User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela 279 my Sympathies to you and all concerned.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : so sorry for your lost... My deepest sympathies to you and your familly.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m so sorry @Angela273

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Angela273 yes at least you knew how ill your Aunt was, so to hear of her passing may not have been as much of a shock.
    Still, the impact of her death from cancer will certainly take some time for you all to process and grieve. My sincere sympathies.
    @coupon girl ....so you are driving a newer vehicle now?! Congrats on that decision. I sure understand the way an older one siphons the $$ away in constant repairs, so an upgrade is the way to go.
    Hanging your unmentionables outside eh? As you said, if your elderly neighbours choose to sneak a peek at them that's on them.

My nap earlier in the evening went too long, so I'll consider it a 1/2 night's sleep. More than likely I'll be up for the day now.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 so sorry for your family's loss **HUGS**
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone, so happy it is Friday, it has been a long week.

Yesterday I left work a little early to go to another branch and drop off new gas cards. It has been a week when it comes to gas cards, one company was making an internal change and our old cards were deactivated before the new cards went out. Then another company we deal with had an internal issue and could not accept their own gas cards. Little stressful when you have drivers going across Ontario who need these cards to fuel up.

Then I went and hung out with Bro and Sister-in-law for awhile, we have been trying to get together for almost 2 months but everytime we made either my schedule changed, they were sick or something happened. Nice to see them and catch up.

This morning bright and early I ran out to grab a few groceries. I was not as good with my Ingredient and meal prep this week and I felt it. By the end of the week I was getting super creative with meals. I got:
    1 x Peppers 3-pack $1.84
    2 x Strawberries $2
    1 x Blackberries $2
    2 x Romaine 3-pack $2.98
    1 x Grape Tomatoes 680g $5.98 - $2 digital coupon = $3.98
    1 x Orange Juice $2.48
    1 x Green Grapes $0.99/lb
    1 x Cucumbers 3-pack $1.99
    1 x Green Onions $0.89
    1 x Celery 2-pack $2.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4
    2 x Lipton Onion Soup Mix 4-pack $2.89
    **They had the 2-pack on sale for $1.49 but it worked out cheaper to buy the 4-pack not on sale
    5 x Country Harvest Bread $2.50 WUB 2 or more
    **I saw some new types I wanted to try so grabbed, Oat & Honey (This is Mom's preferred Bread), Everything, Cranberry & Oats, SourDough with Whole Grain and White No Sugar added with Whole Grains.

The cranberry one I am going to use for quick breakfasts, I am going to pre butter them and put them in the freezer so I can just pull them out as needed. The everything I think I will make a cucumber spread to go with it and can use it for lunches on days I go into the offices.

I am happy with what I got but I do have to say the produce was very hit and miss, the good news was they had stock but I really had to check packages to find some that weren't covered in marks and starting to turn.

Now I can spend the weekend focusing on Meal/Ingredient Prep and putting our house back together. My plan right now is when I finish work tonight I want to go down and sweep and scrub the floors so tomorrow we can wash everything else and start to put the pantry back together.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Angela273 sorry for your loss.

I love hanging everything on the clothesline. Much better than in the dryer and I really don't care what the neighbours think.

Neighbour hired a hack to cut their tree following the nasty storm and they accidently cut my cable line. Grrrrr no service for three days. They left the rest of the tree which is in rough shape. I'm glad its not near my house.

Cooler weather which is nice, have been taking my rescue for walks - we are making great progress since I got him last August.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So today was a total washout (literally and figuratively). It was a fun drive into and from work today and of course the sky just opened up as soon as I was about to leave the car at Safeway .

It was a tough day (and week) so with the headache I’ve been battling all day it’s going to be takeout tonight. I really don’t feel like pizza but they are located 2 minutes across the street from us and there isn’t a lot of vegan options unless it’s big $$$ at cactus or driving into the city which I’m not interested in.

