User Tag List

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Ordered a Flashfood produce box in bed this morning! Picked it up on my way home after dropping DS off at school.
    $5 box had:
    2 avocadoes
    2 English cucumbers
    1 orange pepper
    2 oranges
    2 green apples
    20 red apples
    bag full of mini tomatoes

The cucumbers, apples and oranges will be in DS's school lunch the next day.

Tonight I am doing a total clean on the house....nothing like a house appraisal in the morning to motivate you!!!! Ugh.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow that is a lot of produce for $5.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Wow that is a lot of produce for $5.
    At the stores in my area, the amount of produce is typically quite decent for $5. What usually stops me from buying them is that there's too much for the two of us to use up quickly.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning off to value village we went 3 diaper boxes full and one huge garbage bag ,we were first in line yes .Then there was a line up to get in ,hubby said why ?I told him it is seniors day 20% off ,people want a bargain .

Trimming our bushes ,shrubs out front and out back .

I hung my laundry and my daughter sent me a picture of sebastian going to school in toronto his very first day (junior kindergarden) so cute.
    Ashlyn went into grade 2 yesterday ,she was a bit nervous ,hubby picked her up .My dear son couldnt get before and after care so my daughter-in-law drops her off and her friend right near the school to pickup ashlyn or us after school .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow...after wm change of pm policie it is the turn to maxi to rectify the code of 5$ wub10$...yes it is there for a 3 week but they decided to change it to 5$ off WUB 25$...thank you to some selfish persons( in general I suspect person) who did abuse of the code...we all paying for your bad...so frustrating...I am under the impression it will be the last code too with that...

On another note I received my trade so off to benefit some deals !!!

wow @Frugalbigmamma: that is a lot of stuff for 5$ congrats

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 16th, 2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and flyingdutch like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I also try to treat our family when they help us out with things. To me it doesn't have to be big but a small gesture that shows I appreciate them and what they do for us. It makes me feel less like I'm "taking advantage" 9although I logically know that's not at all what we are doing or how they are interpreting it)

Hope the start to your school year, while different and a new challenge, goes well this week. DH teaches high school and also finds the new processes an adjustment (they have gone to a quad-nester format, so he has 2 classes a day, each for 2.5 hours.. and no prep this semester... it's an adjustment for all. But, at least for academic grade 12s it might be a good primer for when you have to possibly sit through 3 hour lectures in college/university next year). He comes home tired as spending 2.5 hours with the same class, including some students with some challenging IEPs mentally tiring right now (as I'm sure it is also for the students themselves). I hope it gets better for everyone.

I also hope Angela is having a good start to her new job. Virtual teaching must be a big change and to have so little time to prepare, as well as having her own little ones at home who are going to school, is probably a handful. GOOD LUCK ANGELA!

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    @coupon girl
    I like to treat our parents when they do us a favour. It is never more than I can afford and always less expensive than it would have been had I gotten care else where. I think ours feel the same as you (don't spend your money on us) and yet like being appreciated.

For sales, I give people 12-24 hours to respond and then move on...we are in a world of tech and if you are buying something reply. I only have had one sale...I have to still get the money out of my bin! It was a children's fall jacket.

School has been an adjustment! I am feeling less organized than usually because new assignment and new routines. I have my whole class tomorrow for the first time. I noticed a little less of Angela. I hope she is having a good week.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Great steal of a deal on the produce box!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning!

Ordered a Flashfood produce box in bed this morning! Picked it up on my way home after dropping DS off at school.
    $5 box had:
    2 avocadoes
    2 English cucumbers
    1 orange pepper
    2 oranges
    2 green apples
    20 red apples
    bag full of mini tomatoes

The cucumbers, apples and oranges will be in DS's school lunch the next day.

Tonight I am doing a total clean on the house....nothing like a house appraisal in the morning to motivate you!!!! Ugh.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dog had her grooming appt. today. I went to Costco and only spent $40 and change.

Stopped at my sisters to pick up an under the bed storage container. Finally my Christmas wrapping paper is all together! And now I have a free empty rubbermaid bin! She also gave me a bag food lol. Tim hortons canned soup, fruit bowls, ketchup.

Laundry is on the go and I am powering away at my cleaning. I went in the garage and moved all the stuff over for selling to make room for more. Once DS is home from school he will be my mule. I will point and he will move to the garage

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my sister-in-law gave me an under the bed storage too frugalbigmama and i used it for wrapping paper also .

