User Tag List

Page 1144 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 144 644 1044 1094 1134 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1154 1194 1244 1644 2144 ... LastLast
Results 17,146 to 17,160 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

MIL served us dinner last night. It was a healthy bean/kale and lots of other veg soup. It was sooooooo good. She also served a Chinese eggplant that was cooked with some amazing spices( I'm going to get the recipe).

Tonight I'm making my version of a creamy hamburger helper. It tastes so much better than the store bought stuff dh loves.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Tonight will be roast chicken. I got a 3 pack this week at rcss for 1.98/lb, they were brined for 24 hours with pepper, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. (I am lucky that in bc my herbs are still green in my garden...I don't miss those nasty/snowy winters!) This makes the chicken have some flavour in the meat rather than just from spices on the skin (as we usually don't eat the skin). Keeps the meat moist and juicy, and it pulls off the bone so easy. 2 in the freezer for future meals.

Sides will be mashed potatoes with some leftover roasted garlic from pizza night, green beans with toasted almonds from last nights salad, and I will make a mushroom gravy with the extra sautéed mushrooms from last night too.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Going to make a holopshi casserole. I love cabbage rolls and it tastes the same but is easier to make.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Made "homemade" Chinese food. "Homemade" as in it wasn't takeout, but the majority of it was prepackaged that I made at home...Chinese fried rice (sidekicks type packet) was on sale for .88 at Freshco and I had a craving. Also fried up the rest of the package of frozen pork dumplings that I bought on sale at Sobeys and didn't really end up liking (too salty and greasy to eat too many at once), and did some peas for the veg since the package of fried rice only had maybe 3 peas in the entire thing!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Takeout night - unusual to have two in a week, but hey.... my arms and feet hurt.

I had chicken fingers (they are real), fries, and salad; husband had liver and onions with fries.
    harbie, Crochetlady, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

It's Friday!! and its a beautiful, cold sunny day. We have our snow back so everyone will be hitting the snowmobile trails today and opening their cabins..it's a lot of fun.....crab dips, muscles, calamari, chicken wings, pork frys, moose (yuck) the list goes on with every kind of side to go with it..so it should be an interesting Friday evening to see what everyone is cooking up in their cabins today...looking forward to it!!
    Last edited by KelJo; Sun, Feb 28th, 2016 at 02:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    . (I am lucky that in bc my herbs are still green in my garden...I don't miss those nasty/snowy winters!)

totally jealous! My herbs are under several feet of snow. I picked a good amount before the snow and they lasted until just before Christmas, but now have to resort to the fresh ones from the grocery store, and they aren't as nice as the ones from my garden.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Last night was leftover parmesan crusted chicken, with some fresh roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, and broccoli. And fresh banana muffins for dessert.

Tonight? Depends on what meat dh decides to take out of the freezer, if he remembers.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I need some inspiration today! I have a freezer FULL of various meats. I have boneless chicken thighs, ground pork, ground beef, boneless skinless chicken boobies, steaks but I need help.

I super stocked up from an amazing local farm Hopcott Farms but now I just need some ideas. Anyone got any????

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was chicken in mushroom soup over rice

Tonight, I suggested Oktoberfest but Mom did not seem too thrilled so I won't be surprised to go home and find out they were never taken out of the freezer.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight pasta with homemade sauce.

I have 3 turkeys I really need to use up! Think I will take out of freezer tonight and cook Sunday!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Tonight pasta with homemade sauce.

I have 3 turkeys I really need to use up! Think I will take out of freezer tonight and cook Sunday!
    I pulled 1 of mine out to cook sunday too

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I have a lot of deli meat left over, so toasted sandwiches again. maybe some oven fries or soup.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I need some inspiration today! I have a freezer FULL of various meats. I have boneless chicken thighs, ground pork, ground beef, boneless skinless chicken boobies, steaks but I need help.

I super stocked up from an amazing local farm Hopcott Farms but now I just need some ideas. Anyone got any????
    -Tacos (pork or beef)
    - stir fry (using steak)
    - chicken souvlaki
    - beef macaroni (ground beef)
    - steak (pan fried of grilled depending on what you have access to) with roasted potatoes, roasted veggies and/or salad
    - spaghetti sauce
    - chili

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I scored a free Renees Tangy Thai sauce today at our local grocery store -they deeply discount items that are near to expiry. Any ideas how I could use this? My dad has been giving us a bunch of beef stew meat lately and I've been marinading and cooking in the slow cooker (absolutely delicious). Would I be able to use this Tangy Thai as a beef marinade you think?

On a side note, it was so warm today (10 degrees)!! Loving the weather without the rain!
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Thread Information