority of people will be dealing with the same hardships (financial difficulties, etc). I know it's "early days", but I am looking forward to this being under control and more or less behind us.

On a more positive note, I have started some seeds for the garden, mostly herbs and peppers. Tomatoes, cabbage, flowers, etc in the coming weeks. I often visit the websites of small heirloom/OP seed businesses because there are so many neat varieties to see and learn about. Most have been overwhelmed by unprecedented sales of seeds and are backlogged. (Even larger gardening businesses, like West Coast Seeds, are backlogged.) I am happy for them that their sales are great, especially as the ways they usually make a large portion of their income - Seedy Saturday events and Farmers Markets - have been cancelled this year. It's unfortunate that it took a crisis like this to cause the sudden surge in the interest to grow one's own food. I hope many people do, even if it's one pot with one tomato or zucchini plant. Many edible flowers are easy to grow, too - pretty and practical!

Hoping you and your loved ones are well.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Thu, Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.
    princessjen, Natalka, Silk and 4 others like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

A+ !

Thread Information