User Tag List

Page 1056 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 56 556 956 1006 1046 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1066 1106 1156 1556 2056 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,840 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i made extra ground beef curry casserole for lunch

so i had that for dinner as well, it was excellent.
    Last edited by frugal50; Thu, Sep 12th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Supper was boiled perogies tossed with fried ham and onion. Had that with some boiled veggies and peas. All that with sour cream and a glass of milk. It was pretty good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night we had homemade burgers, with poutine which I had to made with Silver Dollar Breakfast Potatoes, not sure how but we are out of fries good thing they are on sale this week.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

dd1 had mashed potatoes, chicken fingers, carrot sticks. dd2 and I had whole wheat no yolks, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, asparagus with teriyaki sauce.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Late supper tonight - son is on a road trip, so husband went to get KFC.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight was lazy man cabbage rolls. The inspiration was a bag of "old" coleslaw in the fridge. It turned out pretty good; we definitely have leftovers.

Dh is not a fan of meal plans. He prefers to do things according to our moods and eat out sometimes. We don't drink, smoke, gamble, and rarely go to the movies now, so I'm ok with eating out instead (within reason).

I came up with a list of some meal ideas that we might do in the next week or so, based on the ingredients that we already have in the house. We are trying to use up some of the freezer stockpile.
    - pork kabobs (marinated pork loin roast...cut up, onion, celery, zucchini) with garden potatoes
    - toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches (fresh garden tomatoes)
    - strifry rice (rice, onion, celery, roast ham, eggs, and spices), chicken and vegetable stiryfry (chicken breasts, bock choy, Napa cabbage, onion, celery, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli), and maybe sweet and sour pork (cut up pork loin with my home made sweet and sour sauce and pineapple)
    - chicken thighs with fresh garden potatoes or rice with steamed broccoli and cauliflower or garlic fried fresh garden zucchini
    - steak (on sale at Sobeys this week) Might just have it as regular steak with mushrooms, onion, and pasta. Or else it might fall victim to becoming some beef kabobs.

I also have to start using the swiss chard that is growing in the garden. Problem with this is that dh only likes it raw (ex. in place of lettuce in a salad). I will eat swiss chard multiple ways. I grew up eating boiled swiss chard with a little butter and salt put on it.

Produce ready to harvest from my garden currently includes: rhubarb, green onions, tomatoes, peas (second planting), zucchini, and potatoes.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thursday I had: lingcod fish tacos with a chipotle aioli, shredded cabbage and salsa fresca. DH had a Cajun chicken burger and dessert was a slice of key lime pie and a scoop of Tahitian vanilla ice cream Friday I had blackened mahi mahi seared in a light chili lime sauce, avocado, lettuce, roma tomato, green onion, cilantro and our house made chipotle sauce, folded into lightly grilled flour tortillas m(more fish tacos ) and DH had chicken strips and fries. He got a chai latte and I had a PSL. Best part his was FREE! They made me the wrong drink Tonight is off to MIL's so for the 3rd night in a row I'm NOT COOKING!!!!!! I wonder if I will remember how to cook come Sunday lol

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Leftover prime rib roast, fried potatoes, brown beans and green beans.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Its been a busy day and I'm tired!! ha ha..so pizza it is!
    Last edited by KelJo; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

DS had a birthday party in the afternoon, DH and I had a snack at Superstore, so we weren't very hungry. But I had a 'big cook' planned, and went forward with that. I made lemon loaf, a big lasagna that is mostly for the freezer (although we both dug into it a bit after 8 p.m.). Tomorrow I'll make banana bread (once I get more eggs) and maybe a beef stew for the freezer.

Funny (but not really), when you lose someone, the strange places you look for them. I lost my mother in July, and when I cook some things, that's one of the times I think of her. Lasagna was her dish, DH LOVED her lasagna. I rarely made it anyhow because she always did, but this was the first time I've made it without her guidance. Last week it was her chowder that I wanted to ask her about.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Lasagna!!!
    yum !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had to eat all my vegetables since they are starting to get old. Had some cheese bread with it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last night was BBQ porkchops, baked potatoes, and mixed veggies.

Tonight will be a roasted chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, with sauteed veggies - mushrooms, onions, celery, carrots, broccoli.
    harbie, cheekysaver, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Back to normal cooking! LOL. I took out a tray of chicken thighs, removed the skin and have them marinating in a mixture of spices, ketchup and green onion (it turns out to be really nice tasting chicken) its suppose to rain but hopefully there will be a break so I will bbq those later. I have 1/2 loaf of French bread from yesterday so I will cut it open and mix together some tomatoes, cheese, basil, etc and grill that as well...and I will prob just make a greek salad to go with it.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    DS had a birthday party in the afternoon, DH and I had a snack at Superstore, so we weren't very hungry. But I had a 'big cook' planned, and went forward with that. I made lemon loaf, a big lasagna that is mostly for the freezer (although we both dug into it a bit after 8 p.m.). Tomorrow I'll make banana bread (once I get more eggs) and maybe a beef stew for the freezer.

Funny (but not really), when you lose someone, the strange places you look for them. I lost my mother in July, and when I cook some things, that's one of the times I think of her. Lasagna was her dish, DH LOVED her lasagna. I rarely made it anyhow because she always did, but this was the first time I've made it without her guidance. Last week it was her chowder that I wanted to ask her about.
    I know what you mean about looking for your mother when cooking. I always look for her or remember her when im making some Ukrainian dishes. Last week i was making Potato Soup with new potatoes and lots of dill and some pièces of kolbassa. I kept remembering how good her soup always tasted. Mine was ok, but hers was a lot better.
    harbie, Zonny, cheekysaver and 1 others like this.

Thread Information