Possibly going to HD tonight to look at some work supplies ( one wild and crazy Friday night for us )

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good news, we have swept and mopped the basement floors so tomorrow we can start cleaning everything down there and put the pantry back together.

Bad news, as we were cleaning and taking a closer look, we found damaged cause by the contractor. Instead of carrying his supplies through our house, he brought them in the front windows. He has broken both of the window latches and bent our screen.

We also noticed as we were cleaning he made a total mess. Our floors have white tiles on them so we did not notice until we were cleaning up, there were chunks of mudding everywhere. I sat on the floor with a scraper for 45 minutes scrapings all of the chunks off. It was a mess.

Tomorrow we clean all of the stuff and rebuild our pantry. It is going to be a lot of work but cannot wait to get it done.

I am loving these cooler temps.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good news, we have swept and mopped the basement floors so tomorrow we can start cleaning everything down there and put the pantry back together.

Bad news, as we were cleaning and taking a closer look, we found damaged cause by the contractor. Instead of carrying his supplies through our house, he brought them in the front windows. He has broken both of the window latches and bent our screen.

We also noticed as we were cleaning he made a total mess. Our floors have white tiles on them so we did not notice until we were cleaning up, there were chunks of mudding everywhere. I sat on the floor with a scraper for 45 minutes scrapings all of the chunks off. It was a mess.

Tomorrow we clean all of the stuff and rebuild our pantry. It is going to be a lot of work but cannot wait to get it done.

I am loving these cooler temps.
    That hardly seems right @SassyAshley , is there any way that contractor can be made to pay damages? So inconsiderate.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , we have sent photos of all of the damages to property management. Either they get him to pay for the fixes or since it is the windows they need to fix them.

I also heard that he did damage in one of our neighbour's house, apparently he totally destroyed their screen, they could not even put it back in.

Another neighbour he but insulation on a wall that did not have insulation, the issue is he is only repairing the bottom half of the way so now her wall bumps out half way day and last I heard he was refusing to fix it. His reasoning was the wall should have insulation so he now made it better even though the wall is now not level.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    That hardly seems right @SassyAshley , is there any way that contractor can be made to pay damages? So inconsiderate.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I woke up at 3:45 this morning because I heard a lot of noise outside. The fire truck and ambulance were here and went into our neighbour's house. Thankfully I think everyone is okay as no one was taken away in the ambulance.

I slept in this morning and took a little longer to get going. My whole body is begging to take the weekend off and rest and relax but we cannot, our house is still in chaos. As it is, we have so much to get done we know we will not get it all done this weekend.

I did head down the basement and washed the top of the wall they repaired in our stockpile room and as far I could until I reach the shelving unit on the side wall. Then I started emptying the shelves wiping everything down, grrr drywall dust is horrible. The top shelf has been emptied, wiped down and everything on the shelf cleaned.

Mom commented it would be nice to paint before we rebuild the pantry so I suggested we use the paint we got the hallway and we will buy more for the hallway. Now she undecided on if she wanted to use that paint. If we do paint, I would only do two walls right now as the other walls need some repair, some simple spaculing but would then need to be primed and I did not pick up any primer.

We shall see how the day unfolds.
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley It’s crazy how the people that are hired to repair things end up destroying them

We didn’t get to HD last night since I was exhausted so maybe tonight just before closing so hopefully it won’t be too busy.

Going to start another day of cleaning and laundry , but first my coffee.

I still haven’t made it to the garden to plant some more stuff so I might try today (in between the rain ) and get my peas done and see if I have any more radishes. The last brand turned out small and crappy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley It’s crazy how the people that are hired to repair things end up destroying them

We didn’t get to HD last night since I was exhausted so maybe tonight just before closing so hopefully it won’t be too busy.

I still haven’t made it to the garden to plant some more stuff so I might try today (in between the rain ) and get my peas done and see if I have any more radishes. The last brand turned out small and crappy.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information