User Tag List

Page 144 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 244 644 1144 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 38237
Like Tree169081Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I'm making nalysnyky tonight - ah, it's been a while!
    They are a savoury crepe with cottage cheese filling, rolled up and baked in a bath of cream and butter. Then you eat them with sour cream. Not for the feint of calories!

*drooling* that looooooks soooooooo yummy!!!!
    I love crepes and I love cheese and MMmmm I think I would love this hehe

In Serbian we call this Palacinke but my mom make it a dessert she fills it wl sugar and crushed walnuts Mmmm I personally like to put nutella and walnuts in mine
    Last edited by VeeVee; Fri, Dec 11th, 2009 at 01:06 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

They are a savoury crepe with cottage cheese filling, rolled up and baked in a bath of cream and butter. Then you eat them with sour cream. Not for the feint of calories!

Mmmm I love naleszniki! My favourite way to eat em is to drizzle sweetened condensed milk all over it and then roll it up. I need to make a batch soon!

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

i'm making fettucini alfredo tonight with homemade garlic bread. i like the days where i have dinner planned out ahead of time.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

YUMMY. I love nalysnyky. We also make them with sauerkraut filling, and then you bread them and fry them.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh my gosh, couponcrazy, that would taste SO good, too!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my gosh, couponcrazy, that would taste SO good, too!

You should try them cold right out of the refrigerator. Delicious. I always make extra so that I can have some the next day straight out of the fridge.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

no clue and it is 3:14

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Our family makes a version of this as well.....crepes filled with cottage cheese and brown sugar and cinnamon then cream poured over and baked.....yummy!!! WE just call them granny's crepes as we cannot remember the correct name....

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post

In Serbian we call this Palacinke but my mom make it a dessert she fills it wl sugar and crushed walnuts Mmmm I personally like to put nutella and walnuts in mine
    Last edited by GottaLoveFreeebies; Fri, Dec 11th, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Last night I christened my new stove with spagattini with a tomatoe/veggie sauce. As for tonight I am really not interested in leftovers(I will likely be having that for lunch).

Turkish:ground lamb with eggs pide looks simply amazing! Is it hard/time consuming to make? I always have to pop in and see what you ar making and the mouth watering pics you post. Even at 9am I am drooling and craving it(even though I have never had it!)
    its pretty easy to make think of it as pizza :D you can use ground beef as well i just tend to use a lot of gorund lamb cause i have a tad bit too much in the freezer and i was the type of person that wasnt able to ever touch raw meat so i find ground meat easy to work with for now then the meats lol but as for the pide its just the dough that takes 1/2 hour to rise and then for the filling i would say 10 mins there are many kinds of pides
    -feta parsley and onion pide
    -ground lamb or beef pide if you want add an egg and its a whole new pide :D
    -patato pide
    -spinach and herb
    -chicken breast and vegi
    and the list goes on but here is how you make the gorund lamb or beef pide

DOUGH
    4 cups flour
    yeast
    1/4 cup plain yogurt
    1 tbsp salt

add enough warm water where the dough feels like your ear lobe (lmao i know it sounds funny but trust me thats the only way to know when the dough is perfect for a pide)

preheat your oven to 400F

FILLING
    300g ground meat
    1 1/2 onion
    2 tomatoes
    1/2 bunch parsley
    salt
    blackpepper
    pepper flakes
    EVOO

add 1 1/2 onions, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 bunch of parsley and evoo into the food processor and mix until everything is blended now add this mixture into your ground beef/lamb add salt, black pepper, paprika, and pepper flakes and mix with your hands untill everything is smoothly combined

take your dough and roll them out into oval shapes add the gorund beef mixture around the dough and fold in the crusts like the picture i posted before toss it in the oven untill golden brown rub butter on the crsut cut and serve

i hope everything made sence lol im really bad at explaining recipes and dont know much of the terminology if you dont understand anything dont hesitate to ask me tell me how they turn out

Natalka those look really good hmmz i wonder how it would be if i used vegi chicken breast and mozza insteaad of cottage cheese (im really picky with cheese )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

since I'm flying out tomorrow and have been running like a chicken all day, we had Subway!!
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post

I grew up with them being like this - savoury - but then I usually save one for dessert and sprinkle sugar on the sour cream topping!
    Others in my husband's family make them with jam, or cinnamon and sugar. But hmm, nutella and walnuts, my son would go batty for that!
    They're in the oven - gosh, this place smells great! Decided I needed more food (my husband and son could devour the 9x13 pan which is full in one plateful each) so I'm making pyrohy as well.
    I'm thinking it's a veggin' on the sofa kinda night... or maybe I'll do Christmas cards... too full to do anything else!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

There's a reason why I hesitate to come into this thread...

It makes me hungry!!!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

tonight just some manti
    roseofblack its calling your name :D

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ok, I googled manti!! I just think I could eat dumplings of any kind, from any culture, with any filling!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tonight we just had pasta, shell noodles with oriental veggies in it, was pretty good but we only had 1 can of homemade pasta sauce left and we used store bought so could have been better!

Thread Information