User Tag List

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hi all... did the grocery shop...
    22.00 ish in price match savings. qualified forthe freee item lysol products useful and practical... fyi.. has a set of coupons in the box as well.

for pork tenderloins ... sale.. got 4 for the freezer.

19 400 in pc points.
    submitted recipits.. sb and R hog.

stopped at the local garden store. spend 24 .00 got replacement herbs and tomato plants as well as some annuals. i am going to do them soon.

my town is putting in a inclusive park ( side note i believe all parks should be inclusive... ) .. our dpty mayor said... the fence will be installed as well.. .. fence.. fence.. ummm. the rest of the park has no fence... i am interested to see a- need for a fence.. B- seriously.. fence... .. i am having a bit of a ... raised eye brow over this... i suspect i will be ... grumpy ... hoping , really hoping not... but ... time will tell... ..

ok.. my 3 ..
    really focused on the groceries.... ... needs vrs wants... prices, price matches.. less wastage. food prep once i came home.

purchesed replacement products for my garden... should recoup the dry weather losses.

laundry- focus on hanging every day.

First of all @Giseledta your post had me chuckling. ( the part about that fence going up was great! )
    The savings you earned by PM-ing and stocking up and freezing meats are all good strategy. Keep on doing that!
    I saved some $$ today and bought a sh*t load of produce, so I'll be doing a deep dive into prep later tonight.
    I do not want anything eaten out of rotation.....the guys sometimes grab the first things they see in the front, so I have to hide all the new stuff way in back....BEHIND the trays of my hummus or my cooked liver because they never move either of those things to check behind them.

ha ha ha

Has anyone else but me bought that HUGE bag of Popeye fresh spinach that NF sells? It was $7.99 for 1.13 KG and I earned a hilarious 400 PC points on it from one of my offers.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    First of all @Giseledta your post had me chuckling. ( the part about that fence going up was great! )
    The savings you earned by PM-ing and stocking up and freezing meats are all good strategy. Keep on doing that!
    I saved some $$ today and bought a sh*t load of produce, so I'll be doing a deep dive into prep later tonight.
    I do not want anything eaten out of rotation.....the guys sometimes grab the first things they see in the front, so I have to hide all the new stuff way in back....BEHIND the trays of my hummus or my cooked liver because they never move either of those things to check behind them.

ha ha ha

Has anyone else but me bought that HUGE bag of Popeye fresh spinach that NF sells? It was $7.99 for 1.13 KG and I earned a hilarious 400 PC points on it from one of my offers.
    I have to hide stuff all the time too and make sure to put stuff right at the front of the fridge in eye view things I want them to eat up lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Walkonby. My No Frills is very small so we do not have a good selection at all. I'm pretty sure mine doesn't carry it or I would have remembered.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hi all... did the grocery shop...
    22.00 ish in price match savings. qualified forthe freee item lysol products useful and practical... fyi.. has a set of coupons in the box as well.

for pork tenderloins ... sale.. got 4 for the freezer.

19 400 in pc points.
    submitted recipits.. sb and R hog.

stopped at the local garden store. spend 24 .00 got replacement herbs and tomato plants as well as some annuals. i am going to do them soon.

my town is putting in a inclusive park ( side note i believe all parks should be inclusive... ) .. our dpty mayor said... the fence will be installed as well.. .. fence.. fence.. ummm. the rest of the park has no fence... i am interested to see a- need for a fence.. B- seriously.. fence... .. i am having a bit of a ... raised eye brow over this... i suspect i will be ... grumpy ... hoping , really hoping not... but ... time will tell... ..

ok.. my 3 ..
    really focused on the groceries.... ... needs vrs wants... prices, price matches.. less wastage. food prep once i came home.

purchesed replacement products for my garden... should recoup the dry weather losses.

laundry- focus on hanging every day.
    That Lysol pack is good. They had this last year and my RCSS marked it down to $9.99 (I needed dishwasher tabs so this was cheaper for me then buying the tabs on the shelf!) Think I bought 3 at $9.99 Then it went down to $6.97 so I bought another. I sold the plug ins for $10 so that off set the cost a bit lol
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi all ,back from our trip ,really fun with the kids and grandkids.I just went online for collingwood resorts to put in a lost and found .Yes i left my $55.00 (it is about 7 yrs old and it was a little tight on me)bathing suit on a knob in our room near the patio door ,so if they find it i will be repsonsible for the cost to ship to me (if it is way to much i may forfeit the bathing suit ) ugggg .I always look the room over also ,totally missed it.

Spent a little paid for a meal one night ,daughter took us to oliver and botticini(i think) for a meal we covered the tip along with son.

Totally tired as we didnt sleep super well ,still have my cold i got from cara .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    hi all ,back from our trip ,really fun with the kids and grandkids.I just went online for collingwood resorts to put in a lost and found .Yes i left my $55.00 (it is about 7 yrs old and it was a little tight on me)bathing suit on a knob in our room near the patio door ,so if they find it i will be repsonsible for the cost to ship to me (if it is way to much i may forfeit the bathing suit ) ugggg .I always look the room over also ,totally missed it.

Spent a little paid for a meal one night ,daughter took us to oliver and botticini(i think) for a meal we covered the tip along with son.

