User Tag List

Page 1319 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 319 819 1219 1269 1309 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1329 1369 1419 1819 ... LastLast
Results 19,771 to 19,785 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.

Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, May 26th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning Jays!

Fresh loaf of crusty bread baking in the oven.
    Kind of exciting now, but late last night when I was sipping my 2nd glass of white wine, DS and DH mentioned we were very low on bread stuffs.
    My lips moved and said " I'll bake a loaf!, easy peasy, it'll be ready baked in the morning "
    I have NO memory ( cloudy at best ) of measuring and mixing the ball of dough, but there it was on the counter when I woke up covered over with cling wrap all puffed up.

I'll call this sleepy time bread.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That story made my otherwise sh!tty day a little more bearable @walkonby Thank you

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Afternoon gang.

Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, May 26th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.
    DANGER

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning and good afternoon, Dan.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Evening gang!

Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When I happened to mention that I wanted summer back, 32C wasn't exactly what I had in mind. It made it really difficult to walk around rv dealers this afternoon. Meh...just looking for something a little larger, different lay-out...not in any hurry.

Did anyone else catch Ford's appearance this afternoon wrt the nursing home situation?? OMGosh, he was holding back tears...I guess he imagined his Mom and Mom-in-law in those situations...just deplorable!
    However, bless their military hearts, but how could they have discovered all that in a week or so...I mean, no matter what happened before, wouldn't you be on your best behavior while they were there?
    They probably heard stories from the residents as well as their adult children. I'm glad my Mom got such good care here, from such a caring staff...I visited every day so I could keep an eye on things and of course visit with her. Well...I sure hope he does straighten out this whole disgusting disaster!! It's unbelievably sad!!!

Well...like @walkonby , I'm drinking today...hahaha!!! Okay, it's my 2nd Caesar, but we were walking around in that heat!! What was your excuse last night, Walks? I'm open to any explanation... Good on ya wrt that bread, it must have been heavenly this morning!!
    @danger_dan , I'd love a tea party!!!! When will we all be able to visit with friends again? We're back to square 1 with out kids...physical distancing once again.
    @GoJays , I hope our *hitty day turned itself around! How sad to be sad on such a nice day.

Our DD thinks she broke her toe last evening. Yep...leave her alone for a day, and poof! An accident! She was trying to move their outdoor fire-place herself and dropped it on her foot. Naturally she won't have it x-ray'd because they "don't do anything anyway" donchaknow. Grr. Our GS is taking care of her...even though she has to sparkle up their friend's trailer since she negotiated the purchase of another one for them in our park. Now they have to sell theirs. I hope she takes it easy.

Okay!! I've babbled enough for one day!!

Enjoy your evening, everyone and for heaven's sake, please stay safe!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

YES. This is EXACTLY how I tuck Jenny in every night.
    Exactly.

Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just came across this and thought it was so perfect (except the first part, at least for me...never went in for that shmaltzy stuff) and so true...This. For 50 years and still going strong..

He always pushes the grocery cart.

(and when we get back to the truck, he always unlocks the doors immediately so that I can get in, and then proceeds to unload the groceries, while I’m sat in the truck with the seat warmers on. rain or shine - every time - this is our grocery game plan)

Can I let you all in on a little secret?

It’s taken me many years to appreciate being loved like this.

You see, I spent (ie. wasted) a lot of time looking for all the ways in which love in shown in the movies, in the magazines, and on the commercials.

Flowers.
    Chocolates.
    Romantic meals.
    Surprise getaways.

And guess what?

I was disappointed time. and time. and time again.

All because I was looking for the ways that I was being told he should show his love -

Instead of paying attention to how he actually does show his love.

And when I eventually came to that realization, Friends?

That was the relationship game changer.

For he rarely buys flowers,

But he calls me everyday when he gets off of work, to see if I need anything picked up.

He never thinks of buying chocolate,

But whenever he sees anything that resembles a slice of plant based, organic goodness, he always buys it for me - And is always so proud to surprise me with his latest grocery store find.

He can only boil eggs and butter bread,

So while I have never walked into a dining room with candles flickering and plates of gourmet goodness laid out - He wakes up every Sunday morning, puts on coffee, pours up my favourite mug, and passes it to me while I’m cozied up on the living room couch (and if my mug is in yesterday’s dirty dishes, he’ll always wash it out. bless him).

And while he cannot put together a travel itinerary to save his soul,

He has sat in a theatre on Broadway with me to watch a musical. He has walked through Ernest Hemingway’s home with me. He has been through more museums and libraries in a lifetime than he cares to admit. And he has never complained about any of it. Not even once.

And it’s more than that. So much more than that.

He’s gotten up in the middle of the night with a crying baby. If his restaurant order is better than mine, he’ll always switch plates. He watches Sleepless in Seattle when he would rather be watching Jason Bourne (at least I think that’s his name). He knows my most favourite ‘lady products’, and will run to the pharmacy to grab me them whenever needed (if that isn’t love, I don’t know what is).

...And, he will always, always push the grocery cart.

You know, the more I think of it,

The flowers, the chocolates, the romantic meals, and the surprise getaways?

That’s all just momentary anyway.

The flowers die. The chocolate and meals get devoured. And the surprise getaways happen, and then they’re over.

But it’s in the moments that you can depend on (over and over and over again), well, that’s where the love is found.

The good love.

The always love.

Like your ‘most coziest blanket on a fall day’ love.

...And it’s THAT kinda’ love that I want to walk through this life feeling.

Don’t search for the flowers, Ladies. Nor waste your time in want of the chocolates.

Search for the one who will push your grocery cart.

For that’s where the always kinda’ love is ♡
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, May 26th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby ....shall we agree that this will be our motto this summer????

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2820D446-56D8-454D-8323-45FFE302FC36.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  116.3 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

KName:  7B427C31-0E25-4208-BF3E-D180324C6746.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  23.9 KB
    Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was hesitating posting in case someone thinks " Hmmm, what on earth is she doing up at 4 a.m.? "
    Well napping does that, a cat nap here and there in the day means wide awake later on. So be it...not like there are schedules anymore.

o.k. so first, @Lynn49 that post you made describing what real love is...I cannot agree more. The small everyday courtesies that I am spoiled enough to already have outshine any bouquet of flowers.
    Speaking of flowers! DH made his " I'm bored " rounds out to search for more annuals. He returned with bright pinks and mauve's ( Petunias? ) and violet coloured Alyssum.
    We were able to make up 6 large hanging baskets for the front.
    Then he " MacGuyvered " my solar tree which had somehow malfunctioned over the winter. I watched admiringly as he replaced the sun thingy from an older solar device and took a soldering iron to the whatchamacallit and VOILA! My tree is bright and lighted again.
    This heat!! Stifling is how it feels. I love that we have the lovely summertime rays finally, but show some control Mother Nature! @Newfiescreech so nice to see ya here!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 04:28 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Thread Information