I went to mastermind today and got the free birthday toy for sebastian from joining their club -you got to pick from a few items so i got a toy car .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Got an email from Shoppers. Get 500 pts when you register to get a flu vaccine reminder. Have to register before October 15.

Available here: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/...0coming%20soon
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So happy my grandson sebastian loves junior kindergarden .My daughter bought him mcdonalds for a treat for supper .

May go to the mall (old navy )on thursday and return a few items.I will have to look at thrift stores for joggers that are not cuffed .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I would like to know why we have different wording for axe french and english are not the same english said no pharmacy no large grocery store why? And explanation would be greatly appreciated !!! I tried to figure by myself before I ask you the question but I cannot find the answer.thanks for your input everyone
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    today I went to pharmacy uniprix to buy 2 of my favorite deodorant degree at 1,66$ each saving of 2,63$ on each and bought my father one degree deodorant too so saving on 2,63$ too it was the 3 for 5$ sale small deodorants but I had hard time to find some the shelves where cleared....yes I originally had 3x1,00$ coupons to make it sweet deal but the cashier refused my coupons because of the english no drug store no large stores wording...so embarassing...i did not read the coupon i tought it was like the french one....no it is not the trader fault I did not watch it correctly when he send me picture of below the coupon and the axe coupon is the same wording so it is why i ask the question in my before post but still happy to save some money with sale price

After I went to maxi and cie was out of sliced ham and per chance big pack where 6,98$( a 1$ more than last week sale) smalll package was the same price

Purchased sensodyne 2$ off so 5$ for a small tub

Another pound cake at 2$

and I checked and the 2$ dove deodorant coupons i had with trade did not have the none accepted wording so 5 deodorants at 2,99$ reg:4,99$ and 5x 2$ coupons -0,99$ each plus taxes happy will donate some and kept some to be stocked

checked the price of laughing cow cheese 8 portions at metro qc ....4,99$ wow glad I bought some after coupons at 0,97$ we eat a lot of these

it will be on sale too next week at maxi and cie for 2$

off to see if I can print becel and activia coupons for the 2$ sale and work on my grocery shopping list

have a great evening and night everyone!!!! I cannot wait for the week end to come lol
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our children participated in a different local litteracy activity this summer. I’d submit pictures of their activities. The lady dropped off their award today. It was WAY more than I had expected. It was a large bin full of everything - 20+ books, 2 games, 3 basic bookbag with matching lunch kits, 6 wooden kits to make specific items, 3 small sets of pains, 3 boxes of markers, Etc. I selected about 10 books for our kids to have when they got home from school today. Everything else is in the bin. I’m putting several items away to use as Christmas gifts.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh boy what a day, we started having system issues yesterday and the "fix" did not fix. We were up and down until about 9 am when we just went down and then we were down for abou 2 1/2 hours. When we came back up it was just insanity.

Last night after work I went to No Frills, I am happy with what I got but not happy with how much I spent. I spent just over $40 and got:
    3 x bagels (since I am still working in a branch I need variety for breakfast and so does Mom, she is going Cereal at unreal rate)
    2 x Green Onions
    2 x Classico Roasted Portobello Sauce (Love this for a quick meal after work, no need to add anything to it, just dump and go)
    2 x Classico Alfredo (I like my homemade Alfredo but this a quick after work dinner option)
    1 x HP (I am almost out)
    3 x Yogurt (These are vanilla I do not need to do anything to, I have been buying Plain Greek from Costco but I have to sweeten and flavour, right now I need quick)
    2 x Onion Soup Mix (This is the one dip mix I still buy, it is my weakness)
    6 x Sugar (The sale price was too good to pass up)
    2 x Peameal (For Mom, a treat for her, I do not like peameal, yes I am weird)

Everything I bought was on sale except the HP which never goes on sale.

I was aiming for no shopping next week but we will see what the flyers show. We love the once a month shopping but even Costco's prices are going up and it is getting hard to get everything we need for a month and stay in our budget. So I am thinking we may go to a once a month big shop with $20-$50 set aside for local sales, it is a thought no decision yet.

Alright, one more check of my email see if there is anything else I need to go tonight then off to bed. I did not sleep well last night, I was not feeling well so I need a good night sleep tonight.

Have a great night everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Sep 16th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information