Totally tired as we didnt sleep super well ,still have my cold i got from cara .
    Happens to us all! I have left a bathing suit, hair flat iron (worth over $300 but of course I didn't pay that) and last time my electric toothbrush!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 14th, 2022 at 03:27 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Looks like today was a day for grocery shopping, went out first thing this morning to No Frills and got:
    4 x Broccoli $0.99
    1 x Cauliflower $1.99 (PM Freshco)
    1 x Green Onion $0.79
    3 x Zucchini $0.99/lb
    1 x Strawberries $1.99 (Pm Freshco)
    1 x Olive Oil $5.99
    1 x Salted Butter $3.99 (PM Zehrs)
    3 x Unsalted Butter $3.99 (PM Zehrs)
    2 x Chapman Treats $2.99

I wanted to price match an eggplant so Mom could make her veggies sandwiches but they only had 2 and they did not look the nicest, a lot of marks and a little squishy.

Grabbed the Cauliflower for a nice change, we have a lot of Broccoli lately, although I bought broccoli too. I will cook some to go with meals and I want to make a Broccoli salad.

It looks like $5.99/$5.97 is the new price for olive oil, we have been using a bit more than normally lately since we have been trying new homemade dressings and most of them call for Olive Oil. So I grabbed one more to keep my stockpile stocked.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have been putting it off but finally today I forced myself to go to Costco, I grabbed:
    2 x Chicken Wings
    1 x Chicken Breasts
    1 x Ricotta
    1 x Parmesan Cheese
    1 x Cesar Dressing
    1 x Heavy Whipping Cream
    1 x Fries
    2 x Old Cheddar
    2 x Mozzarella
    1 x Greek Yogurt 3-pack
    1 x Harvest Crunch
    2 x Nachos
    1 x Regular Chips
    1 x All Dressed Chips
    1 x Doritos
    1 x Classic Sauce 4-pack
    1 x Maple Syrup
    1 x Real Bacon Bits
    1 x Crispy Dills
    1 x Triple Action Joint
    1 x Flushable Wipes

I am starting to stock up for August as my schedule is insane, it is vacation season. A few more quick and grab options than normal but right now sometimes chips are a side dish.

I tried the Crispy Dills at a work BBQ, yum, I could eat them like chips. I will offer to share these with family.

I am happy with what I got and went slightly over what I wanted to spend by $25 but that was the second pack of chicken wings. These are an easy meal Mom can cook for herself if she is having a bad day and they will be frozen so even if we do not go through them quickly they will get eaten.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : nice shop!!!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I completed the required WHMIS training for my teaching contract. Today I re-certified my First Aid, CPR C, and AED training. Unfortunately I pay for this out of my own pocket and I cannot even write it off at tax time. This was my 7th time re-certifying…always OOP.

We are under a heat advisory. It’s humid outside. The garden is coming along. We harvested some radishes…many don’t like the heat and aren’t developing proper bulbs. The very first raspberry is ripening.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    TGIF, I am so looking forward to this weekend. I am really hoping for a relaxing weekend, yes I have things to get done but I am just going to focus on the day to day and meal/ingredient prep. I know there is other stuff we need to get done but I just need a simple weekend.

Last night before bed I went over both my work and home to-do-lists to see where I was at. Today is a work from home day so I wanted to see what I needed to get done today (outside of the day to day that will come in). Plus what I need to get done this weekend at home. When I got home from Costco we had to tidy up the fridge to make everything fit and made a list of things we need to use up.

Looking at the long range forecast (which I know will change) it looks like next week might be on the warmer side. I am considering making a bunch of salads this weekend to put in the fridge for our sides next week so we only have to worry about the protein. So far I am thinking:
    Potato Salad
    Loaded Baked Potato Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Broccoli Salad
    Fruit Salad
    Plus I would have my normal Salad Bar on hand, Chopped Romaine, Cucumbers, Peppers, and Carrots to make side salads.

Just an idea, not a 100% sold yet but we will see.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF! Going to keep busy at work and not let the overwhelming feeling take over so the day will fly by. I am ready for the weekend!

Sat and Sun DS works so I will be driving him/picking him up. Will get stuff done around the house while he is gone.
    I am off Monday for a vacation day and have a free spa day I am looking forward to

I left DS a note to empty the dishwasher and put away the clean dishes on the counter.

Monday is garbage day and the bin has room so I will be getting rid of some junk! Thinking the garage will be the job this weekend since it is suppose to be nice out all weekend and then will be outside to enjoy it. I should really have a garage sale tomorrow (stuff is in garage in bins) but it is just so much work! ugh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all !
    what a great day so far.

movie and pizza night tonight. trying a new recipie.. open faced sloppy joes on garlic bread... with veggie sticks.. .hmmm.
    i need to do a quick work text... then that is it for work . i am trying to form ... boundries... lol.

i am going to take out my dayplanner.. and figure out next weeks goals and plans... i have a feeling i know how next week will play out... dont like it.. but it is what it is. sometimes , things just need to get done.

i think i am going to work in my backyard for a hour or 2 today. get a few things done back there.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Fancy lol. I have a new pair as back up but thinking a visit to the outlet mall is in my future
    Some friends of ours go state side to the outlet malls and get some amazing deals on NB and I’m soooooo tempted to go but not quite ready to go south yet. That and the fact Dh might not be impressed when I have to start eliminating his shoes for more space .

These are my babies (still have 1 more charcoal and teal ones not pictured)
    Name:  B512AD25-5459-44EA-8AFB-F1B157E63719.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  175.3 KB

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    QOTD:How do you spend in one trip at Costco???
    It all depends if it’s just odds and sods we need or if it’s a stock up. On average a stock up shop is $250-300 but we also shop the sales and try to avoid the inner part of the store. Too many temptations for me sometimes

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information