User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 I am praying for you dad, I know it sounds scary but it seems like they caught it in time. 18 yrs ago my father in law went in for a double bypass and ended with a quadruple bypass. He will be 95 this year. Hard to believe it’s been 18 yrs.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Did not get everything on my to-do-list done but got more done than I expected so a win in my book.

I started by cleaning up the kitchen, not sure what happened but all of a sudden there was a pile of hand dishes so I got those done.

I took out everything I bought and took photos so I can post a Haul, I broke it down into categories to make it easier to photograph and to keep me organized.

I prepped the Celery & Asparagus to go in the fridge, I also noticed there was a lot of moisture in the bag of Zucchini so I opened the bag wiped it out and put a paper towel in the bag to keep them dry.

We were out of our homemade Taco Seasoning and we decided since we needed to deal with yesterday's shop we needed something easy for dinner and decided on Nachos. Plus I bought 2 package of Ground Beef and knew I wanted to cook up half of one into Taco Meat for the freezer. Actually ended up cooking 3/4 of a pack into Taco Meat which is in the fridge, I will have to bag and freeze tomorrow.

We broke down the package of Chicken Wings for Mom and the whole Chickens, leaving one out which will be dinner tomorrow. Then we tackled the Chicken Breast, one whole package was cut into Chicken Chunks, this is my preferred way of using them as when we use chunks 1 Chicken Breast feeds us both. Plus I found year ago this really helped motivate me to cook after work. I am OCD when dealing with meat, need a sink of water with bleach so if I could just dump and cook I was more inclined to cook. The other package I put 5 Chicken Breast in the Instant Pot and made Shredded Chicken we can just pull out later and use, the last 4 were bagged whole.

I put away everything that need to go in the stockpile room and reorganized our Chest Freezer and gained so much room, it is shocking how much room I gained just by reorganizing. Not to mention the shock that I just did a big haul and we have room in the freezer and we are stocked up. It is because we have been using up the oddities and now they are not taking up space.

Today was a good day it was one of those days where things just got done and done quicker than I thought they would so that is alway a bonus in my book. I was expecting to have a lot more to do tomorrow. Right now tomorrow I need/want to:
    Package the Bread and Buns for the freezer
    Finished with the Ground Beef, we are going to make a few meat loaves and break down what is left into meal size portions
    Baked Apple Oatmeal, I have Evaporated Milk and Apples I need to use so win-win.
    Package the Romaine Lettuce I bought
    I think I knock this out and still have some time to relax tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Like others I am clearly not chasing deals. I only used 9.00 in coupons in Feb. I did use $120.00 in PCO for groceries today, but because we have not been spending money or chasing deals I have only 100.00 in points left. I went to No Frills for groceries and took advantage of the free milk with cereal offer and the cereal had the gift card promo. Will submit that tomorrow.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I need to buy a new queen sized fitted sheet, but I don’t need a whole new set. Suggestions on where I can buy only fitted sheets?

edit: I put it on my Wal-Mart list.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:32 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -i got a queen fitted sheet at "the bay" on a clearance table back in august i think it was $24.00 and it was 600 thread count .
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath ,my dear mom 12 years ago had a quadrouple bypass and a hole in her heart repaired .She was in the hospital about a week and a half .Then they had her stay for some rehab in another hospital .

I think she was 87 if i recall ,it was when she was living with us ,as i remember asking my workplace if i could have 2 months off to take her to appts after her surgery (they said no problem ,only it was without pay which i didnt mind)

Cath -hugs and prayers are with you for your dear dad .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 10:47 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273
    Some places like Simons.ca sell sheets singly. https://www.simons.ca/en/bedroom/she...lowcases--6791
    Free shipping if you spend $75 or more. Otherwise S&H might be about $10 or so.

Depending on how big or well-stocked your area Winners or Homesense stores are, you can find single sheets but colour/fibre content (land of microfibre or poly/cotton) could be limited.

I have not ever purchased sheets at Jysk but their site shows fitted sheets for sale: https://www.jysk.ca/bedding/sheets/fitted-sheet.html

My Cdn Tire does not have cotton fitted sheet singles but maybe your store does: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...-1998019p.html

The Bay has some fitted sheets (price dependent on thread-count; spotted a couple of Gluckstein Home ones plus weekend code to save depending on spend level promo): https://www.thebay.com/c/home/beddin...ts-pillowcases

Oxford Mills outlet only showed flat sheets so I won't post their link.

Let see if Nordstrom Canada, home of free shipping w/o a minimum can help your bedding quest-sorry, only sets or throws or accent accessories.

Giant Tiger shows a few sheets in Queen fitted: https://www.gianttiger.ca/search?cat...n+fitted+sheet
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Produce - Unless potatoes are on sale they are so expensive, was shocked to see a 10lb bag of carrots that used to be $4.99/bag at Costco is now $8.99 and tomatoes, when did tomatoes get so expensive
    I was a little surprised to read about the prices in the East. Sometimes, I flip through the ON/Atl No Frills and RCSS flyers (because they come out before their western cousins, a day later) and find myself wishing we could enjoy some of those prices in Alberta.

Out here, I am finding quite a few sales on basics like broccoli and Roma tomatoes; both usually sell for about $2/lb or more. Recently, they have been dropping as low as $0.60/lb, even while reports of produce price increases have been in the news. Granted, some of the sales prices are from smaller produce stores, but the RCSS is (thankfully) happy to match their prices.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:07 PM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Did the vaccine portal offer you a choice of vaccines to pick for your Mom's appt? I suspect Ontario's portal launch in mid-March will experience lags or crashes in the first week, such will be the demand to see what is offered and when. Those with digital devices I anticipate will log in as soon as they can.

I have to admit to reluctance about getting a vaccine. A friend wants a one-dose option. I have not been following what the Ontario portal will share in terms of vaccine info. I should read up on the vaccine tracker website to learn about possible side affects and see if there's one vaccine I'd be willing to take. I just don't want to feel worse than I do with my present condition.
    @Angela _273 You are the pizza contest Queen! Hope you and family can decide on a new kind of pizza to enjoy!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to get to the bank to feed it money for today's online shopping:

I saw a pair of Under Armour sandal/slides for Mom on National Sports' website (since everything is 25% off right now; need a Fox40 whistle, you have colour options!). However, the size could only be obtained at a distant store far east of Toronto, not online. Happily, I found the same style but different colours and Mom's size on Sport Chek-got them ordered (and the price is slightly less than at the N.S. site)! I think the site gave me an extra 20% off my order as the original order amount (added laundry bags on clearance too) was over $50 but it went down by $10. No shipping charge either. Then placed a shirt order along with some smaller textile goods at Simons. There's a $595 Boutique Moschino wildflower short denim dress I'm trying to convince Mom to buy but she's not keen at all.
    However, hooded/hoodie sweatshirt dresses are showing on the Simons website and also on Rickis.com for adults*trend*! Joe Fresh has sweatshirt dresses but no hoods on them. There are some merino wool pullovers (small sizes) and silk tops (look a bit thin) on the site as well but the site kept hanging up on me (not sure if lots of people are chasing the PC Opt pts bonus wus $50) so be warned it's slow.

I did look last night at Marks.com (weekend sale) and there are no more XLsizes in the space dye t-shirt I would have liked to have ordered. Their Jockey tanks are cotton/spandex blends, not the all cotton ones sold at the Bay.

Did a little grocery shopping at Fortinos (got my desired dish detergent; noticed lack of Dawn New Botanicals but two bottles of the lavender scented ones were pushed behind the very back of stock of a PC version of detergent). Realized that paper napkin options are all PC branded ones or the luncheon/dinner Royale ones. No stock of Kleenex boutique 150 ct ones or White Swan ones and the Renova coloured ones seemed to have jumped the shelf shark too. My store rarely gets the printed PC seasonal napkins-I on occasion find packages in the clearance areas. Well, at least I got the Taco Cat napkins on the Simons site (yes, there are a few paper options plus lots of cloth options there-go peek!). I may ask a friend for a Sobey shop next week to see what discounted Compliments napkins I can find.

I'd like to buy some groceries for the local food bank next week, but not run into the e-transfer fee if I donate online. Learned from that experience last year and don't want to repeat it (I don't have free e-transfers with account). Our local food drive has gone the virtual route this year with donors having option to select an agency that is usually supported by the winter food drive.

Yard waste bag stock-up is also part of next week's agenda. I seem to be wrong thinking that DST descends next week-it actually arrives on March 14!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 (((((Hugs to you, dear friend!))))You followed your intuition in getting your father to hospital right away--I know you want to do what you can for him but remember to take care of your sleep and nutrition every day, plus Eve's too. If you can find out with your aunt if hospital can provide dietitian consultation (to inform him or her what father does not like so you can get ideas for meals with what he does like) for free while father is recovering in hospital plus find out from social worker (think there is one or the patient advocate) what Quebec provincial or local health unit might provide in terms of health support at home (free or low-cost), those are important pieces of care for you both to know. Also might there be someone willing to talk to father in hospital to assess any stress issues or willingness to change diet? Food is important and I believe your father will not stop smoking or enjoying certain foods without replacement aids or transitions to help make the changes easier to put into place. I had a relative who had the same surgery-he was told to stick to white meats but he was a big red meat eater and liked his smoked meats too. See if you and aunt can get some support with care needs and point out what you can and cannot do on your own to hospital contact -be vocal, don't wait for invitation. Let staff know what you need and if you can look up information via website, then you can write down questions to ask on next visit.
    @lilo0003 and @coupon girl Thanks for sharing your relations' stories with the same health situation here.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village super savers-if you received that 40% off activewear sale invitation/code, tomorrow is the last day to use it.
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow Tie-dye is appearing on kidswear right now and also on adult separates and loungewear. You might be able to convince older DD to give younger DD her t-shirts to wear?
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you all of you for your prayers and support...I know I can count on you for that and it is a relieve to not talk to just familly or friends about that.My dad will be 1 week in the hospital at the coronarian (heart) section .....no visit due to covid.....he had 1 sister and 1 brother in the same city as the hospital...I eat ok but sleep is difficult...good night...I will update when more infos
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I'd like to buy some groceries for the local food bank next week, but not run into the e-transfer fee if I donate online. Learned from that experience last year and don't want to repeat it (I don't have free e-transfers with account). Our local food drive has gone the virtual route this year with donors having option to select an agency that is usually supported by the winter food drive.
    It's very generous of you to keep the Food Bank in mind. They have been running a fairly active campaign here to inform supporters that all donations are gratefully accepted, but that cash donations easily triple in value due to their bulk purchasing power. So, every $1 bought for the collection bins translates to $3 in food if cash is donated instead. Perhaps you might consider writing them a cheque?
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information